Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
Very true about 8600GT... I guess the chipset in itself is plagued by over heating... Mine ran for ~3 years at 86°-92°C before it went kaput...! But it served in the performance department...

tkin

Back to school!!
stay away from Nokia 5800 or any other 5800 clones(just stay away from Symbian), my Nokia phone automatically formats the memory card when it detects memory corruption(which in turn is caused by the phone, specially by the media player, when calls come in), one moment you have 1000 songs, next moment you have 60, I had to listen to 60 songs over and over in hyderabad as most of my songs got deleted in the first day, will never ever buy a nokia phone.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Also stay away from any Zebronics products(except cabinets), like headphones(2 months) etc.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
stay away from Nokia 5800 or any other 5800 clones(just stay away from Symbian), my Nokia phone automatically formats the memory card when it detects memory corruption(which in turn is caused by the phone, specially by the media player, when calls come in), one moment you have 1000 songs, next moment you have 60, I had to listen to 60 songs over and over in hyderabad as most of my songs got deleted in the first day, will never ever buy a nokia phone.

Buddy..upgrade the firmware...its virus problem :grin:

tkin

Back to school!!
Buddy..upgrade the firmware...its virus problem :grin:
Done that dozens of times, its a "feature": nokia 5800 automatically formats memory card - Google Search

Symbian S60 cannot have any true virus's, the os does not let complete control unless the os is homebrewed, mines not.

d3p

PowerHouse
@tkin : Take a full phone memory backup & hand it over to Nokia Care. Ask them to update the firmware, generally such problems occurs when the firmware is not flashed properly & the same problem i have observed with my phone few years back.

Hope it helps you out.

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin : Take a full phone memory backup & hand it over to Nokia Care. Ask them to update the firmware, generally such problems occurs when the firmware is not flashed properly & the same problem i have observed with my phone few years back.

Hope it helps you out.
Will do, anyway will they charge for this?? My phone's out of warranty.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Now I understood why we should not buy XFX 8600GT - my comment : ****ing bad after sales service by rashi :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/133296-graphic-card-warranty-problem.html

But when my bro's XFX 8600gt xxx ed died after 2.8yrs i went to Rashi, they simply said they hav to check on that...

After 4 days i called them n they said replacement yet to come...
After a week they called me n asked to pick up th new card...
I thought they would be rude as i heard in forums, but they replaced in jus a week...
Didnt even ask for the bill...

Visible damage was a capacitor blown...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Don't know about other but personally I've never faced a single bug with AMD or even Nvidia drivers - each and every version has worked flawlessly so far and I don't know if that counts me as a fanboy for both campaign or not ;-)

while playing COD MW2 & Black Ops my driver gave problem. only these 2 games. maybe its a driver problem. it says Catalyst driver stopped responding. & sometimes PC restarts (MW2).

Now the question is what are you smoking? 5770 sells @ 6k, and you want a card twice as fast as that for 5k? Genius.

:lol:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sam I think the problems you faced in Call of Duty is problem on the part of the game.

Have read in many webpages that Black ops specially has serious issues of lag even in i7 pc's with nvidia card.

newway01

Journeyman
Let me add some of my hardware experience too:

Seagate Sata Hard Disks - Will take our data and run to Bahamas. I have 3 of them sitting on garage trash and 2 more inside my PC waiting to be kicked out. If you care for your data, then never ever buy a Seagate disk..period..

iphone series - overpriced and too much hype.

Odyssey and similar weight-less PSU's <-- TERMINATORS of our Rig. Atleast buy a CM starting series or Seasonic ones.

Photon+ Broadband Connection - Can u call it a Broadband???

XFX Nvidia 6200LE AGP Card - A toaster inside your PC!!! I think this model is not in sale anymore. However those who got it are trying to get rid of it on ebay and everywhere. Even if someone offer it for Free, never touch that card.

more stuffs running thru my mind...maybe later..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Seagate Sata Hard Disks - Will take our data and run to Bahamas. I have 3 of them sitting on garage trash and 2 more inside my PC waiting to be kicked out. If you care for your data, then never ever buy a Seagate disk..period..

:agreed: pathetic seagate

R2K

In the Zone
Let me add some of my hardware experience too:

iphone series - overpriced and too much hype.

Odyssey and similar weight-less PSU's <-- TERMINATORS of our Rig. Atleast buy a CM starting series or Seasonic ones.

XFX Nvidia 6200LE AGP Card - A toaster inside your PC!!! I think this model is not in sale anymore. However those who got it are trying to get rid of it on ebay and everywhere. Even if someone offer it for Free, never touch that card.

more stuffs running thru my mind...maybe later..

Is that true?...OMG i got one 450 watts odyssey PSU 2 days ago.....as there was no other brand available at that shop :evil:

yamanjain

Right off the assembly line
Stay away from Canon Laser MFPs. My experience : Canon Laser MFP (All In One) 4350. Mine went bad within 18 months of usage. I had paid around 16K while buying this device as I wanted one with an ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). The ADF is just there for namesake and its painfully slow. If you really have some bulk photocopying to do, you need to look at Rs. 50K+ devices instead.

Also this model in particular seems a very sloppy build. First, it started giving a "System Error - 225" and hanged completely but this was fixed by simply restarting the device. Then the frequency of this error started increasing. Google search told me that it could be fixed by a firmware upgrade from the official website, but this did not work. Imagine my surprise when on taking it to them, the service center people told me that the scanner lamp was gone and I need to pay 6K + labor charge to get it fixed.

I have 5 printers in my SOHO, all laser. All the others are Canon LBP 2900B and HP 1020s. These smaller devices have much higher workload (200 prints a day) on them and never went bad. This particular printer had about 15 prints and about 2 scans a day, and the scanner lamp was hardly used. Despite it being the most expensive and having the highest rated duty cycle, it was the 1st one to go bad.

Mind you, the whole device was working perfectly after a simple restart (how on earth was that possible with a bad scanner lamp). I even asked the Canon people that if the scanner lamp was bad then at least I should be able to use it as a printer, but apparently its not possible. It feels as if Canon has knowingly inserted this problem into this device which activates like a time bomb immediately after the warranty gets over (which is only 12 months), or maybe they failed to recall a very faulty set of devices with bad quality scanner lamps.

My advice and what I have done: Trash this MFP. Instead buy a brand new Canon 2900 LBP (very good model and saves you from the crappy Canon Scanner lamp) + HP deskjet 1050. (Rs. 6000 + Rs. 3100 = Rs. 9100).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
yamanjain said:
Stay away from Canon Laser MFPs.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience
newway01 said:

It is probably slowest broadband in India.
My cousins have this and the top speed they get when they download a file is 6 kbps.
Not reccomended to anyone. Strictly stay away.

LoBo

Broken In
Seagate 2.5" internal hard drives for Laptops... I just bought one yesterday... didnt come to life at all... exchanged it today, it's wakes up when it wants to, else i get a message 'no boot device found, Please insert a boot disk'....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom