Hutch is now Vodafone

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

From what i've observed, operator name never changes in a phone. When a phone is started for the first time, it saves the operator names at that time and even if the operator changes the name later the phone still shows the previous one. I know people whose old 3310 still show Orange instead of Hutch (or Vodafone now) or INA AIRTEL instead of just Airtel. Now only if you buy a new phone will you get to see Vodafone as the operator name. Even if you search for network in your current phone, you'll see Hutch.

praka123

left this forum longback
I am an idea customer from start itself,but it shows erstwhile ESCOTEL(escotel was brought out by birla's idea cellular) :( .no way to remove it i suppose.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Third Eye said:
Can we expect 3G from Vodafone.:rolleyes:

Ive learnt to expect verry little from telecom in india. :-|

Anyway vodafone had already aquired hutch months ago! Now they have just started conducting bussiness on the vodafone brand name.
If they wanted to bring in some major tech into India, they would have done so long back.

@tech.masti: send it again, its toll free [atleast!]

NucleusKore

TheSaint
shaunak said:
Ive learnt to expect verry little from telecom in india. :-|

Anyway vodafone had already aquired hutch months ago! Now they have just started conducting bussiness on the vodafone brand name.
If they wanted to bring in some major tech into India, they would have done so long back.

@tech.masti: send it again, its toll free [atleast!]

Well I do not share your scepticism. Doing business in India is difficult for ANY foreign company due to "difficulties" in our polity/bureaucracy. Our home grown indian entrepreneurs are masters at using the system to their advantage. So they tend to be very cautious and tread carefully when they enter.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Yes Yes Yes, Its showing Vodafone in my phone now.

BTW I also got the MTNL Vidyarthi plan today:

Free calls to all MTNL- Basic PSTN or Dolphin or Trump or Garuda.
Free Unltd local SMS
STD SMSat 50p
STD call @ 1 Re

Sim Cost = 350Rs
Included validity- 1 month
included call value for non mtnl nw - 100Rs

Every month I have to geet a 310 Rs Vidyarthi Recharge, to keep the scheme.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
& i was thinking Airtel was owned by Vodaphone.
Didja ever Google "I'm feeling lucky" check Airtel a year or so back.... it lead to the Vodaphone site then.. which made me think Airtel to b a Vodaphone subsidary.... seems the site developers @ Vodaphone were ingenious ;)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@ Kalpik & Tech.Masti

I am from Rohini, Delhi. Worry not guyz, my sister's phone still shows Hutch. I have the old orange coloured sim while she has the new pink sim.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
kumarmohit said:
@ Kalpik & Tech.Masti

I am from Rohini, Delhi. Worry not guyz, my sister's phone still shows Hutch. I have the old orange coloured sim while she has the new pink sim.

I too have Old Orange color sim - still Orange for me in Mumbai

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
hutch.in or vodafone.in are not opening properly. even if they open, clicking of "Manage my account" gives You are not authorized to view this page error

koolbluez said:
& i was thinking Airtel was owned by Vodaphone.
Didja ever Google "I'm feeling lucky" check Airtel a year or so back.... it lead to the Vodaphone site then.. which made me think Airtel to b a Vodaphone subsidary.... seems the site developers @ Vodaphone were ingenious ;)
As far as I knw, Vodafone has some Holding In Airtel along with Bharti...
Trying opening airtel.com and it will lead u to *www.vodafone.es/ ..
For Indian Airtel u need to open Airtel.in.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
krazyfrog said:
From what i've observed, operator name never changes in a phone. When a phone is started for the first time, it saves the operator names at that time and even if the operator changes the name later the phone still shows the previous one. I know people whose old 3310 still show Orange instead of Hutch (or Vodafone now) or INA AIRTEL instead of just Airtel. Now only if you buy a new phone will you get to see Vodafone as the operator name. Even if you search for network in your current phone, you'll see Hutch.
its not in the phone, buddy. you need to reprogram the sim card. even n/w selection. operator logo download is just like a sticker over the original name plate.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
enticer86 said:
wht do u mean?? whats the tax issue here?? :O

The deal take place between hutch and Vodafone involved huge amount (vodafone paid to hutch) and govt. imposed some taxes (what I get from the news) over this deal, Vodaphone wants hutch to pay tax.:)

infra_red_dude said:
its not in the phone, buddy. you need to reprogram the sim card.

How to program SIM :???:

infra_red_dude said:
even n/w selection.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :???: :???: :???: :???:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom