Graphics Cards related queries here.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Hi,

I had a Nvidia 8800GT card on my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe MB, pretty old rig. I am looking for a decent mid level gaming graphics card for around 6-8k.

now, my MB specs say's it has PCI Express x16 slot, I read few articles, that PCIe is backward compatible and all, and yet in few forums, they mentioned it might pose a problem on some motherboards. can someone help me understand, if I can go with a PCIe 3.0 card on my motherboard ?

I have my PC connected to my 32" LED SONY TV, so looking for one that can support games at decent details and view HD Video's.

can anyone please suggest me one (AMD/nVidia) ?

Current config:
Processor: AMD X2 5600+
Motherboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe
RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: 8800GT (dead)
PSU: Corsair 600 Watts

AMD Radeon HD7770, if you could stretch your budget to around 8.5K.

Broken In
What is the cheapest graphics card that can play videos at 1080p and passthrough HD Audio like Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD-MA ?

Absolutely no gaming required.

Cilus

laborare est orare
So, it wouldn't matter if it it's PCIe 3.0 card for my board?

All the PCIe versions are backward compatible with previous versions. But for avoiding compatibility issues, you should upgrade the Motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

What is the cheapest graphics card that can play videos at 1080p and passthrough HD Audio like Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD-MA ?

Absolutely no gaming required.

For smooth playback, look for HD 6450, else HD 5450.

Broken In
For smooth playback, look for HD 6450, else HD 5450.

Thanks. It won't be smooth in HD5450?

Is there any model from NVIDIA? Actually, I need a list of the cards so that I can keep an eye on "Bazaar". if I don't get it there in next 5-7 days, I will buy a new one.

hari

Right off the assembly line

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Hey guys! I am not getting desired Frames Per Second on Far Cry 3 on my HD 7850. I checked everywhere and many people seems to get 40 fps avg on Ultra at 1080p (aa off) . So, the first time I played it I think I got around 40-45 fps on the settings mentioned, I didnt checked it though. Then today, I upgraded my driver to 12.11 beta 8 with Far cry 3 application profile . Every other game was almost performing same but Far Cry's FPS dipped I got avg 20 fps (6 min 31 max). So, I reverted back to 12.10 uninstalled the profile . Still I was getting around 20 fps .So, I ran driver sweeper and uninstalled driver again. I installed 12.4 and 12.11 beta again but the fps still is 20. Anyone please help me.

EDIT:OK wait, I just checked and It is with every game Crysis 2 is now averaging 18 fps earlier it was 38.BF3 averaging 30 earlier it was 42-44.

I already posted this on FAR CRY 3 thread but now that i know it is regarding Graphics card and not that game alone, I posted here.

Last edited:

Samak

Broken In
hello guyz,
I want to buy a new nVidia GeForce GTX 650Ti.. please suggest me which one should I buy..? Asus, Zotac, Gigabyte or EVGA..
also suggest me a good PSU for this card..
Thanks in advance..

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think Gigabyte and Zotac is little cheaper and very good in build quality as well as in performance. Get any of 'em.

N73AB

Right off the assembly line
Guys is the 2 molex to 6 pin PCI-e connector cable availible anywhere in delhi? Pls i damnly need it.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys i am currently using a GT240 1GB DDR3 :( thinking about upgrading in next 3months.

requirements: budget 7k max. should offer atleast 3X more frames compared to my GT240 at same settings, low power consumption [70W or lower] and it should be reliable.
i am using 17" LCD 1440X900. [i'm also happy playing @ 1280X800 no AA]

i am thinking about getting HD7750. does it worth waiting for HD8xxx series or nvidia 7xx ?? i can wait for 3-4 months :)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Guys is the 2 molex to 6 pin PCI-e connector cable availible anywhere in delhi? Pls i damnly need it.
try nehru place or any such places where there are lot of PC/Computer vendors, usually District Centres. Ask for something like "Graphics card ka power connector". I hope you'll definitely find one. There's one on ebay, but is ridiculously priced.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
My MSI 6850 Cyclone is making a lot of noise. 68º onload is a normal temperature isn't it ?? fan speed was at 75% and about 3100+ RPM.

Top Bottom