Graphics Cards related queries here.

gannu_rox

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

niraj trehan said:
will 8800 gt prices drop???
tell me if i get dx10 card will i be able to get a great gaming rig?????
so finally which card do u suggest???

It has to... Wait fer the month end.. We'll know wats in store...
8800GTS both 320 and d 640're good ones...

xbonez

NP : Crysis

prafulltcs said:
Hey budget for 4 grfix is around 10k and

1GB in Thane @ variety i asked is 2200/- (Transcend...) i dont kno abt 512MB * 2??

Please suggest me Grfix card, I heard and even read PCI Xpress grafix card are good @ performance and fast too.. so please suggest me one? wat will be cost @ india...and will i find anee diffrence if order it from japan....?? my friend is coming this monthend...

cool, 10k is ample to get a very good gfx card. obviously pci-express is what u r looking for. ur mobo won't support agp cards and anyways no reason u should go for them.

gfx card - XFX 256mb 8600GT - Rs. 8.5K (if u get it from Japan, which will be cheaper, you will get a 8600GTS within ur budget. in india an XFX 8600GTS costs 12-14K. from japan u should get it under 10k) these cards are Dx10 cards - the latest in the market. you shouldn't have any prob playing games for a long time since Dx10 cards have just come into the market.

a single 512mb transcend RAM module (400mhz - which is what will work on ur mobo) wil cost u Rs. 1.4K here in delhi. (u sure the cost u've given is the cost of a Transcend 1GB 400mhz modules. i think it is the cost of DDR2 - which is relatively cheaper)

sabret00the

Youngling

^^^ Zebronics 256MB 8600GT for Rs.7900/- been using it for over a month and seems to work fine for me...and meets my requirements...
Note:- My Samsung 19" LCD supports a max resolution of 1440*900 hence dont need anything more than 8600GT and need to learn more from someone whose actually used an 8600GT Dx10 card read a few of my posts in the last page..chk out my system specs here

Re: Help me!!!

svgreatest said:
*img508.imageshack.us/img508/465/21571944kq7.jpg
Hi,
My PC Config is
Intel 915GAV mobo, 512MB RAM, PIV 3GHz, NVidia 7300GS 256MB PCIe Graphics Card. The screenshot shows my problem. When i play graphics intensive games like COD2, my system hangs after some time and my screen becomes as above. Pls help me wid this problem.
Thanks
hello
well i think u r doomed allmost.......!!!!!

i faced similar problem with my graphic card 7300gt as i had my pc run for 2 days for utorrent to download tomb raider...get it repaired as i did as it was under warranty!!!!!

lambo

Broken In

I am planning to buy EVGA 8800GTS 640 MB Superclocked from yantraonline.in for Rs. 28,680/-. Is it a good choice? I have heard at several places (including anandtech.com and tomshardware.com) that EVGA makes very good cards and thats why I want to purchase it. 8800GTS 640MB from other brands in India are more or less costing same and none of them are Overclocked like this EVGA card.

prafulltcs

Broken In

xbonez said:
cool, 10k is ample to get a very good gfx card. obviously pci-express is what u r looking for. ur mobo won't support agp cards and anyways no reason u should go for them.

gfx card - XFX 256mb 8600GT - Rs. 8.5K (if u get it from Japan, which will be cheaper, you will get a 8600GTS within ur budget. in india an XFX 8600GTS costs 12-14K. from japan u should get it under 10k) these cards are Dx10 cards - the latest in the market. you shouldn't have any prob playing games for a long time since Dx10 cards have just come into the market.

a single 512mb transcend RAM module (400mhz - which is what will work on ur mobo) wil cost u Rs. 1.4K here in delhi. (u sure the cost u've given is the cost of a Transcend 1GB 400mhz modules. i think it is the cost of DDR2 - which is relatively cheaper)
Hey thnx bonez,

i am still confused @ grfics card ...bcoz when i searched d net...some QnA marked their points to ATI radeon x1950XT cards rather marking to XFX 8600GTS...and nvidia series...??

dont kno why its so much confusing to buy graficx card,,,??

yes thats cost of DDR2 RAm, i thnk my prev RAM is same...but dont kno is that virus or RAm whihc makes my system slow...its too slow...but playing games like GTA-sa and NFS underground dosnt feel like system is slow...but in browsing and copying and windows xp feels so slow ...

Last edited:

weftr100

Random Username

xbonez said:
xfx 8500GT 5.2k
xfx 8600GT 8.5k
sabret00the said:
^^^ Zebronics 256MB 8600GT for Rs.7900/- been using it for over a month and seems to work fine for me...and meets my requirements...
Note:- My Samsung 19" LCD supports a max resolution of 1440*900 hence dont need anything more than 8600GT and need to learn more from someone whose actually used an 8600GT Dx10 card read a few of my posts in the last page..chk out my system specs here
Thanks....I'm a bit confused though. Is the 8500GT good for playing games? Or should I go for the 8600GT? I'm looking for good value for money.
My config is AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and
ASUS M2N4-SLI Motherboard with DDR2 2 GB 667 Mhz RAM.

Last edited:

xbonez

@prafulltcs : i wouldn't reccomned u going in for the x1950. it would perform better but it is a directx 9 card. it would be foolish to buy a directx 9 card now that Dx10 cards are available easily and cheap in the market. that way, u will be future proof coz expect the newer games to be based on Dx10.

@weftr100 : obviously the 8600gt will be better than the 8500gt. its all about a matter of ur budget. if u can afford it go for the 8600, otherwise the 8500. both the cards are meant for gaming. your sys will support any of the two.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

lambo said:
I am planning to buy EVGA 8800GTS 640 MB Superclocked from yantraonline.in for Rs. 28,680/-. Is it a good choice? I have heard at several places (including anandtech.com and tomshardware.com) that EVGA makes very good cards and thats why I want to purchase it. 8800GTS 640MB from other brands in India are more or less costing same and none of them are Overclocked like this EVGA card.

dood before plunging for an 8800 series card make sure u have avery decent cabinet..an know about coolin...coz im using the ASUS 8800 GTS as a trial user an its runiin at idle 65 C...though the load temp does not cross 81 C....i have added 3 fans to the cab....on 120mm for blowin air in fot the proccy...one 80mm for gfx...an another 120mm for suckin hot air out....before this the idle temp used to be around 75 C! na load around 86 c!!!!!!.......load=LOST PANET DX 10 demo highest settings at 1600x1200....for 30 mins!

lambo

Broken In

Ambar said:
dood before plunging for an 8800 series card make sure u have avery decent cabinet..an know about coolin...coz im using the ASUS 8800 GTS as a trial user an its runiin at idle 65 C...though the load temp does not cross 81 C....i have added 3 fans to the cab....on 120mm for blowin air in fot the proccy...one 80mm for gfx...an another 120mm for suckin hot air out....before this the idle temp used to be around 75 C! na load around 86 c!!!!!!.......load=LOST PANET DX 10 demo highest settings at 1600x1200....for 30 mins!

I have already considered cooling options. I can go for Antec or CoolerMAster Cabinet with provision for big fans. Yantraonline guys say they have all Zebronics cabinets too and can arrange for Thermaltake and Apevia cabinets which might be a good option. I just needed a second opinion on my buying decision on this GFX card and which I think seems good.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

@LAMBO
Thats a good choice dude.EVGA is rocking but thing is AFAIK EVGA doesn't have any service centre in INDIA.See all cards are good but my experience says that always buy that thing which might be a costlier but shouldn't have a warranty issue.There are lots & lots of people who are suffering this kind of problem.Although EVGA serves 10 years warranty on 8800(read it somewhere) & excellent performer but i think u should also consider XFX.There's hardly a differnce between their performance.

xbonez said:
@prafulltcs : i wouldn't reccomned u going in for the x1950. it would perform better but it is a directx 9 card. it would be foolish to buy a directx 9 card now that Dx10 cards are available easily and cheap in the market. that way, u will be future proof coz expect the newer games to be based on Dx10.

@weftr100 : obviously the 8600gt will be better than the 8500gt. its all about a matter of ur budget. if u can afford it go for the 8600, otherwise the 8500. both the cards are meant for gaming. your sys will support any of the two.

Ok...one more member of my GANG!Welcome to my world...nigga!

Last edited:

xbonez

whatever the chipset, xfx and EVGA are market leaders. they're well known for using superior components and lend themselves very well to overclocking, though u obviously wouldn't need to do that

@keith : whats that supposed to mean. which GANG?

hey guys hw can we run cpu without putting effect on gpu ie when i used utorrent for 2 days my gpu got popped due to heat.is any way to prevent this!!!!!!1:)

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

lambo said:
I have already considered cooling options. I can go for Antec or CoolerMAster Cabinet with provision for big fans. Yantraonline guys say they have all Zebronics cabinets too and can arrange for Thermaltake and Apevia cabinets which might be a good option. I just needed a second opinion on my buying decision on this GFX card and which I think seems good.

dood the antec cab reviewed in this months digit is a great option my friend got it yesterday....an it rocks!!!

lambo

Broken In

keith_j_snyder2 said:
@LAMBO
Thats a good choice dude.EVGA is rocking but thing is AFAIK EVGA doesn't have any service centre in INDIA.See all cards are good but my experience says that always buy that thing which might be a costlier but shouldn't have a warranty issue.There are lots & lots of people who are suffering this kind of problem.Although EVGA serves 10 years warranty on 8800(read it somewhere) & excellent performer but i think u should also consider XFX.There's hardly a differnce between their performance.

Well, I was thinking of warranty terms too but then again I have been assured by Yantraonline guys that it will be taken care-off by them. I may return the card to them and they will get it replaced by EVGA. Anyhow Rashi provides service for XFX cards in India and their service is pathetic as I have already experienced myself with their XFX card.

xbonez

niraj trehan said:
hey guys hw can we run cpu without putting effect on gpu ie when i used utorrent for 2 days my gpu got popped due to heat.is any way to prevent this!!!!!!1:)

well generally this shouldn't happen. maeybe the cards fan was faulty or something. i leave my sys on for days together and never had such a prob

so finally can any 1 tell me hw can have the gaming performance up2 "7" ?
i have given my pc config in my signature

my budget is 17000 thx a L:p T!!!!!

gannu_rox

In the zone

niraj trehan said:
so finally can any 1 tell me hw can have the gaming performance up2 "7" ?
i have given my pc config in my signature

my budget is 17000 thx a L:p T!!!!!

Wat do u want actuallY???

An upgrade fer dat price??? Make urself clear...

Top Bottom