[HELP] confused with budget from 17k to 27k

red dragon

Master troll
Most ebay sellers give 2 transparent scratch guard for both the screen and the back.
Buy a bumper case for Rs.150-200.Your phone is safe.

DO NOT EVER apply a hard snap on case on 4/4s...it will scratch the back,sides for sure.
Do not spend on those overpriced Capdase/Casemate cases.
What do you mean by normal charger?
It comes with a usb cable and a two pin plug(which attaches to the cable)
Just buy a converter which makes it a Indian 2 pin plug(max.cost about 50 bucks)
BTW,why you guys are apprehensive of Palika Bazar?
Just make sure the seal is intact,take along your laptop with itunes installed.
The first time you connect your phone to itunes,itunes will say something like...congrats!your iphone is unlocked.
Basically thats it!
I guess most of us here will be able to distinguish a fake one simply looking at the pack or holding the phone for 5 seconds.
Only the factory unlocked thing can be confusing,but once you connect to the itunes,it will tell you for sure.
Sometimes even in a FU phone,Indian SIM does not work straight away,you may need to manually search for the network of your provider(Strangely all the white iphones I have seen,had this problem)
But once you find your network,automatic search will work(even for other provider SIMs)

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
In Palika Bazar they don't only sell fake iphones, they will hand over you refurbished or some defective piece.
I just wanna stay away from Pallika Bazar.

coolest111

Journeyman
@aroraanant
Yup refurbished is a prob

itz easy 2 say get it frm palika but not practical wen lot of risk is involved....n takin laptop n use in that chaos is hard...probab if itz fake they wont let u check via laptop

red dragon

Master troll
I have never been to Palika,did not know it was that bad.
BTW getting hold of refurb iphone even in US is pretty difficult now.

red dragon

Master troll
^ congrats! :D

from where did u buy it? and for how much?

please post some pics if u can :)

Actually bought almost 2 weeks ago.
Locally for 32k.
Will try to put up few snaps of the entire Mac and iOS family once I get back home after another long ourdoor.

red dragon

Master troll
^^congo mate.. in a dilemma again.. 4s or 5??

5 is not going to come soon,if you have no issues with 3.5 inch screen,go ahead and buy it!
Trust me,it is just wonderful!Never stutters even for a second,stable as a rock and most importantly after a very very long time I am not looking at the battery meter after every call,txt,mail.
Battery life in 5.1.1 is just fantastic(if you end up buying a 4s,just drop a pm if the battery is not behaving nicely)
My GS2 was a joke compared to this beauty!

aroraanant

Explorer
Red Dragon- You are the guy who has the maximum Apple products on TDF.And I guess you are planning to buy iMAc soon(or have already bought one).
Man you have almost every apple product.
And even I would say one thing after using apple products-"inki baat hi kuch aur hoti hai", one gets a different feeling after using them, and after using them no one likes any other device.

coolest111

Journeyman
@aroraanant
Ya sure let me kno if can get me a good deal 4 iphone 4s...

@red dragon
Yup..iphone 5 wont b soon atleast a year for india...(if it is launched in sep-oct dis year)

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
^^^^thanks guys.. i love the iPhone 4s..
@aroraanant- dont forget me.. i have a 3gs, a 4, a 4s, 2 iPod 3g's and a macbook pro at my home... B):D:D:D

red dragon

Master troll
The best thing I find in iO.S is the almost absolute idiot proof nature of the o.s.
I have spent 4/5 years with Android and still not fully comfortable with it(specially those efs and voltage control scripts)
Spent hours @xda discussing kernel development with geniuses like Leomar and gokhan via thousands of pm.
Even with available source codes from Samsung,these guys are also clueless after certain point,still people have a notion that Android is easy!(may be it is easy to just flash a kernel or ROM or a initd script,but that has absolutely got nothing to do with the complexity of Android)
Apple has not or never will give us the source codes,but the absolutely awesome dev teams have managed to RE the entire damn thing so nicely with each JB that even a non technical person like me can see what is actually happening to your device once jailbroken.
Now back to the topic,
@op,if you can find a friend or relative stayin at kolkata,I think I will be able to arrange a sealed FU 4s,16GB for 34k.

coolest111

Journeyman
no 1 on kolkata side...:(
Mostly in Delhi/NCR the one i can trust wid my money n iphone :p

i was gettin a deal in nehru place of 35.5k a while back but they wont let me verify the product

dont want a UAE edition coz that iphone dont hve facetime(i often use facetime).....

aroraanant

Explorer
Give me some time, I will see if I can get a better deal for you.
But if I will find something for you, it will be located in Aligarh, will you be able to pick it from there? Or I have to courier it to you?

Top Bottom