[HELP] confused with budget from 17k to 27k

randomuser111

Technomancer
Re: [HELP] confused with budget form 17k to 27k

@aroraanant

If you doubt, go check out HTC One X forum on XDA :p. Your doubts shall be cleared

@ritvij

Galaxy S3 (You can get it for 35k)
Galaxy Note
Galaxy S2
Used Iphone 4s
Sony Xperia S

Last edited:
OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

tried the s3 last night at a retailer.. loved the screen and the new lock mechanism... but looks god darn ugly...
note is too big for my liking..
will check out the s2 today.. ditto for xperia s
4s.. i love it.. just the screen is a tad smaller..

aroraanant

Explorer

If you found that S3 screen was amazing then what would you say for One X screen as One X screen is superior than S3.
Xperia S is also good.I think you can get it for around 28k after bargaining.
And as we know the next generation iphone will be there in a 2-3 months so 4S prices will decrease, and if you are comfortable with all the cons of iOS then get it.

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman

I would recommend you to get 4S .......
I am using iPhone 4 16GB Model for the past 8 Months , I never faced a single issue....

My brother is using Samsung Galaxy R & honestly speaking after using an iOS other OS phones sux......

as you have used iOS previously I would recommend to go 4S...... Android fones are a big waste.....horrible battery backup ...

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

I would recommend you to get 4S .......
I am using iPhone 4 16GB Model for the past 8 Months , I never faced a single issue....

My brother is using Samsung Galaxy R & honestly speaking after using an iOS other OS phones sux......

as you have used iOS previously I would recommend to go 4S...... Android fones are a big waste.....horrible battery backup ...

+1 buddy.. my 3gs has been in use since it was launched.. never had even to go the service center.. more than 3 years and still works like a charm...
but a bad news.. that guy backed off.. he aint selling it anymore....:(:(:(

now confused between one x and sgs3...:(
no retailer wants to open and show the phones.. dont have croma types in my city!!
any one x user here?

D3LeT3

Broken In

Why dont u wait for htc one S ??
only con is 16gb intact memory . If u can live with tht it is the best fone in dual core stable rt now.

The HTC One S that will be launched in India is the inferior version with the S3 processor overclocked to 1.7Ghz along with the Adreno 220 GPU instead of the advanced and more power efficient Krait S4 processor with Adreno 225 GPU. The processor is the same as on the Sensation XE and has been overclocked by 200 MHz.The Sensation already has pathetic battery life. In the One S: Overclocking + Fixed battery translates to pathetic expected battery life and definite heating.
Not to mention that the main reason to buy an Android , rooting and installing a custom ROM will be difficult to do considering the rest of the world will be on different hardware as compared to South East Asia. This will severely limit the number of ROMs that will be available to interested 'rooters'.
HTC say that this hardware change is due to shortage in S4 processors and just like in 2010 they launched LCD versions of devices and priced them at international prices they're taking the third world countries with their tactics.
They haven't even issued a statement advising people of the differences in hardware while selling them in their home turf, Taiwan.Their website just reads 1.7Ghz Dual Core processor. These tactics are very unbecoming of a trusted brand like HTC.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

guys buying the one x.. my dad cancelled that.. he said buy a laptop in that price..:p:p
now it gets typical.. is sensation xe really bad?

randomuser111

Technomancer

^
Sensation XE isn't good. Samsung Galaxy S2 @26k or Sony Xperia S @27.5k are much better

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

xperia s.. a dealer quoted me 31k...:O:O
regarding s2.. i900 ain't availible anymore..:(
whats wrong with sensation xe?

randomuser111

Technomancer

^
Are you okay with buying online ? You can get Xperia S for 27.5k from buytheprice.

Sensation XE has poor performance, bad screen and average camera. Even phones like Sola have better screen than XE.

Also i9100 IS available.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

i live in gorakhpur.. goods priced above 29k can't be shipped into my state without sales forms and all..:(:(
xe's reviews are good at cnet and trusted reviews...:/

randomuser111

Technomancer

^
Well you could go for it man but compared to Galaxy S2 and Xperia S, its just not a good phone. Very poor optimization on that phone and just 768mb RAM.
Also Xperia S is 27.5k @buytheprice. Just try ordering. Use coupon ICICI and pay with ICICI debit/credit/bank account.

Or else try Ngpay. Its 27900 there.

Last edited:
OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

he gave final price.. 31k.. will try to find s2 i900 version here...:(
BTW, sensation's review:
HTC Sensation XE review: Verdict | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Mobile phones

randomuser111

Technomancer

^
Well buddy if you go around looking for a good deal I'm sure you can get the Xperia S for 28-29k even in Gorakhpur.
Sure :) Look for the i9100 as well.

And I have read that review, and I'm saying it again - you can buy it if you like it. But IMO its just a waste of money at that price.

EDIT: I read you wrote you are getting Sensation XE for 28k. Well both S2 and Xperia S are cheaper than that. Xperia S is 27600/27900. And Galaxy S2 is 25.5-26k

Last edited:
OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

s2 i9100 is for 26.5k here.. no sensation xe available here.. :(
one x for 34500/-

Top Bottom