Hardware price list/spec sheet

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, I've read that on some other thread and Sam has also got 1TB Black for 0.5 TB Green.

2010 December, RMAed within a year.

Thanks for the info ... those were the golden time of HDDs at-least price and warranty wise upto 2011.

satyanjoy

Sweet Poison
^^ Don't worry .. if it goes kaput anytime WD will replace it with a Black edition ;-) at-least some people has got such thing.

BTW, AMD FX 8320 @ 10.8k - the most VFM cpu out on the market.

Is 4170 is available in India ? Is there any major difference between 4100 and 4170 ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, FX-4170 is not launched in India. Also FX-4170 has a stock speed of 4.2 GHz with 4.3 GHz Turbo Boost frequency and apart from that there isn't any difference between between FX-4100 and FX-4170. Both are based on same Bulldozer architecture but due to higher clock speed, FX-4170 can compete with i3 2120 at 1600X900 and 1920X1080 resolution but consumes significantly higher power.

satyanjoy

Sweet Poison
No, FX-4170 is not launched in India. Also FX-4170 has a stock speed of 4.2 GHz with 4.3 GHz Turbo Boost frequency and apart from that there isn't any difference between between FX-4100 and FX-4170. Both are based on same Bulldozer architecture but due to higher clock speed, FX-4170 can compete with i3 2120 at 1600X900 and 1920X1080 resolution but consumes significantly higher power.
thanks..this CPU goes toe to toe against the 3470 or 8350 in Crysis 3 in 1080p. Although it perform near i3 in FarCry 3
CPU_03.jpg

Attachments

• CPU_01.jpg
    CPU_01.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 83

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you have a quad core cpu ( Phenom II or C2D era or better ) then you don't need to worry about cpu bottleneck anymore for gaming rather focus more on the gpu deparment but of-course if you are planning to run multi gpu config with high end gpus then cpu and memory bandwidth ( platform wise ) should be considered with importance.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
ok, :O i've only used WD, maxtor, hitachi and samsung drives so far, never had any failures or other issues :p so wanted to stick to them, how is toshiba in terms of reliability and A.S.S. ? i am not from mumbai and i don't think i have any toshiba SVC in my city.

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
ok, :O i've only used WD, maxtor, hitachi and samsung drives so far, never had any failures or other issues :p so wanted to stick to them, how is toshiba in terms of reliability and ASS ? i am not from mumbai and i don't think i have any toshiba SVC in my city.
Toshiba drives are fine...
Many users have bought it. And Plz change the word ASS to A.S.S ....

kaushiksaha6

Right off the assembly line
plz suggest me which motherboard and processor will be better combination? 1) gigabyte GA H61M D2H or DS2 with Intel G530 celeron 2.4GHz. 2) ASRock N68C GS Fs with any compitible and proecssor with in dis range. or 3) suggest any better combination with in dis range.

kaushiksaha6

Right off the assembly line
plz suggest me which motherboard and processor will be better combination? 1) gigabyte GA H61M D2H or DS2 with Intel G530 celeron 2.4GHz. 2) ASRock N68C GS Fs with any compitible and proecssor with in dis range. or 3) suggest any better combination with in dis range.

plz help me

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Toshiba has 3 years warranty. Warranty is honoured by Rashi.

That's comforting and thanks for the confirmation.

y u no sleep
yeah Toshiba has 3 years warranty as of now for 1TB HDDs[

hardcore gaming ... ;-)

only for 1TB HDDs ? not for 500GB models ? anyway, unlike WD I'm unable to find any warranty related document for APAC region on Toshiba's website.

saswat23

Human Spambot

What's your budget?
You should go with Pentium instead of Celeron.
Get:
* Intel G2010 -- 3k
* Gigabyte GA-H61-D2H -- 3.2k
Total ---- 6.2k

navin00

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Hello guys looking forward to upgrade my PC and thought of GFX first i have sorted out only 1 card according to my preference ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 670 2GB DDR5 AMP EDITION.the specs are good but need some expert advice from you guys about the review..
Sorry for the double post..

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Hello guys looking forward to upgrade my PC and thought of GFX first i have sorted out only 1 card according to my preference ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 670 2GB DDR5 AMP EDITION.the specs are good but need some expert advice from you guys about the review..
Sorry for the double post..
The price of GTX 670 is almost same as HD 7970 . But HD 7970 is better in performance than the GTX 670 . So HD 7970 should be your choice.

Top Bottom