[HELP] confused with budget from 17k to 27k

ritvij

rated R
guys i have a bb curve 9300 and an iPhone 3gs 32 GB.. a friend of mine is offering me 9.5k for bb and 18k for iPhone.. shall i sell them? if yes, then i plan to purchase a new smartphone.
i am confused between the plethora of android devices. now i ain't an android fanboy, but the galaxy nexus caught my eye.. its retailing on ebay for 25-26k with sellers warranty.
also can i get an iPhone from us under 27k.. :p (i can unlock it as in my city a dealer sells gevey sim..)
how is the galaxy nexus? i love iOS devices but i don't get the point of buying them at ridiculous prices in india.

aroraanant

Explorer
Re: [HELP] confused with budget form 17k to 27k

The price you are getting for your phones are pretty good.
And the Nexus which is available on ebay is not with manufacturer warranty and I think there are better options available than that.
For under 17k One V is a very good option and even Neo V can be considered in that budget.You can even have a look at Sensation for 22k
But as you don't have any problem with the budget I suggest you to get Galaxy Note for ~29.5k or can increase your budget a lil more and can get the beast i.e. One X for 33-34k

And iphone 4S 16GB factory unlocked will cost you around 35k as Dollar is at its peak these days i.e. around 55Rs and iphone 4 16GB will cost you around 25-27k

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

will sensation see me through for the next 4 years? i know it sounds pretty far fetched.. but can i expect it to last for 3-4 years.. actually budget matters because my dad will only give 10k for a new phone.. rest i have to manage by selling the others off and the iphone belongs to my bro..:( stil i can spend max 26k
regarding note.. i detest its size..
nexus prime<< note??
m going for android only because of price! :(:(

aroraanant

Explorer

Sensation will be very good for 2-2.5yrs can't say how further it will work good as that depends on how you use and maintain it.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

i was thinking for sensation xe... i treat my phone nicely if that's what you mean!..:p:p
how will sensation xe fare against nexus prime?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

XE is old. but main problem with HTC is their battery. Sensation as a whole (build + performance) will make it till 2015. but the battery will go down in a year or so. The backup is already bad. Think what will happen after a year or so. If HTC sell extended battery then you can safely buy. This is the same problem i faced with my Motorola ROKR E6. now its a working mobile with dead battery :(

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

htc does sell extra batteries.. i loved the design and feel of XE.. any other options?

aroraanant

Explorer

XE is old. but main problem with HTC is their battery. Sensation as a whole (build + performance) will make it till 2015. but the battery will go down in a year or so. The backup is already bad. Think what will happen after a year or so. If HTC sell extended battery then you can safely buy. This is the same problem i faced with my Motorola ROKR E6. now its a working mobile with dead battery :(

SAM you own a E6, man I loved that phone(but its a story of long time back), I bought it around 5 years back but later was stolen around 1-1.5yrs and I really missed it. I never had issues with the battery while I using it but performance of every electronic gadget decreases with time and we all know that.
And every company do sell extra batteries bro.
And about battery issue of Sensation I would like to say
yes,there have been issues with battery but you can neglect that it has got a 4.3" screen and a dual core processor which consumes a lot of battery so that is the reason. But it lasts for around a day easily, and also remember one thing you can't get everything in everything.

i was thinking for sensation xe... i treat my phone nicely if that's what you mean!..:p:p
how will sensation xe fare against nexus prime?

XE is an amazing phone but it costs around 31k, in that budget its better you go for One X which costs around 33-34k which is the best phone in the market right now.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

^^ i was getting xe for 28000 on ebay with manufacturer's warranty. one x is costing 32k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

SAM you own a E6, man I loved that phone(but its a story of long time back), I bought it around 5 years back but later was stolen around 1-1.5yrs and I really missed it. I never had issues with the battery while I using it but performance of every electronic gadget decreases with time and we all know that.

i used it as a modem a bit too much. killed the battery that way :oops:
it was my first smartphone and did everything inc testing custom rom, overclocking, etc. now battery is dead and screen is a bit too messed up and doesn't respond well. so can't use it.

^^ i was getting xe for 28000 on ebay with manufacturer's warranty. one x is costing 32k.

wait for S3 to be available. One X should get its price lowered further. But looking at the specs + features of One X, 32k is fair pricing but just wait. There should be a pricecut soon.

aroraanant

Explorer

Considering that the difference in both the phones is 4k, I recommend you to get One X, it is much better than XE

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

hmm.. no chance of iPhone in this budget?? i can wait max till 10th june!

sorry guys but one x retailing for 36k with warranty.. 32k with seller's warranty! geting the xe ain't a bad option, right??

papul1993

not a newbie.....
No removable battery and I think no microSD card slot in the One X. The screen and Sense is good though.

aroraanant

Explorer

One X is an awesome device bro, get it.I am sure you won't regret.
Don't think of anything else other than that.
Rest its upto you now.
One don't need to expand the memory as it already has 32GB.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

i really want an iPhone.. does the one x have the iOS kinda apps?
one x is too costly..
shall i buy the iPhone 4?
i am homing in on the XE! .
what's the best price i can get for the one x?

aroraanant

Explorer

Listen there nothing which beats One X in the market, and its much better than XE.
You can get it around 33-34k easily.
iphone has got a small screen also as compared to One X.
And yes One X has better or can same kind of apps as iphone

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

guess i have to save up a few bucks then! what about its black market prices?

aroraanant

Explorer

Black market!!!
I think you mean grey market....
Well I think it must be around 3-5k cheaper

Top Bottom