High CPU Temps !!!

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Hi! Friends.
From past many months my cpu temps have been quite high about 55-60 c at idle . The CPU is not overclocked and running at stock speed with the stock cooler . Even just after starting my computer when i open SpeedFan I get high temps , but in the bios when I see the temps are quite normal like 29-32 c .
The Room temps is about 22-24 . And both the side panel are removed off the cabinet.

I even downloaded another software (RealTemp) to check temprature but it gave me the same result ~60 c.

Can anyone help me to bring down the Temps .
My Config is on my signature.

*i.imgur.com/6RdNT.jpg

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try speccy & HWMonitor. if they too show these kind of temperature, then you may need to clean and reTIM your processor. bios values are not always accurate as at time of boot there mayn't be sufficient load.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Every app is showing almost the same temprature .
@Sam what did you mean by reTIM , I didnt get you can you please explain.

*i.imgur.com/TQPxg.jpg

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
clean the old thermal paste from processor & reapply thermal paste. btw have you recently did any kind of cleaning of your PC? so that HSF may have got loose.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Thanks , yeah I cleaned up my pc 2 months ago but the temps were same back then as they are now. :( anyway will do it what you have suggested whenever I have time cause Exams are coming :(

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@rajatGod512

Try a good Thermal paste as suggested by Nightmare and see if you get any drops in temperatures, If no then revert back. Also check whether your HSF is properly attached.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would suggest to use a non electro conductive TiM like CM Thermal Fusion 400 ;-)

Digarmoca

Right off the assembly line
You can remove the old thermal compound and re-apply with new thermal compound then you should be fine.

doomgiver

Warframe
topgear, please make a tute showing how to (what to use to) remove and apply TIM
and some commonly available TIM/remover in india

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I'm not very good at making tutes based on hardware components - I use clean cotton cloth to remove TiM from cpu and for gpu use cotton swabs and so far they have produced good results - as for applying a small pea size drop on the cpu surface / or on the the gpu chip should be more than enough;-)

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
There are lots of handy video tutorials on Youtube for removing the TIM and applying a new one take a look at them. They are quite nicely explained.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
topgear, please make a tute showing how to (what to use to) remove and apply TIM
and some commonly available TIM/remover in india
Buy Isopropyl alcohol from a chemist.

Take cotton/cloth. Make it wet with IPA.

Clean the processor's back.

For applying TIM - one pea sized dot in the center and put on the heat sink. Nothing else.

doomgiver

Warframe
alrighty.

i got a "coolermaster" tim for 100 bucks from smc intl in nehru place.

it came with a plastic stencil and a card spreader.

i put some tim on one edge of stencil and gently moved the card over it, it gave a thin layer of tim, i think this method works better, as the tim spreads evenly, and you can control how much you want to spread.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Common surgical spirit also works. Atleast worked for me.
Common surgical spirit = Rubbing alcohol = Isopropyl alcohol.

alrighty.

i got a "coolermaster" tim for 100 bucks from smc intl in nehru place.

it came with a plastic stencil and a card spreader.

i put some tim on one edge of stencil and gently moved the card over it, it gave a thin layer of tim, i think this method works better, as the tim spreads evenly, and you can control how much you want to spread.
If you have a CPU cooler with a flat base, then this method doesn't work better. There is no point in "controlling" how you want to spread with flat base coolers.

Just put a pea sized dot on the processor and stack the cooler on it. It will spread evenly in all directors and will be a thin layer. :) That stencil is useless.

But if you have coolers with non flat base like CM TX3 or Hyper 212+, then you might want to mess around with stencil and TIM.

Top Bottom