How to become fat?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I;m 17 my height is around 5.8-5.10.
Well i have become kinda thin how to do i become a bit fat and look healthy?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
how much do you weigh?
find out your somatotype, it's a little tougher if you are an ectomorph

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^pff, you are not severely underweight, me not an expert, but looks like just a matter of 4-5 kgs
best thing to do is visit a dietitian, who can recommend the correct way to do this

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not even that, 55 kg at 5.8 is pretty OK for a 17-year old. Better to stay slightly thin rather than getting fat at this age. ;) And hit the gym if you need some muscles.

axes2t2

I am a cat
You should be around 70 kg's.

Also 5.8 and 5.10 mein bahut farak hota hein :oops:

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
body mass index=mass(in kg)/(height in meters)^2 should be between 18.5 to 25.
5.8=1.73m(approx) so BMI=55/(1.73*1.73)=18.4

you are on the thin side but otherwise no problem.for your height anything upto 70kg is ok.for wait gain eat dairy/meat products & exercise a bit or else all weight gain will be concentrated around waist. :)

Hrishi

I would not advcie going for any supplements like Endura Mass , since I have heard that they have certain side effects . Some say they affect productivity.

Well I am having similiar physique like you described but I am 19 and 5.9' Tall.

FOr improving body weight in a positive and healthy manner , going to GYM regularly will help. But make sure that you have lots of healthy calories.

TO gain mass , there is a simple rule : Eat more calories than you actually burn.

If you will go to GYM , you will workout a lot , this will lead to hunger. You will eat a lot more than usual.THis will eventually build muscles , if you take on a protein rich diet.
Protein is more better than FAT. So build muscle by working out and eating heathy.

I am also going to GYM from past several weeks. :)

Protein and calorie rich diet include : White part of boiled Eggs(best source of protein) , Banana-Milkshake , Soyabeans , Wheat , etc.
Avoid FAT rich food like the yolk of boiled egg , oils ,etc.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Not even that, 55 kg at 5.8 is pretty OK for a 17-year old. Better to stay slightly thin rather than getting fat at this age. ;) And hit the gym if you need some muscles.
Ok :). I heard once u become 18, you become fat

Hrishi

^maybe cause your height stops increasing after that age so you increase the other way around. :p

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Ok :D!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not advcie going for any supplements like Endura Mass , since I have heard that they have certain side effects . Some say they affect productivity.

Well I am having similiar physique like you described but I am 19 and 5.9' Tall.

FOr improving body weight in a positive and healthy manner , going to GYM regularly will help. But make sure that you have lots of healthy calories.

TO gain mass , there is a simple rule : Eat more calories than you actually burn.

If you will go to GYM , you will workout a lot , this will lead to hunger. You will eat a lot more than usual.THis will eventually build muscles , if you take on a protein rich diet.
Protein is more better than FAT. So build muscle by working out and eating heathy.

I am also going to GYM from past several weeks. :)]

Protein and calorie rich diet include : White part of boiled Eggs(best source of protein) , Banana-Milkshake , Soyabeans , Wheat , etc.

thats what i do everyday, eat more but no burning it :D

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I;m 17 my height is around 5.8-5.10.
Well i have become kinda thin how to do i become a bit fat and look healthy?

start eating a sugar diet. the best way to gain mass is by eating nothing but pure sugar. (until you reach your desired weight) dont get addicted to the sugar.

i suggest :

a. chocolate bars - 2 x a day
b. ice-cream and chocolate sauce
c. banana

basically anything with sugar in it. This is if you want to gain weight.

1-2 weeks of this ridiculous diet and you will gain about 3-4 kgs in about 2 weeks, if you eat :

250g chocolate
150g banana
100g ice cream + 20g chocolate sauce

I am also going to GYM from past several weeks. :)

That is not true, it also depends where your calories are coming from.

ex: sugar - pure carbohydrate
lean meats - carbs + protein
fruits - fructose + natural sugar.

with all three different diets, you will be surprised to know if say presently you eat 2000cals, now if you switch to pure sugar diet, you will start gaining weight if you switch to a fruit diet or a high protein / high fat diet of same numbers of cals you will lose weight.

protein rich diet is useless, unless you plan to workout.

proteins which are not used by the body are broken down further into sugar. and rule of thumb says a growing young adult needs about 0.75g protein/kg bodyweight. if you workout anything between 1-1.5g/kg is more than enough.

Supplements like mass gainers affect the body, specially the liver. So it is advisable to take maximum nutrition in your diet via natural food.

and muscles are a oxidated form of fat, so if you are fat and you workout a lot, the difference in the strength of the muscle fibers is a lot.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you will get a fat belly if you eat and do no work :| .. personal experience and true story :|

i'm trying to do the reverse of the topic :lol:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Ok :). I heard once u become 18, you become fat

as you start maturing your metabolic rate starts slowing down, if adults did the same amount of activity small children 2-4years old did they would be burning 2500 cals / day. there are many factors, when you are small 10-12 testosterone production in the body is low, 14-16 the facial hair and pubic hair is a affect of the elevated levels of testosterone. during 15-18 years most of the major bone development (exoskeleton) and muscular development takes place. it is not that people dont grow beyond this age, statistically speaking the levels of HGH drop in the body after 19 years and peak around 17 . so the basic point being that

a. higher the muscle mass = more energy burned during activity and post activity
b. higher the metabolic rate = more energy released while resting

as a result of which when you start maturing the metabolic rate decreases and because of the lack of physical activity you dont burn the same amount of energy and therefore you may get fat.

Top Bottom