Graphics Cards related queries here.

tkin

Back to school!!
thats worrying me... why not a good idea mate ?
anyway budget for entire pc without monitor around without monitor around 28k.
Decided rest of the components. Just seriously confused about gpu(s).
How much left for the GPUs?

Its never recommended to go CF for such low end cards from the start, the shader/vram bandwidth bottleneck will make it worthless.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
How much left for the GPUs?

Its never recommended to go CF for such low end cards from the start, the shader/vram bandwidth bottleneck will make it worthless.

Hmm,
Intel Pentium G645
Gigabyte B75M-D3H Mobo
GSkill NT 1 x 8 gb 1333 Mhz RAM
Corsair 500cx v2 psu
NZXT Source 210 with window / CM Elite 431 Plus

Around 12-13k for gpu.
checked some reviews about Xfire performance about 7750 crossfire performance. have a look.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmm,
Intel Pentium G645
Gigabyte B75M-D3H Mobo
GSkill NT 1 x 8 gb 1333 Mhz RAM
Corsair 500cx v2 psu
NZXT Source 210 with window / CM Elite 431 Plus

Around 12-13k for gpu.
checked some reviews about Xfire performance about 7750 crossfire performance. have a look.
There are two issues with 7750CF:
1. It blocks all future upgrade paths for you, low end gpus lose their values quickly, so in future you may not even be able to sell them for much.
2. As you can see from the benchmark as load increases performance drops due to vram bandwidth bottleneck. In future as high end games hit the 7750CF will lose its value, one thing to remember in CF, the setup is bound by its single GPU constraints, if your card as 100GBPs bandwidth, in CF its still 100GBps not 200GBps.

What I suggest for you:
1. Get one of these now, play all games fluid, later do a CF and enjoy performance like a boss: MSI GRAPHICS CARD HD 7850 1GB DDR5 OC
Or
2. Raise budget slightly and do 7770CF: ASUS GRAPHICS CARD HD 7770 1GB DDR5

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
There are two issues with 7750CF:
1. It blocks all future upgrade paths for you, low end gpus lose their values quickly, so in future you may not even be able to sell them for much.
2. As you can see from the benchmark as load increases performance drops due to vram bandwidth bottleneck. In future as high end games hit the 7750CF will lose its value, one thing to remember in CF, the setup is bound by its single GPU constraints, if your card as 100GBPs bandwidth, in CF its still 100GBps not 200GBps.

What I suggest for you:
1. Get one of these now, play all games fluid, later do a CF and enjoy performance like a boss: MSI GRAPHICS CARD HD 7850 1GB DDR5 OC
Or
2. Raise budget slightly and do 7770CF: ASUS GRAPHICS CARD HD 7770 1GB DDR5

but doesnt even the 1 gb 7850 simply blow away a 7770cf ? more inclined towards a 7850 1 gb now...saw it somewhere for 12.8k.
any benchmark results for 7770cf vs 7850 ?

edit:
just found out that it is better to buy the single stronger card.
any idea how newegg will ship a 7850 here if I order from them ?? couple of links:
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131473
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
but doesnt even the 1 gb 7850 simply blow away a 7770cf ? more inclined towards a 7850 1 gb now...saw it somewhere for 12.8k.
any benchmark results for 7770cf vs 7850 ?
No it doesn't:
*images.tweaktown.com/content/4/5/4572_27_sapphire_radeon_hd_7770_1gb_oc_video_cards_in_crossfire.png
*www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/far-cry-21.png
*static.techspot.com/articles-info/501/bench/JC2_03.png

But you should get the 7850, see here: Is it better to get two HD 7770s in crossfire or one HD 7850?

7770 memory bandwidth will bottleneck when you are playing taxing games, plus if the game does not come with CF profile you are screwed as a single 7770 is not gonna do too good, but a single 7850 should allow you to play the game until the cf profile comes(if you later make a 7850CF).

Like the thread said above, 7850CF should be the least anyone going cf should go for. 7770CF is not worth it, specially when you can afford a 7850 easily.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never go for a low-end card with dual GPU in mind. Better stick with a powerful single card. For dual GPU this gen, start at least at 7850.

And if you can, get the 7850 2GB, that extra RAM will come handy.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Please guys suggest me a Nvidia only card under 5K.
And please mention with brand,price and exact model name.
If possible add review link of that card too.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Never go for a low-end card with dual GPU in mind. Better stick with a powerful single card. For dual GPU this gen, start at least at 7850.

And if you can, get the 7850 2GB, that extra RAM will come handy.

but those benchmarks dont mention a 7850 anywhere !
you don't mean a 7770cf > Single 7850 , do you ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In an ideal world, 7700CF>single 7850. But low-end CF setup is not recommended for various reasons: 7770's lower memory bus width may be a problem, if the game doesn't support CF the single GPU performance will be much lower, 1GB VRAM of individual cards the may be a bottleneck etc.

When you have the budget, better to opt for a single mid-range GPU. Hope this helps.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
In an ideal world, 7700CF>single 7850. But low-end CF setup is not recommended for various reasons: 7770's lower memory bus width may be a problem, if the game doesn't support CF the single GPU performance will be much lower, 1GB VRAM of individual cards the may be a bottleneck etc.

When you have the budget, better to opt for a single mid-range GPU. Hope this helps.

so sir skud ,7850 it is , right ?
Will the 1 gb version suffice ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the 2GB version is available at 14k, if you have the budget get a 2GB one.

And don't call me Sir. ;)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
But @Skud , will the 7850 be bottlenecked by a Pentium G645 ? I know it is an excellent budget gaming CPU but my mom's colleague's bro from whom I had initially decided to buy says that it a very "ordinary" processor .. :-(

saswat23

Human Spambot
Please guys suggest me a Nvidia only card under 5K.
And please mention with brand,price and exact model name.
If possible add review link of that card too.

No good NVIDIA card is available for ~5k.
Better spend ~400 bucks more and get the HD 6670 1GB DDR5.
Its the best option for ~5k.

But @Skud , will the 7850 be bottlenecked by a Pentium G645 ? I know it is an excellent budget gaming CPU but my mom's colleague's bro from whom I had initially decided to buy says that it a very "ordinary" processor .. :-(

It should be fine IMO.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
No good NVIDIA card is available for ~5k.
Better spend ~400 bucks more and get the HD 6670 1GB DDR5.
Its the best option for ~5k.

Thanks for ur reply!
Is HD 6670 1GB DDR5 way better than GT630 1GB DDR5 or GT440 1GB DDR5 ?
I don't care about ATI's extra 1-2fps.
I'm thinking of HD5770 but in India only new card available.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for ur reply!
Is HD 6670 1GB DDR5 way better than GT630 1GB DDR5 or GT440 1GB DDR5 ?
I don't care about ATI's extra 1-2fps.
I'm thinking of HD5770 but in India only new card available.
Way better than both.

GT 440 lies in between HD 5570 and 5670.

tkin

Back to school!!
i need to be sure mate :/ the pentium g645 is currently the best pentium processor available in india and its my only hope of keeping my budget around 28k :confused:
It would do, don't expect miracles, but for gaming it will do just fine, games in future will be more optimized for the GPU, like physx etc will all take place on GPU, a few days ago I was reading an article where a dev was saying in future even AI calculations will run on GPU, get a good GPU: [Solved] Intel Pentium G645 vs Intel i3 2120 - CPUs - CPU-Components

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
No use CFing with these cards. It's better to invest in a single very good GPU. CF or SLI rarely provides twice the performance but surely always causes twice the problems and draws twice the power.

Top Bottom