B85-PLUS- Rs.7900/-
B85M-G- Rs.6600/-

Prices are MSRP from Asus India.

Last edited:

binnybhai

Right off the assembly line
Hey I need to replace my 10 yr old desktop

Pls suggest configuration

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

1. Photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop
2. Music and movies(HD 720p and 1080p, a movie size is about 8 GB to connect to my TV from computer and play without gettin.)
3. Net surfing and gaming(NFS)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25 and extend to +5k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No idea what this means

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Any pirated Windows OS(Please recommend) windows 8.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO, Got HD ready plasma TV 720p.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: a week time

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: my friend will do

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Coimbatore- will buy where ever it is cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
Should support my 5.1 sound systems, Should be able to play HD movie . Wireless mouse and keyboard.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Maybe not the right place but, I would be reviewing this. No prize for guessing how many case designs from other brands were used in this!

*i.imgur.com/cBoDJxB.png

Last edited:

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys what's the price of WD 2TB black? is there any other WD 2TB drive [except green] in market?

how's seagate barracuda 2TB drives?
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001) - Seagate: Flipkart.com

I have never owned a seagate drive since i never liked seagate and many people are reporting that seagate drives are DOA or dies within a few days.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
is the review up on your website ? or any hint on what cabinet is this ? ;-)

aaah I got this mail 2 weeks ago but I told them to put it on standby. Now, atleast a part of my workload is slightly reduced, so I could afford time enough to do this review.

What cabinet is this? Well, FROM THE MAKERS....err...RE-LABELLERS OF BIJLI 2 :-D. But by the rough looks of it, looks like zebby boys have given bit more thought. I seriously hope this is good considering the MRP tag raises my eyebrows at the very least.

I have never owned a seagate drive since i never liked seagate and many people are reporting that seagate drives are DOA or dies within a few days.
There are many people who reported DOA on WD as well. It depends more on the model/rev/firmware in certain cases. You need to see that, not just the brand name alone.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
There are many people who reported DOA on WD as well. It depends more on the model/rev/firmware in certain cases. You need to see that, not just the brand name alone.

I am talking about the hdd from that flipkart link i posted above.
Many people on the comment section have reported DOA / faulty disk. Thats why i am confused if i Should buy it or not

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
aaah I got this mail 2 weeks ago but I told them to put it on standby. Now, atleast a part of my workload is slightly reduced, so I could afford time enough to do this review.

What cabinet is this? Well, FROM THE MAKERS....err...RE-LABELLERS OF BIJLI 2 :-D. But by the rough looks of it, looks like zebby boys have given bit more thought. I seriously hope this is good considering the MRP tag raises my eyebrows at the very least.

thansk for the info.

hey guys what's the price of WD 2TB black? is there any other WD 2TB drive [except green] in market?

how's seagate barracuda 2TB drives?
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001) - Seagate: Flipkart.com

2TB Black costs ~10k

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
2TB Black costs ~10k

thanks, does it worth buying a 2years old used WD black for 7-7.5k?

or should i buy Seagate barracuda 2tb st2000dm001 and ignore the reports of buyers complaining DOA/faulty disk.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it absolutely worth it if the HDD is in physically good condition and has no bad sectors .. with 7k you still have 3 years warranty with good performance of Black HDD but before making the purchase just be sure about it's remaining warranty period using the s/n.

I would always prefer WD over segate. WD Cavier black HDDs are fast and have 5 years of warranty. But warranty cannot save your data if HDD is damanged because of some reason

Xai

Journeyman
Price checks for Roccat Kave, and Corsair Vengeance 1500, Steelseries Siberia V2 please.

MD is quoting ~ Rs 7000 for Kave. Did prices go up this high in 2-3 months? I remember Kave was 5K-ish.

This is Insane. Arctic Silver AS5 is insanely priced. 5 years ago I purchased this from Lamington road for 350 bucks and now its priced more than 1000 bucks in Ebay. WTF?

Top Bottom