Help Me To Choose A Configuration

Jerin

Journeyman
Hi

Guys I need your help . I want a new PC .I want to use it for 4-5 years. Please tell me some good configuration for budget of around 25000 for CPU +HDD+Memory+MB+Cabinet+Dvd Writer + Keyboard/Mouse.

I don't need a monitor.

Also please tell me for which processor should I go ? AMD or Intel ? I heard AMD have problems after 2-3 years ?

So please suggest me some good configurations.

1. What is the purpose of the computer?

A: I want to use it for internet browsing, programming -Java and Visual Studio, Photoshop , and watch movies in HD.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yup

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 25k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1 TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.

A: Max Supported by Monitor

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 9

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

A: Yes I have,but let my local shop do it for now

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within a two weeks

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yup, won't be looking forward to change anything next 4-5 years.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor but do mention the cheapest option for playing HD movies.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

A: Cochin, India. Not from else where.

Thank You.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
Sir

I want to use it for internet browsing, programming -Java and Visual Studio, Photoshop , and watch movies in HD.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 10.5k
wait for others with a compatible mobo @6k
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 1.75k
corsair or Gskill 2GB @ 1.2-1.5k
NZXT gamma @2k
FSP saga 520W(PSU) @ 2.5k
DVD+RW @ 1k(maybe less)
keyboar + mouse kit @500-600 (logitech)

Total 25k
your budget is too low if you want a system that runs well for 4-5 years...
But the above mentioned proccy will be sufficient:Fingerx: for that kind of work..
and you can go for a HDD and RAM upgrade later..

Cilus

laborare est orare
For the Motherboard You can go for ECS 885GM A2 motherboard. It is very much suitable for AMD 6 core processors, have nice Overclocking potential, 5 SATA 3 6 Gbps, 2 PCI Express X16 slots, 2 PCI Express X1 and 2 PCI slots.
It is also having very good layout and comes with full ATX form factor. This is available @ 4.2K in techshop.in, price is only 4.2K. You can find a detail review over here. It is also having HD 4250 onboard Graphics with 128 MB of sideport DDR3 1333 MHz memory.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
For the Motherboard You can go for ECS 885GM A2 motherboard. It is very much suitable for AMD 6 core processors, have nice Overclocking potential, 5 SATA 3 6 Gbps, 2 PCI Express X16 slots, 2 PCI Express X1 and 2 PCI slots.
It is also having very good layout and comes with full ATX form factor. This is available @ 4.2K in techshop.in, price is only 4.2K. You can find a detail review over here. It is also having HD 4250 onboard Graphics with 128 MB of sideport DDR3 1333 MHz memory.

WHAT??? all these features including HD4250 at 4.2k??..That's CHEAP

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 9.3k
ASUS M4A87TD-EVO @ 6.4k [USB 3.0, SATA3 6gbps]
2*2GB Gskill/Corsair XMS3/Kingston 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM @ 2.7k
1TB Seagate 7200.12 Hard Disk @ 2.7k
Seasonic S12II 430w PSU @ 3.3k [Avoid Cooler Master PSUs]
Cooler Master Elite 315 cabinet @ 1.5k or NZXT Gamma @ 2k
LG DVD Writer 0.9k
Logitech Keyboard + mice @ 0.5k

No graphic card suggested because you haven't asked for it.

I heard AMD have problems after 2-3 years ?
Mine still working since 11 years now.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 9.3k
ASUS M4A87TD-EVO @ 6.4k [USB 3.0, SATA3 6gbps]
2*2GB Gskill/Corsair XMS3/Kingston 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM @ 2.7k
1TB Seagate 7200.12 Hard Disk @ 2.7k
Seasonic S12II 430w PSU @ 3.3k [Avoid Cooler Master PSUs]
Cooler Master Elite 315 cabinet @ 1.5k or NZXT Gamma @ 2k
LG DVD Writer 0.9k
Logitech Keyboard + mice @ 0.5k

No graphic card suggested because you haven't asked for it.

Mine still working since 11 years now.

Thanks a lot for your help, I want an onboard graphics which is powerful enough to handle HD playback.

Nice to hear that you are still using it after 11 years, but please tell me if there is any additional cooling required.

but he'll need a graphics card after all. that board based on 870X chipset = no IGP.

Yeah it will be a problem, as I need an IGP

ssb1551

Technomancer
You can always go for Cilus's suggestion.Also MSI 880GMA-E45 & Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H are among other options.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all current AMD solution from 8-series chipsets will handle HD playback flawlessly. pick the one suggested by Cilus (if you willing buy online).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
but he'll need a graphics card after all. that board based on 870X chipset = no IGP.
I thought the OP has a discrete graphic card already. My mistake then.

Asus M4A88TD-EVO @ 7.4k - *www.theitwares.com/asus-m4a88tdv-evousb3-880g-hdmi-sata-6gbs-motherboard-p-895.html

@OP
This might have gone slightly over your budget but worth it imho.

but please tell me if there is any additional cooling required.
Not required.

Last edited:
J

Joker

is ECS motherboards good? that review looks good but i wont suggest it...u will be better off with gigabyte & asus in the long run.

OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
But let me ask you guys one thing :

Is there some cabinet which accompanies Power Supply and which is a bit more economical.

Any advantages for using these expensive cabinets?

Also guys please tell me your opinion about Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 and Asrock motherboards. How is its service ?

Well is it possible to connect Sata 2 hard-drive in these motherboards based on 890 GX and those support Sata 3 as main?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i will suggest you to wait for i5 2600 or 2500 in india. combine it with H67 based motherboard.

expensive cabbies offer better airflow and ventilation, cable management, better interiors aand working components, come with many fans, looks :-D etc.

see this, even i3 2100 equals phenom x6 1100t in photoshop test..lol
The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Last edited:
OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
i will suggest you to wait for i5 2600 or 2500 in india. combine it with H67 based motherboard.

expensive cabbies offer better airflow and ventilation, cable management, better interiors aand working components, come with many fans, looks :-D etc.

see this, even i3 2100 equals phenom x6 1100t in photoshop test..lol
The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

But Intel based MB`s doesn't provide good on board graphics ? Can you please suggest me a way by which I can go for an Intel based PC with good graphics capability? Because I have been using Intel for years and I have a lot of trust in it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Joker, ECS availability is less in India but that cannot imply that their boards are not good. They have some world class mobo for AMD from normal users to high end Oc friendly ones. Check the review of ECS 890GXM A motherboard.

The motherboard I've suggested offers best performance/price ratio and I'm planning to get one. I also have done extensive research regarding the ECS mobos as it is gonna be my 1st too.
Till now I'm only using Gigabyte mobos and they are also rock solid.

Top Bottom