Graphics Cards related queries here.

vishalselvan

Broken In
i checked out ati's 7970,according to Chip's benchmarks,even the 660ti or 670 can beat it it seems,so it's not a viable option.Nvidia's more efficient is what techies say...idk,multimonitor,go for it?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Chip benchmarks ? Hmm....I wonder what those benchmarks where. Price ?

Those benchmarks results leave me quite speechless. I dont know what to say. *sigh*

Might have something to say had it been 660ti,670 and 7950.

d3p

PowerHouse
i checked out ati's 7970,according to Chip's benchmarks,even the 660ti or 670 can beat it it seems,so it's not a viable option.Nvidia's more efficient is what techies say...idk,multimonitor,go for it?

Small Correction though...Its no more ati's 7970 its RADEON 7970, AMD Radeon 7970. Regarding getting beaten by GTX 660ti or 670. Surely you must have checked 1024 x 768 benchmarks or something similar.

No offense just try posting the links, where you just read..

SunE

Professional Newbie
Small Correction though...Its no more ati's 7970 its RADEON 7970, AMD Radeon 7970. Regarding getting beaten by GTX 660ti or 670. Surely you must have checked 1024 x 768 benchmarks or something similar.

No offense just try posting the links, where you just read..

It's Bond, James Bond :p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 : GeForce GTX 660 Ti Review: Nvidia's Trickle-Down Keplernomics

Those results were with Catalyst 12.7. Things have changed quite a bit after that. This one is more recent:-

HARDOCP - Introduction - Fall 2012 GPU and Driver Comparison Roundup

vishalselvan

Broken In
Ah! Im sorry,didn't realize that they tested it without the new drivers.Guess the HD 7970 does kick some butt

one word..
12.9/12.8/12.11 :p
(three actually)
and is the October issue of chip available anywhere?
I don't think so man,maybe you'll get the ebooks with a newer purchase of chip

So 2 7970s> 2 680s?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Ah! Im sorry,didn't realize that they tested it without the new drivers.Guess the HD 7970 does kick some butt

So 2 7970s> 2 680s?

HARDOCP - Introduction - GTX 680 vs. Radeon HD 7970 - Multi-Display Showdown

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

So 2 7970s> 2 680s?

There's much more to it than plain simple analogy.
2 680's anyday over 2 7970's.
There are plenty of reasons too.

vishalselvan

Broken In
There's much more to it than plain simple analogy.
2 680's anyday over 2 7970's.
There are plenty of reasons too.
ah,alright,can you gimme a few? I'm deciding between the 7990 and 690(assuming that they will be in the same price range when 7990 hits india) 690 has lower power consumption and isn't a brute like 7990 but the hardware specs show that 7990 clearly has more.Another factor which may or may not affect us is the fall of amd,it ain't doin so good right now,what happens to radeon when amd falls? will there continue to be driver support? any ideas on the matter,I'm hell bent on getting the best gpu out there which will last,i've been slogging for a year now learning for my finals and it's time i rewarded myself ^^

Another quick q,any difference other than the ports between Asus gtx 690 and Zotac 690,asus's priced it 2k higher and why do they leave out the hdmi ports in the high end cards like zotac's 690 for example?

kunalht

In the zone
Which graphics card is better for gaming??
AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1 GB DDR3 Or AMD Radeon HD 5450 2 GB DDR3 Or any other under 3-4 k???

bunnycool

Right off the assembly line
Chip benchmarks ? Hmm....I wonder what those benchmarks where. Price ?

Those benchmarks results leave me quite speechless. I dont know what to say. *sigh*

Might have something to say had it been 660ti,670 and 7950.

btwn 660ti and 7950...plz urgent

Top Bottom