Graphics Cards related queries here.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hey buy another 1 GB ram & you graphics card wil share around 767 MB V- ram , you score will increse alot. Nvidia planted this turbocache feature in there latest forceware drivers.

sabret00the

Youngling

smit said:
hey buy another 1 GB ram & you graphics card wil share around 767 MB V- ram , you score will increse alot. Nvidia planted this turbocache feature in there latest forceware drivers.

^^^Exactly,even I noticed that and I have asked a friend in US to get me a couple of 1GB DDR2 800mhz SLI ready modules...lets see if that happens then I guess my score score shud increase even further....

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

U know now Days 2GB RAM is a must for gaming....i mean smooth gaming!

Last edited:

svgreatest

Right off the assembly line
Help me!!!

*img508.imageshack.us/img508/465/21571944kq7.jpg
Hi,
My PC Config is
Intel 915GAV mobo, 512MB RAM, PIV 3GHz, NVidia 7300GS 256MB PCIe Graphics Card. The screenshot shows my problem. When i play graphics intensive games like COD2, my system hangs after some time and my screen becomes as above. Pls help me wid this problem.
Thanks

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

probobly yes ( over heating ) , does problem solve after restart ? anyway , try updating the drivers.
I hope u dont hav card frm palit . palit cards usually cause probs .

svgreatest

@sagargv
No, my card is frm Zebronics. Yeah, the problem ceases when I restart my machine. There isn't much problem when i am doing anything apart from playing games but as soon as i start a game (i.e when i start playing) the problem starts.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

is it true palit cards give prob. i have a sapphire X1600pro. when i was buying it, i almost went for the palit x1600pro coz its considerably cheaper. but bec of unavailability, i took the sapphire. guess it was a blessing in disguise :)

prafulltcs

Broken In

xbonez said:
^^if u're into gaming, go in for 1GB ram. i have same mobo as urs so i know that it only supports a max of 400mhz. best is let ur 256mb card go, get 2*512mb identical cards and run in dual channel.
gfx card depends on ur budget. whats urs?
Hey budget for 4 grfix is around 10k and

1GB in Thane @ variety i asked is 2200/- (Transcend...) i dont kno abt 512MB * 2??

Please suggest me Grfix card, I heard and even read PCI Xpress grafix card are good @ performance and fast too.. so please suggest me one? wat will be cost @ india...and will i find anee diffrence if order it from japan....?? my friend is coming this monthend...

gannu_rox

In the zone

prafulltcs said:
Hey budget for 4 grfix is around 10k and

1GB in Thane @ variety i asked is 2200/- (Transcend...) i dont kno abt 512MB * 2??

Please suggest me Grfix card, I heard and even read PCI Xpress grafix card are good @ performance and fast too.. so please suggest me one? wat will be cost @ india...and will i find anee diffrence if order it from japan....?? my friend is coming this monthend...

Yeah dat'll make some diff... had ur friend only been in taiwan, it mus've made a huuuuuuuge diff....

Anyways jus ask him to bring the stuff thru cabin baggage keepin only the card, drivre cds, n cables n ditch the box... If customs find a box in the main luggage, u'll be asked to pay d relevant customs...

prafulltcs

Broken In

gan12320021 said:
Yeah dat'll make some diff... had ur friend only been in taiwan, it mus've made a huuuuuuuge diff....

Anyways jus ask him to bring the stuff thru cabin baggage keepin only the card, drivre cds, n cables n ditch the box... If customs find a box in the main luggage, u'll be asked to pay d relevant customs...

yeah dats okies...

but will u please suggest me the grafix card that shuld i go 4...??am confused ...bcoz lot of available and am not able to fine good one..

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@svgreatest , ok , does the same prob occur if u alt+tab out of a game.check the temp of the gpu .

xsreality

Broken In

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Dude...........u are not paying attention at all!!!

Let other people decide :

1. Buy a X1950 pro for $135 & save $115(250-135=115) & sell your card after 15 months of worth $135 for $35 because it doesn't run the DX10 content & add add $200 to get a 8800 GTX.

or

2.Save your $135 & don't buy anything and after 15 months Add $200 more i.e $200+$135=$335 & be a proud owner of 8900 GTS(something like that)

or

3.Buy a card for $250 & show your bling...bling...& even after 15 months ur card is still surviving but with a little nick of a lag,but u still enjoy all the gaming fun of DX10 & DX9.

Nice discussion there.. but a specific question..

I am planning on buying ASUS P5N-E SLi mobo and as it doesnt have on-board grfx, i will have to buy a grfx card.. I was thinking of buying the XFX 8600GT but the above discussions and options have confused me a bit... I have the SLI option too.. so what would be a better option for me? I am into gaming and would want to play NFS Carbon at max settings. 8600GT is hitting hard on my budget, but if its worth it i can go for it.

prasad_den

Padawan

Ok... I need to decide upon which GFx card to go for im my lappy which I'll be getting next month.. So can someone help me decide between the following..?
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7400
ATi Mobility Radeon x1400
ANd what about the memory for these.. I'm really zero when it comes to GFx cards, so consider me a noob here..:D

One more info.. My laptop will have at least 1GB DDR2 RAM and 120GB HDD.. And I plan to use Windows Vista.. I need the laptop to be able to play recent games decently.. :D

Last edited:

i want to buy a good directx 10 grafic card .ihave a budget of 17k...tell me if on waiting for a month or so i can get better thx a lot.
i want my vista gaming xperience to b at arounbd 7 or 8..thx

gannu_rox

In the zone

prasad_den said:
Ok... I need to decide upon which GFx card to go for im my lappy which I'll be getting next month.. So can someone help me decide between the following..?
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7400
ATi Mobility Radeon x1400
ANd what about the memory for these.. I'm really zero when it comes to GFx cards, so consider me a noob here..:D

One more info.. My laptop will have at least 1GB DDR2 RAM and 120GB HDD.. And I plan to use Windows Vista.. I need the laptop to be able to play recent games decently.. :D

No... No.. No... No...
Dun go fer a lap now... pl wait fer nex month... intel's comin with centrino pro;
a better proccy than d prev centrino duo with a better performance in short...
Gr8 news is nvidia 8 series chips're also gona make it into laps so wait so dat u can even hunt the Dx10 games...

The fruit of patience's always sweet.. :D

niraj trehan said:
i want to buy a good directx 10 grafic card .ihave a budget of 17k...tell me if on waiting for a month or so i can get better thx a lot.
i want my vista gaming xperience to b at arounbd 7 or 8..thx

Den I suppose u wait until Ati comes up with a revamped X2900Xt...
Coz then nVidia will release their G92 cores n then 8 series'd become cheaper...

Now the XFX 8800GTS 320 fetches 17k + taxes...
640 costs 21K + taxes... They'll become cheaper..

Wait dude..

If nuthin else, prices'll definitely come down nex month...

xsreality said:
Nice discussion there.. but a specific question..

I am planning on buying ASUS P5N-E SLi mobo and as it doesnt have on-board grfx, i will have to buy a grfx card.. I was thinking of buying the XFX 8600GT but the above discussions and options have confused me a bit... I have the SLI option too.. so what would be a better option for me? I am into gaming and would want to play NFS Carbon at max settings. 8600GT is hitting hard on my budget, but if its worth it i can go for it.

Dats a good mobo... 8600Gt's not a wise option tho... Coz Its jus a entry level 8 series card...

I suggest u wait until the month end and get a 8800GTS coz prices'll def go down... Has to coz Ati labs're workin hard to revamp their competitor 2900XT!!!

Dun think of Sli jus coz u want 20-22 FPS more... Its waste.. Invst in a good card now... Listen...

2X 8600GT in Sli is always low on performance dan a 8800GTs...

Last edited:

svgreatest

sagargv said:
@svgreatest , ok , does the same prob occur if u alt+tab out of a game.check the temp of the gpu .
my system hangs, so there's no question alt+tab working

gannu_rox said:
No... No.. No... No...
Dun go fer a lap now... pl wait fer nex month... intel's comin with centrino pro;
a better proccy than d prev centrino duo with a better performance in short...
Gr8 news is nvidia 8 series chips're also gona make it into laps so wait so dat u can even hunt the Dx10 games...

The fruit of patience's always sweet.. :D

Den I suppose u wait until Ati comes up with a revamped X2900Xt...
Coz then nVidia will release their G92 cores n then 8 series'd become cheaper...

Now the XFX 8800GTS 320 fetches 17k + taxes...
640 costs 21K + taxes... They'll become cheaper..

Wait dude..

If nuthin else, prices'll definitely come down nex month...

Dats a good mobo... 8600Gt's not a wise option tho... Coz Its jus a entry level 8 series card...

I suggest u wait until the month end and get a 8800GTS coz prices'll def go down... Has to coz Ati labs're workin hard to revamp their competitor 2900XT!!!

Dun think of Sli jus coz u want 20-22 FPS more... Its waste.. Invst in a good card now... Listen...

2X 8600GT in Sli is always low on performance dan a 8800GTs...
will 8800 gt prices drop???
tell me if i get dx10 card will i be able to get a great gaming rig?????
so finally which card do u suggest???

Top Bottom