Headphones V/s Earphone

Which one you prefer?

• Total voters

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Yesterday when i was listening songs on a Nokia Headset.. i realized and asked a question to myself why people buy Headphone when in-ear earphones are present.. they are nt heavy, they provide very good noise isolation and cost is also comparatively low.. then why Headphones??

Whats your preference friends?? and why??

IMO , There is nothing to debate about . A headphone will be better for a movie on a laptop or a series of movies and a earphone will be better for listening to music on the go.

Both have there uses and both have there importance IMO.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
IMO headphone hurt more.. as they much more heavier than earphones.. you cant even move your head freely..
I was only talking about my exprience. Headphone are uncomfortable and difficult to wear in summers(Not all are heavy). But earphones give me a severe headache so I don't use them.

doomgiver

Warframe
pulkitpopli, a request : add a separate category (iem) to the poll, so that we can be more specific in our answers

also, i agree HP > IEM, but you will have to give an arm and a leg for that kind of quality.

imho, if you want vfm, then iem's win hands down. some iem's give quality comparable to HP's 2-3 times their price.

nice poll, never thouht of it myself

Sarath

iDota
IEMs hurt after a while but I still use them as they have better isolation and sound better than similarly priced headphone. Speaking below 2k.
I use them at home and not during travel.

Headphones are more comfortable unless you have a very bad pair that doesn't fit well.

IMO pain due to the ill fitting headphones is much better than pain in the inner ear due to In Ear Monitors. Which is why I shifted to headphones and don't use IEMs with my PC. Just my opinion.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
IEMs are much more comfortable for longer listening. I can sleep with these on. Don't get all sweaty in summers and do not hurt outer ear.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I prefer headphones for movie at home and earphone for mobile and pmp's

I think its made for the same purpose :D

Sarath

iDota
IEMs are much more comfortable for longer listening. I can sleep with these on. Don't get all sweaty in summers and do not hurt outer ear.

Lol all the devices that churn music in my house bow down to your 12k RE headphones ;-)

Yeah IEMs good for sleeping with ;-) (again)
Especially the shure ones.

Going by Faun the good quality ones might be more comfortable for longer use.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A headphone will be better for a movie on a laptop or a series of movies and a earphone will be better for listening to music on the go.
Both have there uses and both have there importance IMO.

+1 to this quote from xtremevicky.
And also, I would like to add that, on BIG desktop computers, Earphones doesn't "suit", and similarly for small cell phones, BIG headphones would be a Overkill.

Also, since on the go, you want an accessory which is minimal, takes least amount of storage area, and that can be shared with friends. Hence, the Earphones.

One more point, listening to music, while laying on the bed (and trying to catch sleep, when it seems on the loose) is more comfortable with earphones, and NOT headphones!

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^ nice point i would say vineet
on BIG desktop computers, Earphones doesn't "suit", and similarly for small cell phones, BIG headphones would be a Overkill.

What kind of headphones you guyz prefer? Open or Closed Headphones?
For clarification - These are Close
*media.tested.com/uploads/0/1761/6175-headsetroundup_10_full_super.jpg

These are Open type
*media.tested.com/uploads/0/1761/6176-ath_ad700_middle.jpg

And in case of 'Earphones' In-Ear Monitors are always better and so preferred.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I like Closed headphones, since they seems to rest good on ears, and so are more comfortable.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
The diff b/w open and closed type is not in the headband. The diff is that closed ones have covered 'main hadphone' (the part that is over our ears) area so its is much better at noise isolation and has almost zero leaking. Open ones have holes in that area so they are a little airy, have a larger soundstage but are poorer on noise isolation and leak sound more.

Top Bottom