Hardware price list/spec sheet

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can someone provide me a price quotation that I might get in indian market for this following config?

1) CPU: 4th Generation Intel Core i7 4770K - 23k
2) Mobo: ASUS Z87 Pro - ~16.5k
3) RAM: 16GB Dual Channel(2 X 8) Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 Mhz - 9.6k
4) SSD: 128GB Crucial M4 or Samsung 850 Pro - Crucial 8k and Samsung 9k
5) Case: Corsiar 650D/ Corsair 600R - 650D 10k
6) PSU: Corsair HX 820 - 11.3k / HX 750 9.5k
7) GPU: nVidia GTX 760 - Zotac 20.5k and Asus 24.5k

:(

Too bad. There was a time when top notch CPU happened to cost below 9K. I have to save few months salary to get such a rig and then I have to start saving money for a 30 inch display that I will get couple of months after getting this rig. Any possibility for prices to slash down?

rock2702

Padawan

Thanks for listing the prices of hardware.Where can I get the z87 pro for 16.5k? Please give a link of the product.

Also, how much will an i5 4670k cost?

Why are Corsair HX and AX series INSANELY priced in local market? In us the price difference between corsair TX and HX & AX series is from 14 - 44US$

d3p

PowerHouse
Why are Corsair HX and AX series INSANELY priced in local market? In us the price difference between corsair TX and HX & AX series is from 14 - 44US$

W.r.t Current market scenario, its the Rupee vs Dollar exchange rate. Otherwise shopkeeper - dealers are making huge profit with such components.

W.r.t Current market scenario, its the Rupee vs Dollar exchange rate. Otherwise shopkeeper - dealers are making huge profit with such components.

I mean if you compare it with TX there is huge difference. In US market the difference is from 14 to 44US$

d3p

PowerHouse
You should check out the prices of Seasonic/CM V series units then. By what you're saying, technically even VS, TX, etc. should cost equally ridiculous.

Same reason as why certain Antec units equivalent to their Seasonic OEM models cost 1k more atleast- where they're shipped. Yes! It does matter.

What i have heard from few of my contacts from SP road so far is, Most of the low end & mid range PSU's i.e [below 650w] are good sellers in Market. Profit shares with those PSU's are pretty less. This is also applicable with GPU & Cabinets.

Whereas, High End Modular PSU's from CM, Corsair, Seasonic & Antec are not so huge sellers due to their high cost & fetch a good profit if sold at right time.

I don't know, if anyone would have encountered this.

Most of times you visit a Local Computer Store & inquire about few components. They won't reveal the exact price upfront. They might call someone & ask about the current prices of those components & then add the profit into it before answering you so.

The people whom these guys call are the distributors or retailers, who sets the prices according to the demand. Now if you visit multiple stores, just to know the right prices or cheap deals. You might not find a huge price drop between different stores, as the distributor for those components are ONE & those few hundred - thousands differences are nothing but the profit level.

Guys, please make sure that you're getting the retail box with the processor-motherboard combo. There has been a report from Taiwan that OEM processors are being sold with motherboards. Not sure if its happening here, but being more careful isn't harmful to anyone.

Care to explain the issues with OEM Processors ?? How are they different from normal ones ??

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
aaaah I see the moderators have deleted my previous comment about OEM processors, but d3p quoted it. What's up with that? I am a little bit dissapointed, considering that I've done this and many things before highlighting certain issues with warranty claims and RMA in this forum alone.

OEM processors are those which are sold via Intel's partners in pre-assembled systems- Dell, HP, etc. They're basically the same, except they are lower cost-than-retail packs and their warranty are only honoured as an entire unit by the respected pre-assembled system, whoever it is. Chances are that you'll be charged full retail price unknowingly. Haswell prices are insanely high but there is a possibility of such OEM processors being sold. OEMs are not able to push haswell as much as they expected, so there is a stock lying around. It happened before with previous processors but not too loud. Haswell series however is happening in certain countries at APAC.

There's an article in Digitimes but its paid content so only paid subscribers can view it. VR-Zone did some digging, but it only proved that its not happening in certain well known stores in Taiwan.

