Has the Digit magazine lost its charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Journeyman
Re: Has Digit lost its charm?

the hardware reviews are very inconsistent. see the zero1 awards. they gave transcend tsonic 840 the award. i thought it was good for mid range player. in this month's review of mp3 players, they say it has sluggish performance and does not perform well, that too after i bought it. what are they playing at?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

hi do you click ads that appear just below navigation links....

Cheap! Is this a question to ask? Ads aren't always useless. If you like it, click it and use it. There is nothing wrong in this forum too implementing Ads. And many forums do the same. Didn't hear the news when digitalpoint earned $20,000 a month? They aren't running a charity show here.

Dumbledore

Journeyman

yeah, but most of us (with exceptions) ignore ads and only look at the main content. its okay at a forum or website, but in a book like digit (ads -> 28 out of 120 in march 2008 mag) which costs Rs.125, this is extremely unfair. i subscribed for 2 years but after that, if content does not improve, i swear i'm going to quit.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

The regular members of a forum are less likely to click on the ads.. this is a tried and tested fact.. the major chunk of the people who click on the ads are the visitors who are coming form search engines ;)

so in most of the well established forums you see less ads as a member but if you are a non-member the number of ads are more.

_

Dumbledore

Journeyman

Ads in Digit occupy upto 25-30 pages on average regardless of magazine size which is decreasing fast. They have been acquired by 9.9 media or something, and they have increased ads and decreased the pages and also increased the price. They give freeware in their cd and dvd and most content is just crap. All this reduces the value of the magazine and the net result is that I read the magazine for only about 2 hours on the day I get it and I have not touched the cd and dvd for about 2 years. To top it all, I have to lie to my father that it is VERY GOOD so that he doesn't scold me for wasting his money!!!! (I do feel guilty)

B

bigdaddy486

I don't like Linux For You.............
I have stopped buying(i would buy sometimes, once in 4 months and special issues)digit and now i am intrested in EFY and computer Active........

Renny

Padawan

I don't like Linux For You.............
I have stopped buying(i would buy sometimes, once in 4 months and special issues)digit and now i am intrested in EFY and computer Active........

Cud u tell me how this mag is, im thinkin of subscribing.

R

Raj jaiswal

nope i dont agree wid u. digit had never lost and will never lose its charm. its still the best mag which spreads light on the use of technology in about all fields. like- has ny other mag given glimpses on how OLPC work is being carried out? or how the farmers r being helped by tech? i dont think so. this mag has got everything. it covers everything differently. yes i agree wid some that digit fumbles from itz path sometimes, but, everytime getting an interesting story is very very tough.
i suggest u to take a look at some of the rivalry mags and then compare. i bet u will get my point. i got it too!!

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy

I dont even remember the last Digit that I bought.. It has been years..

nope i dont agree wid u. digit had never lost and will never lose its charm. its still the best mag which spreads light on the use of technology in about all fields. like- has ny other mag given glimpses on how OLPC work is being carried out? or how the farmers r being helped by tech? i dont think so. this mag has got everything. it covers everything differently. yes i agree wid some that digit fumbles from itz path sometimes, but, everytime getting an interesting story is very very tough.
i suggest u to take a look at some of the rivalry mags and then compare. i bet u will get my point. i got it too!!

You wont get a 1 year free subscription for that friend!

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

ajaybc

Youngling

I think he is the newest editor(Actually editor for this month because editors at digit quit/get fired monthly) for praising Digit as it is now.;):D

Dumbledore

Journeyman

I agree with you on the point that Digit gives info on technology from different angles. These articles, however do not interest everyone. But hardware and game reviews and articles on latest hardware stuff interest everyone (almost) who buy Digit. Unfortunately, Digit has lost its way there. Look at the NFS Pro Street review. It was damn short and .. and .... words fail me. I PAY MONEY FOR THAT DAMMIT!

vikasg03

Journeyman

me too agree that digit lost his charm. s/ws every bady downlaod from net now a days, even the awards/ best winners , means a product which is best according to digit is not actually. No body knows about that. I never read in digit that it give any award to world famous asus / LG cd/dvd rom/writer. always liteon or bent ...Other than few digit members nobody purchase those unknown company products

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid

you see Raj jaiswal is a new guy..hes just learning...for him digit in its current avatar is a titan....for some of us who have been reading it for 5+ yrs...we know what we mean..not a trillion Raj jaiswal can change that..

some simple things like page count and paper qlty itself will show digits inferiority....jasubhai..those ppl were with passion....thats why....

ajaybc

Youngling

I stick to my suggestion that Digit should atleast release a non DVD or CD version for atleast 50Rs less.Because u can get a broadband connection nowadays starting from Rs.125(which is the price of a digit) and download all these stuff(not the game demos bcoz they are too large)

ancientrites

In the zone

now there is no turning back for digit india to reduce its price since chip india have made it fix for 125/- from 100/-.This month issue was ok.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid

yea..this month was acceptable....

and @ajaybc......its absurd idea...never in near future will it happen...its not practical...for them....Digit is a magazine..period..enuff said

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

has anyone noticed the increase of ads in homepage.?

Before there were ads only regarding, jasubhai, digit, skoar and zdnet. but now others as well. affiliates :rolleyes:

has anyone noticed the increase of ads in homepage.?

Before there were ads only regarding, jasubhai, digit, skoar and zdnet. but now others as well. affiliates :rolleyes:
I have blocked the google ads links in adblock, in a very cunning way. The first part of the google ads address which is common to all its banner ad frames can be blocked to make google banner ads disappear completely from each and every page.

ThinkFree

Technomancer

I have blocked the google ads links in adblock, in a very cunning way. The first part of the google ads address which is common to all its banner ad frames can be blocked to make google banner ads disappear completely from each and every page.

The same works with all ads (like those by doubleclick )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom