Guide me to install ubuntu ... Vista installed already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
so,hows it going @naveen:
*i26.tinypic.com/993r50.jpg

awesome...

here is my first ipression...

incredibly FASt

graphically different...

easy software installtion and huge range of softwares...

best for geeks...

takes a while to understand...(can do that)

too much software and weird names ... makes me feel like i am on alien planet !! :-D

faster shutdown !!! i like that... just like a TV///

too much of this sudo... gedit stuff... for doingsimple things... that makes work difficult ... since not all can have net access.. and that will be a quite difficulty ....

but still have to learn ... may be i have just joined the college.... have to get support from seniors(prak,T159,rahimveron,mehulved...etc)

but nice change though from vista...
but i have to say .. dont mistake me... vista was likesmooth as butter.. and its was like a a detailed piece of software... everthing precisely done...

i still dont know how to create a folder in ubuntu ?? that right click.. there is no option... (may be i would have missed it) and all those weird folder names... i dont know whicih is for which ..

anyway .. ubunutu is simply good.. and i think i will like it.. if it reduces those sudo,gedit stuff.. and makes everythinga click away...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
will do..

is ther ea way to make this asking username for each and every step??
it will ask you password once, and then remember it until idle timeout which is 5 minutes.

also you can enable auto login
System -> Administration -> Login
General Tab -> Automatic Login -> select your username

praka123

left this forum longback
ada yennada ithu?u should adjust to Linux /*nix type and dont expect window$ in Linux :) enna?Linux cannot be made like window$ although lookwise it may be possible.the superiror linux kernel and unix architecture needs ur time to get familiar with.
that is why ,Linux is NOT Windows :)

you should just casually check ur Desktop(Gnome) and be familiar to Applications menu.
seriously,need to unlearn many a window$ things in Linux.thats why win power users find it hard first on GNU/Linux. :-|
take ur time nanba :D

Dhruv11

Broken In
My 3rd day with Ubuntu. :D And im still used to that right click and refresh thing. lolz
finally got the desktop effects to work. Learning the basics now. ;)
Btw whats the difference between Ubuntu and Kubuntu ? And what is this KDE thing ?

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
And what is this KDE thing ?
KDE is a different desktop than GNOME. *nix just don't have one kind of look like windows. There are so many kinds of desktops, each catering to different kinds of people. KDE, GNOME and XFCE are some of the most widely used and easier ones.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ada yennada ithu?u should adjust to Linux /*nix type and dont expect window$ in Linux :) enna?Linux cannot be made like window$ although lookwise it may be possible.the superiror linux kernel and unix architecture needs ur time to get familiar with.
that is why ,Linux is NOT Windows :)

you should just casually check ur Desktop(Gnome) and be familiar to Applications menu.
seriously,need to unlearn many a window$ things in Linux.thats why win power users find it hard first on GNU/Linux. :-|
take ur time nanba :D

thnks thalaivaaa...

vistala irunthu vanthathala.. konjum kastama than iruku.. ana i will adjust...
neenga sonneegala that f5 stuff.. wht do u mean by whole system refresh???

praka123

left this forum longback
^for mere "refresh" a command called "xrefresh -white" exits.that just repaints the X windows system.

while,what F5 does is,it restarts/refreshes the File Manager(Nautilus in Gnome).nothing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom