How's your social life/Help with social life.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I tried Omegle before, tried asking a question and observing people talk about it, but I could not figure out what questions to ask. :p

I've said before and I will say again. I've tried being myself, not helped much.

Additional points : I have some mild temper issues, so I can get a little rude. So, I sometimes avoid expressing myself because I am not sure how the other person would react to what I have to say. I can sometimes get pretty critical about somethings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vy0m, You're only problem is you think too much. You attach yourself to everyone emotionally and try to be the best that they deserve. Sometimes they might not reciprocate, other times they will. But you do. There lies your problem. You forget that people are in fact humans. They are capable of showing multiple emotions, sometimes in the blink of an eye. You get "betrayed", "backstabbed", "mistreated", etc. But you take that on yourself and make your life miserable. You might forgive them for behaving that way, bt you can't forgive yourself for the trust you had in them. You need to do that and let it go. And remember: Life isn't just black or white, but million shades of grey.

Well, you either got lucky or are in fact a good psychologist. But I think you read me correctly.

I do tend to attach myself emotionally to anyone. I just try to be honest and frank. And expect them to give honesty in return. But maybe I am expecting too much.
And I am aware of the shades of gray that people have. Even I do too. And it was the shades only to which I was referring to in my "Sometimes you have to ..." post. But I believe I tend to oscillate towards the two extremes of emotions. For me it's always One or Zero, and nothing else in between.
I am still trying to turn my data type from integer to float. But that's a tough path. But I am trying.

Thanks for understanding and sharing your words of wisdom.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Well, you either got lucky or are in fact a good psychologist. But I think you read me correctly.

I do tend to attach myself emotionally to anyone. I just try to be honest and frank. And expect them to give honesty in return. But maybe I am expecting too much.
And I am aware of the shades of gray that people have. Even I do too. And it was the shades only to which I was referring to in my "Sometimes you have to ..." post. But I believe I tend to oscillate towards the two extremes of emotions. For me it's always One or Zero, and nothing else in between.
Thanks for understanding and sharing your words of wisdom.
I can read people correctly most of the time. Repercussion of having been there and done that.

I am still trying to turn my data type from integer to float.
Say no more. :facepalm: :p

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Maybe this is why people don't like to hang out with you. If you're gonna quote something make sure, it's either one of these:
  • Out of a bestseller novel
  • Out of a box office hit
  • Out of an uber awesome game
  • Something original and witty
  • Not lame
  • Not a meme
  • Not related to Pokemon
  • Your voice doesn't remind anyone of Justin Beiber

Just saying. Be thyself, thy neighbor will love you.

@Vy0m: Condolences.
bayyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooa wooooooooooooeawwwwww aaaaaa

You don't realize how popular beiber is.

Sorry to say, but you're thinking (wrong) too much. And stuff like "backstab" et cetera doesn't happen in real life. If you'll be "fake" - result will be troubles for your own self.

If majority of people are not your friend, that doesn't mean that you're not their friend and you'll be bad to them. Introspect yourself and be everyone's friend. That is the only way of achieving universal happiness.

Ignore universal happiness. Then the only way to achieve that is personal happiness.

Agree with that. Try to be frank about things that can actually affect you in near future.

Listening quietly to a girl saying that increasing iso sensitivity makes that bokeh effect will not actually be detrimental to you. But if someone is two faced liar then better handle him so that he won't be a problem afterwards.

And keep 1 or 2 good friends with whom you can talk more personal things, more than that will likely put you in a bad situation later.

And if you are still not happy then change something.

Another important point which I seem to follow is never interfere into other people's problems (but do help when called in for by any good person) and set no expectations from others (emotional attachment as someone said about). Sure to keep you content.

lastly....cool :lol:

@vyom
You need to watch Peppermint Candy.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
As popular as anal probes.

Nice line to socialize with others :lol:

Analytically assertive.

@vyom
you have written so much in earlier post.

Everyone out there will talk to you either if he is in some need or he is truly in love with you (happens rarely twice, thrice in a lifetime). You got to make a mutually beneficial ecosystem. Prioritize those from whom you can gain something too. Simply put, life is kind of business.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have read all your posts, but none seem to help. I am just a little short of giving up.
Posted via Mobile Device

AcceleratorX

Youngling
@Vyom and ico: Both of you are opposite sides of the spectrum. All of us need to find the balance. In today's world, subterfuge is necessary sometimes.

No need to be fake, but there's no reason to expose the truth to everyone either. Strike a balance, know when and how to act. Truth always comes out in the end, but the outcome of this depends on how you have been handling the situation.

I have similar experiences as Vyom, but always a good one also came along. What I can tell you is that the greatest things and the most unselfish and honest people are found where you generally don't look....:)

Be true to yourself: this advice matters.

@serpent16: Girls don't hate geeks, don't think that way. The thing is that a conversation must bring satisfaction to both parties. If you're talking about something the other person doesn't understand then they get nothing out of it.

If you don't want to talk about movies etc. you can just discuss life in general - things like what you did during a holiday, places you've been to, things you've seen, etc. Those are fairly decent ways to start a conversation.

Please don't denounce the opposite sex by calling girls "ugly" or saying they have "insensible talks". There are reasons for everything and nobody is ugly. What you call ugly may be very hot to someone else, see? :)

As for talks making no sense, please note that people have issues and women are much more emotionally involved in them than men (this is a generalization of course). It may not make a lot of sense to you but it does to them. If you really want to be a friend (or something else if your mind is inclined that way), you should make a concerted effort to at least try and understand what's going on, and to understand that there's a lot going on in people's minds.

I'm going on record and saying it here that once upon a time I thought as some of you do and had similar difficulties socializing. But when I understood that all are human beings, all have emotions, things they love, things they hate, feelings, etc. and started to respect them for what they were, all of that changed.

As far as talking to girls go, you have to realize you can't just go about it the same way as you talk to guys. Many girls are a little bit apprehensive about talking to boys and if you don't behave gently a lot of them are just doubtful of whether you can really be a friend (again, generalizations but things I have observed).

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
@Vyom and ico: Both of you are opposite sides of the spectrum. All of us need to find the balance. In today's world, subterfuge is necessary sometimes.

No need to be fake, but there's no reason to expose the truth to everyone either. Strike a balance, know when and how to act. Truth always comes out in the end, but the outcome of this depends on how you have been handling the situation.

I have similar experiences as Vyom, but always a good one also came along. What I can tell you is that the greatest things and the most unselfish and honest people are found where you generally don't look....:)

Be true to yourself: this advice matters.

@serpent16: Girls don't hate geeks, don't think that way. The thing is that a conversation must bring satisfaction to both parties. If you're talking about something the other person doesn't understand then they get nothing out of it.

If you don't want to talk about movies etc. you can just discuss life in general - things like what you did during a holiday, places you've been to, things you've seen, etc. Those are fairly decent ways to start a conversation.

This.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Sorry to say, but you're thinking (wrong) too much. And stuff like "backstab" et cetera doesn't happen in real life. If you'll be "fake" - result will be troubles for your own self.

If majority of people are not your friend, that doesn't mean that you're not their friend and you'll be bad to them. Introspect yourself and be everyone's friend.

:thumbs:
Everyone, or every stranger, is a potential friend.

Top Bottom