help me in buying an inverter

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I've APC 800VA Pure Sine Wave Inverter along with a 180Ah AMCO Tubular Battery. With 4 tubelight , 1 TV, 2 Fan, 1 PC average consuming 110W ( normal use ), it lasts upto 6-7 hrs. I'd suggest you get a same setup, but with 3 fans the backup should last 3-4 hrs.

Cost of APC 800VA SineWave Inverter - > 5.5-6k
Battery 180Ah might cost you anywhere between 14k-16k

Hope this helps.

I've APC 800VA Pure Sine Wave Inverter along with a 180Ah AMCO Tubular Battery. With 4 tubelight , 1 TV, 2 Fan, 1 PC average consuming 110W ( normal use ), it lasts upto 6-7 hrs. I'd suggest you get a same setup, but with 3 fans the backup should last 3-4 hrs.

Cost of APC 800VA SineWave Inverter - > 5.5-6k
Battery 180Ah might cost you anywhere between 14k-16k

Hope this helps.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
Yeah
It is helpful

I have decided to buy 850 VA inverter with 150 or 180 Ah tubular battery

But I don't know, why APC inverters are costly among Luminous,Microtek,Amaron and Sukam

nandu26

In the zone
Yes, of course not. I also used my PC with CRT.

Yes, but the load should be in limit.

Sujay - I understood that I can connect CRT TV but without my existing voltage stabilizer.

Yeah
It is helpful

I have decided to buy 850 VA inverter with 150 or 180 Ah tubular battery

But I don't know, why APC inverters are costly among Luminous,Microtek,Amaron and Sukam

Because of quality. APC UPS/Inverters are sturdy with less complaints.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
can we use 1400 VA inverter with one 150 AH battery
I believe things are quite settled now, but, just wanted to add some points.
1. In most cases, you won't be able to use 1400 VA inverter with one battery. It simply isn't possible as the 1400 VA inverters, by design, use the batteries in series in 24V configuration, which, will it be possible with a single battery of 12 volt.

2. With an 850 VA inverter, you'll need to check the load your inverter will be put through. The more the load, the lesser the power backup time.

BTW, how much are you being quoted for a 1400 VA setup with two batteries?

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
Now detail of inveter in market
-----------------------------------------------
Microtek inveter (900VA) = rs 4400
Exide battery (150 Ah) =rs 10800
Total = rs 15200

Extra charges

1)transportation = Not known yet (they will book auto)
2)Installation charges
a)Labour = rs 450
b)material= rs 800 -1000

Are these rates good ??

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
material? What material?
I was quoted Rs. 21.5K for a 1500VA with either Luminous or Microtek UPS with 2X135 AH batteries, incl. Rs. 900 for the trolley and Rs. 500 installation/wiring for 1 floor.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
They said that "As you don't have inverter connection,so it requires wires,other material etc for connection(800-1000) plus 450 labour"

material? What material?
I was quoted Rs. 21.5K for a 1500VA with either Luminous or Microtek UPS with 2X135 AH batteries, incl. Rs. 900 for the trolley and Rs. 500 installation/wiring for 1 floor.

Is Rs. 21.5K include 1500VA inverter and two 135Ah battery??
Then what is price of (a)1500VA inverter (b) 135 Ah battery

Rs. 500 installation/wiring for 1 floor.
Is it include wiring plus labour ??

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Yes! I was quoted Rs. 21.5K by the dealer himself (without negotiations) for 1500VA inverter and 2x135 AH batteries.
The breakup was like this:
5.8K for the 1500VA inverter (Luminous/Microtek)
~7.1K each for the batteries (135AH).
.9K for the inverter trolley.
.5K for labour/installation costs. (The costs of wires etc. was to be borne by me).
This was about a month back. And yes, I was quoted Rs. 500 for wiring for 1 floor (point to point wiring-in the shopkeeper's terms), so, I believe, it was including labour.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
Yes! I was quoted Rs. 21.5K by the dealer himself (without negotiations) for 1500VA inverter and 2x135 AH batteries.
The breakup was like this:
5.8K for the 1500VA inverter (Luminous/Microtek)
~7.1K each for the batteries (135AH).
.9K for the inverter trolley.
.5K for labour/installation costs. (The costs of wires etc. was to be borne by me).
This was about a month back. And yes, I was quoted Rs. 500 for wiring for 1 floor (point to point wiring-in the shopkeeper's terms), so, I believe, it was including labour.

