Help Me To Choose A Configuration

OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
^ Jas , I have already seen those reports, but I think the clear picture of performance will arise only after different reviews come up.

Gigabyte is planning to launch over 50 boards for LGA 1155.So lets wait and watch :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Taking oc out of the picture in h67 mobo's, intel motherboards are highly recommended for their lower power consumptions of the pch and overall board.

Quality wise intel mobos are very good and on par with asus and giga.

OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
Jas paji I have read reviews from almost all of them, but I am waiting for the reviews from people at digit,chip etc. I think in one site there are about 15 LGA 1155 MB's reviewed , but they didn't favor any board completely. It was like giving a preview.

So far only a few sites have come up with in depth reviews.

I agree with Vickyji completely because for the past 11 years I have been using different Intel Motherboards and it is a good value for money. But I hope they start their service centers in large number of cities like in the case of ASUS.

OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
Guys, I am now in a position to buy a new pc asz Sandy Bridge is out and hopefully the B3 stepping is implemented.

So please suggest to me new configurations for Sandy Bridge.The budget can be upto 30k max.

Also should I wait for the Z68 chipsets?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Z68 mobo +sandybridge cpu will be too much for a 30k budget if you also plan to fit in a gpu as well.

You should go with intel DH61WW @ 3.5K. Pair it with core i5 2400 @ 9.5k and you are good to go.

Add a single 4gb stick from corsair or gskill @ 2.4k and a 1tb hdd will be 2.5k.

Let us know your gpu budget. Accordingly, we will suggest the psu.

OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
Vickyji,

I am planning to use on die GPU of Sandy Bridge. I heard it is good enough. Maybe I will go for a Graphics card in the range of 5000.

Is it better to have a discrete card + 2400 or on die gpu with 2600 processor? What's your opinion on that front?

saswat23

Human Spambot
You must know that i5-2400, i5-2500 and i7-2600 have the same HD2000 graphics.
Only k porccys i.e i5-2500k and i7-2600k have HD3000 which is better than the former.
But the graphics in these proccys is not enough for med-high end games.

For config suggestion plz fill up the ques. Template.

Still giving a config suggestion from my side :
* CPU: i5-2400 -- 9.5k
* MoBo: Intel DH67BL -- 5.5k
* RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 -- 2.2k
* HDD: WDC Blue 500GB -- 1.7k
* OD: Samsung 22x DVD RW -- 0.9k
* PSU: Tacens Supero 600W -- 3.5k
* CASE: CM Elite 430 -- 2.5k
* Desket: Logitech KB Combo -- 0.6k
* UPS: Numeric 800Va -- 2.6k
Total ---- 29k

Cilus

laborare est orare
saswat23, good suggestion buddy. It looks like the Tacen PSU is already a hit here and u guys has started referring it. Will post some pics of that PSU once my friend comes back to BBSR.

saswat23

Human Spambot
I dont know if its a hit.
I suggested it coz i came to know that it was the best around 3k margin, even beating the Corsair VX-450.

OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
^ I asked it because I live in Kerala and this region is having moderate climate with rain showers all around the year (almost ).

Has the B3 stepped version of the MB's reached the market ?

I am planning to use on die GPU of Sandy Bridge. I heard it is good enough. Maybe I will go for a Graphics card in the range of 5000.

Is it better to have a discrete card + 2400 or on die gpu with 2600 processor? What's your opinion on that front?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@op,

Just check it...Video is not clear though since that guy recorded through cam...

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 on Intel HD Graphics 2000

OP
J

Jerin

Journeyman
Guys I have one doubt : How many watts of power does a core i5 2500 based PC require without a graphics card. Some people out here are saying 600 W ,please clarify it.

Top Bottom