HTC One Thread

randomuser111

Technomancer
Or since you will buy it quite late, you can get the Tab Z itself for around 18k from USA. By then it would have dropped to 299 or lower there.

7 inch one obviously has not been announced yet. It will come around July.

tkin

Back to school!!
Or since you will buy it quite late, you can get the Tab Z itself for around 18k from USA. By then it would have dropped to 299 or lower there.

7 inch one obviously has not been announced yet. It will come around July.
Looking forward to it.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
HTC One vs iPhone 5 camera duel: Ultrapixel tech tested | CNET UK

HTC One is pretty bad in daylight, they can neither match details, nor have noise free images.

rider

as Kratos
Re: HTC One with 4.7" 1080p screen, 1.7GHz Krait 300 processor

Both mobiles take decent shots, with the HTC One taking a slight lead on the iPhone 5 when it comes to detailed macro shots and low-light conditions, but proving fractionally less adept when it comes to producing colourful shots.

No it's not hype. It is better than iPhone 5 that is till now considered to be best camera smartphone (except nokia pureview 808).

About pricing HTC should sell it for 35-40k (32GB model) and 40-45k (64GB). It will not be priced 45k like butterfly. Remember HTC done this before. They launched 4.7" HTC Sensation XL with beats audio. It was priced for about 40k after some months they launched HTC One X for 35k as their flagship device.

HTC One vs iPhone 5 camera duel: Ultrapixel tech tested | CNET UK

HTC One is pretty bad in daylight, they can neither match details, nor have noise free images.

No it appears better than iphone 5 in daylight but the HTC One picture looks instagramed not much detailed but with better light. The face is not covered with sunlight like ip5.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Dude, they said both are one and the same when comparing HTC One 4MP vs Iphone 5 mp. If you downsample Iphone 5 images to 4 MP, it will beat HTC One. So it's pointless. At 4 MP any photo will look better - DUH!!!

If you don't believe download the full size images and downsample IP5 samples to 4MP and then compare.

UltraPixel is a big FAIL.

Quite honestly, in some shots even at 8MP IP5 beats HTC One!!

tkin

Back to school!!
^

Dude, they said both are one and the same when comparing HTC One 4MP vs Iphone 5 mp. If you downsample Iphone 5 images to 4 MP, it will beat HTC One. So it's pointless. At 4 MP any photo will look better - DUH!!!

If you don't believe download the full size images and downsample IP5 samples to 4MP and then compare.

UltraPixel is a big FAIL.
That concept only works when:

A. You have atleast 5 times more pixels, or even more, like 808.
B. A larger sensor as well, no downsampling could get more light on the scene.

And /OT C. You have to be nokia, their N8, 808, Lumia camera's are still some of the best in their fields, with the 808 ruling the roost, in dpreview they showed, not only 808 beats low/mid point and shoots but under optimal conditions it can match low end DSLRs, another shootout showed the Galaxy cam cannot match the 808 in terms of picture quality(GSMArena).

randomuser111

Technomancer
True. All HTC has done is put in an average sensor and at the same time compromised megapixels. There is pretty much nothing to zoom in on or crop with the HTC One pictures. If you have 8+ mp sensor you can anyway downsample to 4 mp or 3 mp or whatever if you need better pics. But with HTC One you are stuck with 4mp which is no better than 8/13 mp of competitors.

They should have used at least a 13mp sensor and then downsampled to 3 MP.

rider

as Kratos
True. All HTC has done is put in an average sensor and at the same time compromised megapixels. There is pretty much nothing to zoom in on or crop with the HTC One pictures. If you have 8+ mp sensor you can anyway downsample to 4 mp or 3 mp or whatever if you need better pics. But with HTC One you are stuck with 4mp which is no better than 8/13 mp of competitors.

They should have used at least a 13mp sensor and then downsampled to 3 MP.

I would like to see more pictures and big review. In conference they show off a low light image where it drastically beats ip5 and gs3.

tkin

Back to school!!
I would like to see more pictures and big review. In conference they show off a low light image where it drastically beats ip5 and gs3.
That's the issue, low light needs not only downsamplng but a larger sensor as well, like 808 had, does HTC One come with a larger sensor?

rider

as Kratos
That's the issue, low light needs not only downsamplng but a larger sensor as well, like 808 had, does HTC One come with a larger sensor?