Thanks

I think, its price of pure sine inverter

No doubt, electronic goods are cheaper in Delhi as compare to Dehradun

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
What is the backup time of your inverter ?? (I know power cuts are common in New Delhi )

Also how many fans,tubelight, etc, you use during powercut ??

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
What is the backup time of your inverter ?? (I know power cuts are common in New Delhi )

Also how many fans,tubelight, etc, you use during powercut ??
Sorry mate. Sorry to disappoint you, but, I didn't buy one. I had planned a hybrid setup, and wanted to get an idea of what I needed to spend apart from the usual amount, I intended to spend on the solar panels. Inverter and the batteries were needed to convert the DC into AC and store the power generated from the solar panels. I checked out some hybrid Solar inverters also, but, they were too expensive for the hardware I was getting. None of the inverter guys had any satisfactory answers to my queries, nor, any did they have any idea about some important things, I needed, leave alone having the things. for example, Deep Cycle Batteries.
I've postponed the buying for some time now, but, possibly, will get the things by next summers.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
I want to buy inverter mainly to run PC for 6 hours (during power cut)

Is Microtek inveter (900VA) with Exide battery (150 Ah) sufficient for such purpose ??
(If I will run only PC during power cut)

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I suggest keep following in mind-

*Buy Sine wave inverter only if you are using PC on it as its sensitive load
and avoid noise in fans.

*(VA rating * 0.8 ) will approximately give you total watt of load you can connect.
Calculate yourself and choose to avoid overload.

*Ah of battery will determine your backup.The more better.Exide is good.

*Never connect Mixi,Heater,Iron box to inverter.

*Get the wiring done properly.Also depending on load choose the inverter wire as thick as possible.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
Thanks a lot
Its really helpful
----------------------------------------------------
1)Microtek inveter (900VA) is sine inverter
2)I will calculate it
*img13.imageshack.us/img13/940/11004871.png

Is it helpful in calculation of power ??

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I suggest keep following in mind-

*Buy Sine wave inverter only if you are using PC on it as its sensitive load
and avoid noise in fans.

*(VA rating * 0.8 ) will approximately give you total watt of load you can connect.
Calculate yourself and choose to avoid overload.

*Ah of battery will determine your backup.The more better.Exide is good.

*Never connect Mixi,Heater,Iron box to inverter.

*Get the wiring done properly.Also depending on load choose the inverter wire as thick as possible.

I can use my Philips mixi on 875va luminous square wave with 150ah battery semi tubular

Thick wire is not needed. 1, 1.5, or 2 square wires are enough for houses

Use tv with a sine wave inverter only.
My Sony bravia refuses to power up with my inverter

Luminous, exide, sukam, powerZen, amaron etc are way better IMO
I have really bad experience with microtek products, they use inferior quality components

Last edited:
OP
rst

rst

Youngling
I can use my Philips mixi on 875va luminous square wave with 150ah battery semi tubular

Thick wire is not needed. 1, 1.5, or 2 square wires are enough for houses

Use tv with a sine wave inverter only.
My Sony bravia refuses to power up with my inverter

Luminous, exide, sukam, powerZen, amaron etc are way better IMO
I have really bad experience with microtek products, they use inferior quality components

I also heard such things.
But every dealer prefers microtek products.
They said that "it is the only inverter with inbuilt bypass switch "
*img543.imageshack.us/img543/2098/microtech.jpg

Last edited:

nandu26

In the zone
Microtek never replies to emails. but they do attend phone calls and has wide service network. my inverter got damaged somehow and it was rectified within 5 days. they replaced circuit board with a new one.