Dumping of OEM hardware in retail even in India is for real and usually packed by assemblers rather than retailers selling individual components. All this is done 'unofficially' through series of channel partners and sub distris. Its no different from WD Black FAEX with 3 years warranty on serial issue, when infact in reality is that its 5 years. Distris/ Sub-distris/channel partners are getting more ballsy in India- and dealers are not very comfortable giving a lot of information fearing that they will not get things to sell for ratting out people. It should be observed that importers stickers are now also removed from OEM drives to add more into the confusion. No sticker, more difficult to trace it to the distris. Companies would pass the buck, saying that its the distributor's responsibility or sales team or importer....yadda yadda yadda. Chances of processors failing is much lesser than hard drives failing, so catching this red handed is more difficult.

Only components that are strictly under control are SSDs and power supplies- well, atleast the tier 1 ones anyways.

So to prevent all this, its best to make sure you get the retail pack, bill has serial number, store has VAT/CST number mentioned on it.

And those 600w+ units are fetching decent enough sales, not as much as 400w- 500w units, but they are. There are lot of companies buying a lot of systems and usually they cost a lot. On top of it, they have systems with stacks of hard drives and low-to-mid powered psu that are sold in india doesn't cut it, so they end up buying a higher powered units. The numbers are segregated, but very much there. Even RAID SAS cards worth 60k are being sold nicely, even considering that they are 20k more than U.S. prices. Ofcourse, we're not talking only about enthusiasts/gamers, but sales numbers overall. I can't say much how much do people earn from such units, but the volume is very much present in India, or else why would we have Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Coolermaster introducing newer 600w- 1200w units in India as soon as its available in APAC?

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
aaaah I see the moderators have deleted my previous comment about OEM processors, but d3p quoted it. What's up with that? I am a little bit dissapointed, considering that I've done this and many things before highlighting certain issues with warranty claims and RMA in this forum alone.

OEM processors are those which are sold via Intel's partners in pre-assembled systems- Dell, HP, etc. They're basically the same, except they are lower cost-than-retail packs and their warranty are only honoured as an entire unit by the respected pre-assembled system, whoever it is. Chances are that you'll be charged full retail price unknowingly. Haswell prices are insanely high but there is a possibility of such OEM processors being sold. OEMs are not able to push haswell as much as they expected, so there is a stock lying around. It happened before with previous processors but not too loud. Haswell series however is happening in certain countries at APAC.

There's an article in Digitimes but its paid content so only paid subscribers can view it. VR-Zone did some digging, but it only proved that its not happening in certain well known stores in Taiwan.

Dumping of OEM hardware in retail even in India is for real and usually packed by assemblers rather than retailers selling individual components. All this is done 'unofficially' through series of channel partners and sub distris. Its no different from WD Black FAEX with 3 years warranty on serial issue, when infact in reality is that its 5 years. Distris/ Sub-distris/channel partners are getting more ballsy in India- and dealers are not very comfortable giving a lot of information fearing that they will not get things to sell for ratting out people. It should be observed that importers stickers are now also removed from OEM drives to add more into the confusion. No sticker, more difficult to trace it to the distris. Companies would pass the buck, saying that its the distributor's responsibility or sales team or importer....yadda yadda yadda. Chances of processors failing is much lesser than hard drives failing, so catching this red handed is more difficult.

Only components that are strictly under control are SSDs and power supplies- well, atleast the tier 1 ones anyways.

So to prevent all this, its best to make sure you get the retail pack, bill has serial number, store has VAT/CST number mentioned on it.

And those 600w+ units are fetching decent enough sales, not as much as 400w- 500w units, but they are. There are lot of companies buying a lot of systems and usually they cost a lot. On top of it, they have systems with stacks of hard drives and low-to-mid powered psu that are sold in india doesn't cut it, so they end up buying a higher powered units. The numbers are segregated, but very much there. Even RAID SAS cards worth 60k are being sold nicely, even considering that they are 20k more than U.S. prices. Ofcourse, we're not talking only about enthusiasts/gamers, but sales numbers overall. I can't say much how much do people earn from such units, but the volume is very much present in India, or else why would we have Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Coolermaster introducing newer 600w- 1200w units in India as soon as its available in APAC?

Quite a Information there. I would suggest you to make a separate thread as awareness in the same section.

amjath

Human Spambot
aaaah I see the moderators have deleted my previous comment about OEM processors, but d3p quoted it.

Thanks for the info bro. Ur comment is not deleted it is vanished. Happened to many, see this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/161164-tdf-upgraded-post-bugs-here-please-32.html
U r not alone bro :p

Top Bottom