HTC One has a 1/3-inch BSI CMOS sensor with f/2.0 aperture.

*www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/htc-one4.jpg

tkin

Back to school!!
HTC One has a 1/3-inch BSI CMOS sensor with f/2.0 aperture.

*www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/htc-one4.jpg
Then it can never match 808, or even entry level point and shoots, not sure about iphone 5, I never respected any smartphone camera expect the 808:

*1.static.img-dpreview.com/files/articles/8083837371/NokiaSensor.jpeg?v=1955

And this is a very good article, this sort of explains almost everything we are discussing and predicting about smartphone camera's here, this should give us a rough idea about what HTC needs, to actually take good low light shots: Review: Nokia 808 PureView: Digital Photography Review

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

It uses a smaller sensor than last year's One X and same lens aperture.

Also rider, I don't understand why you are blindly believing a photo shown by HTC. What do you expect? Will they show that Htc One is worse? LOL

Also 808 pureview is just in another league. No smartphone with a Tiny sensor can even come close to it.

rider

as Kratos

^

It uses a smaller sensor than last year's One X and same lens aperture.

Also rider, I don't understand why you are blindly believing a photo shown by HTC. What do you expect? Will they show that Htc One is worse? LOL

Also 808 pureview is just in another league. No smartphone with a Tiny sensor can even come close to it.

There is no point to compare a phone with 808 pureview. Please guys! leave that phone as exception and compare rest other phones.

I'm not blindly supporting. I appreciate technologies brought up by all manufacturers. But still I can't completely say HTC One camera is a hype. I posted that picture of conference to explain easily. I would decide by reading full review of its lens.

Can you tell me how big is the sensor of Xperia Z?

tkin

Back to school!!

There is no point to compare a phone with 808 pureview. Please guys! leave that phone as exception and compare rest other phones.

I'm not blindly supporting HTC. I appreciate technologies brought up by all manufacturers. But still I can't completely say HTC One camera is a hype. I posted that picture to explain easily. I would decide by reading full review of its lens.
Nope, but the downsampling tech they are saying is a hype, as a normal cam I have no complaints but as soon as they try to do the downsampling like 808, you're bound to compare it with the only camera that can do it properly, if HTC said all that but not that low light stuff with downsampling(ultrapixels) I would've never brought upon the 808.

rider

as Kratos

Nope, but the downsampling tech they are saying is a hype, as a normal cam I have no complaints but as soon as they try to do the downsampling like 808, you're bound to compare it with the only camera that can do it properly, if HTC said all that but not that low light stuff with downsampling(ultrapixels) I would've never brought upon the 808.

Actually! all compact camera manufactures try to bring greater and greater quality in low light situations without increasing the size of sensor. They all work to bring some better technology for better images.
If I talk more about compact cameras. They quality of panasonic in low light is the best and after that sony and canon. Nikon compact cameras have same size sensor but the quality in low light always remain behind other brands.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia Z sensor is about the same size as HTC One - 1/3.06. Galaxy S2/S3/Xperia V/Iphone 5 sensors are bigger than HTC One and Z both.

Anyway, why HTC is giving only 1.5 GB available RAM ??????????? Even Butterfly and Droid DNA have 1.5GB only. Xperia Z has 1.78GB RAM for users.

How much in Note 2 and Nexus 4? Anybody knows?

tkin

Back to school!!
Xperia Z sensor is about the same size as HTC One - 1/3.06. Galaxy S2/S3/Xperia V/Iphone 5 sensors are bigger than HTC One and Z both.

Anyway, why HTC is giving only 1.5 GB available RAM ??????????? Even Butterfly and Droid DNA have 1.5GB only. Xperia Z has 1.78GB RAM for users.

How much in Note 2 and Nexus 4? Anybody knows?
Note II get 1.75GB as I saw in videos, don't know about Nexus IV.

Top Bottom