How much bandwidth do you use per month with plan

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Around 100-250GB per month running PC 24x7x28, hardly using torrents.. I use filehosting sites like Fileserve. Unfortunately Internet plans are ridiculously expensive in India (exception: Beam Fibre Optics), wish prices were cheaper...

Connections:

BSNL EVDO @2.4Mbps Unlimited - Gives around 1 to 2.35Mbps.
Mobile 3G 7.2Mbps Limited - Gives around 3-4Mbps.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Last Month I used 202GB

Download :: 108GB

Upload :: 94GB

Hopefully this Month I will touch 1TB mark since I installed Networx that will be around 6-7 months back

This Month :sad: first Time my FUP has been Active.. so only D+U = 54GB

Has any one has problem like me.. Whose FUP got activated just this month. My Friends in neighborhood had this Same prob from this month. Before this I was somehow immune with this Virus(FUP).

Heard about new policy of Trai.. No Roaming Charges and Broadband Should have at least 512 instead of current 256Kbps.. If this passes then after monthly cap we will have at least 512 Kbps.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
climbx said:
Heard about new policy of Trai.. No Roaming Charges and Broadband Should have at least 512 instead of current 256Kbps.. If this passes then after monthly cap we will have at least 512 Kbps.
So will this mean my 256 kbps BSNL unlimited connection will become 512 kbps :D ?

vav

Broken In
used to download more than 70 Gb per month but becoz of fair user policy(after 10 gb downloading rate reduce to half) now days it hardly cross 20 GB

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My September 2011 Record-

Download- 19.414 GB
Upload- 2.062 GB

Recorded using Datafox

No. These are not due to torrents. Thanks to Steam downloading games through it :D

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Bought Micromax 310G (Tagged With BSNL 3G :( ) Today Along With Airtel Sim :)
Really happy with the speeds, it crossed 340 kbps easily! :p
Previously I thought of 352G (Max 7.2 kbps) but I wonder if the current speeds are going to cross 3-4 Mbps?
anyway, totally satisfied with the product till now :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
Won't matter much, 512kbps UL is already 750/-, they should just double the speeds for every plans.

but it will be great after monthly Cap. Currently which is ridiculously low just 256kbps. Now a days With so much Flash content,images,videos on websites. 512kbps is minimum needed to browse without much/decent lag. 256kbps Damn slow:cry:

+1 If they Double.. or at least they double-triple our monthly caps. For me I believe which is 10GB

clmlbx

Technomancer
If they double the Speeds and not caps or does not even increase the Cap then Again it will be same scenario. As I say I have10Gb cap how long will it take to cover it up for 1mbps. This month itself I covered this 10gb cap in a day(literally) on just 512kbps.

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
It says the speeds will be 9x the current by 2014. Sounds too good to be true, but well, this guy also promised us a tablet.

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
It says the speeds will be 9x the current by 2014. Sounds too good to be true, but well, this guy also promised us a tablet.

lol so did he promise a fair investigation into the 2G scam,on the topic UL 512kbps from airtel is good although a FUP of 5gb is mentioned,the speed never comes down and also the guy promised me to make it Rs 499/month after 2 months of initial use btw i hate the speeds,would have loved UL 1mbps :D

gameranand

Living to Play
If they double the Speeds and not caps or does not even increase the Cap then Again it will be same scenario. As I say I have10Gb cap how long will it take to cover it up for 1mbps. This month itself I covered this 10gb cap in a day(literally) on just 512kbps.

Why don't you use UL plans then ??
Man I can't live with a cap limit.

We are in India so it hardly matters what is being promised. If it even goes to 4.5x I'll be happy.

Top Bottom