Hackers Grab and Expose 453,000 Yahoo Login Details

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Sources : Hackers Grab and Expose 453,000 Yahoo Login Details

Hackers expose 453,000 credentials allegedly taken from Yahoo service | Ars Technica

Hacking collective D33Ds Company has posted login details for more than 453,000 user accounts that it claims to have retrieved in plaintext from an unconfirmed service on Yahoo. ( Yahoo Voice )

PS : I have SEEN the list :lol:

To check whether your account is compromised go to

Yahoo! cleartext passwords

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
Some coders watch the world burn by storing plaintext passowords.

YEa it is surprising to see a Big site like Yahoo not hashing user passwords.

Although i have no idea maybe it wasn't feasible because of some reason.

It's unfortunate and Yahoo is to be blamed to a certain extent nonetheless.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
anyways it was about time i had changed my yahoo pwd anyways. Also get regular email to enter id and pwd in google docs which i give hillarious replies to

Tobuscus

Broken In
That's bad news for me.

if i lose my yahoo email id. Game Over :|

lol,maybe i should have used gmail...

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hacked by a SQL Injection, really???????????????????
Not only did they not encrypt cleartext but they also had to write dumb front end code!! :-x:-x

OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
You can get it easily if you search for it .

The entire collection just weighs 17.1mb .

Anyways all should change their yahoo password immediately whether they are affected or not .

God bless GMail :-D

Hrishi

I am pretty sure that many Creepy users out there are going to take privillege of the available passwords and user accounts.
Many of the users might even have link to paypal,net banking , and similiar secure financial details.

It will not only create havoc for yahoo but also for Facebook , Twitter, etc sites that have account linked with Yahoo.

Its really disheartening to see that Yahoo hasn't encrypted the Password. Whatta shame.!! And the open space for SQL injection ....Waw.!!! Did anybody knew about these two earlier before this happened????

Fortunately, I switched to Gmail years ago because of yahoo's pathetic spam filter.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Thanks @ Allu Azad and @The Sorcerer, for the links to check the Yahoo! e-mail account.
By GOD's grace,my Yahoo! e-mail account as checked in & by Sucuri Malware Labs :->

Good: Email ******@yahoo.in not found in leak.

I primarily use "Gmail" as my e-mail account.

Hrishi

Hey that list contains Email address of other Domains too like msn,google,etc.
Yahoo Voices database has been leaked as per the news.
So if you haven't ever posted in yahoo Voices , then don't worry. But unfortunately if you did , you know what to do. :p

OP
Allu Azad

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I think Yahoo! didn't even officially mention this incident .
They should have alerted its users.

Top Bottom