Hardware price list/spec sheet

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks fir your suggestions guys. I think i should buy a new seagate barracuda ST2000DM001. Found a local shop selling it for 5.8k.
shopkeepr said it carries 1 year warranty, while flipkart shows 2years for the same? o_O what is the warranty period for ST2000DM001

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seagate has recently changed it's warranty policy silently ;-) and most of the seagate drives now have 2 years warranty .. now the local shop may have some old stock left but if it's a newer one then it should have 2 years .. if possible ask the local shop guy to show you the drive - now check the S/N of the drive at seagate's website to know about the actual warranty status.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Seagate has recently changed it's warranty policy silently ;-) and most of the seagate drives now have 2 years warranty .. now the local shop may have some old stock left but if it's a newer one then it should have 2 years .. if possible ask the local shop guy to show you the drive - now check the S/N of the drive at seagate's website to know about the actual warranty status.

so does it carry warranty from the date of manufacture?? for eg: a drive made in august 2012 carrying 2 years warranty will have only 1 year warranty left if i buy it on aug 2013? or it'll carry full 2 years even on aug 2013?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
congrats :) so what's the mfg date of the HDD and the warranty period [ showing on segate's website using the S/N ] ?

How much is the cost of Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD in indian market. Is it the right time to purchase SSD or will we see a significant declinet in the price of SSDs within month?

As such I don't have an immediate need for an SSD, but I recently purchased an HP Envy 15 touchsmart with 4th generation Core i7 and this 5400RPM mechanical HDD has caused a serious bottleneck to the performance.

d3p

PowerHouse
How much is the cost of Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD in indian market. Is it the right time to purchase SSD or will we see a significant declinet in the price of SSDs within month?

As such I don't have an immediate need for an SSD, but I recently purchased an HP Envy 15 touchsmart with 4th generation Core i7 and this 5400RPM mechanical HDD has caused a serious bottleneck to the performance.

SDD prices are stable since last year. If the Dollar conversion rate falls, then you might find the Prices of most of the components going cheap otherwise you know.

ankush28

Bazinga
ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 AMP! Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - ZOTAC: Flipkart.com

best deal on graphic card @ 9900 (+ 200cashback)

Top Bottom