Graphics Cards related queries here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^well...the problem is not about efficiency. Though low efficiency means higher electricity bills.

But the real problem is the gradual wearing of you precious system by bad voltage regulation and ripple suppression in the long run. So, yes you won't notice anything now but your system is slowly deteriorating for sure.

I totally agree , Zebronics will run but will not be gradual long time sure the every dog will have its day !!

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!

Is 5670 enough for HD gaming? Which is the card that can be used for HD gaming at budget <6k.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Any resolution over 480P (720X480) are considered HD (16:9). Mention the resolution which you are using. However, if your 'HD Gaming' means full HD (1920X1080) resolution, then only casual gaming is possible with HD 5670, no hardcore gaming. At 6K it is really hard to find a card capable of full HD gaming. You have to increase your budget a bit to get a HD 57570 at least available @ 7.2K

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Are yaar, Check the page 1st before posting. In my last but 2nd post I've already posted the price of all the GT 240 versions. It is 4.8K.

Yarr,maine socha tha ke AMP! Edition aalag hota hei.....:-?

Cilus

laborare est orare

HD 5670 is good enough for 720p HD.

720P HD means 1280X720, which is a movie resolution. I think computers have 180X1024 resolution. Ya, 5670 is good for that resolution. In fact it can play games @ 1440X900 (19" display) or 1600X1200 (20") with medium-high setting.

Chimu

Right off the assembly line

Going to buy 9800GT could any one recommend the best manufacturer for this GPU.
Thank you.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^

How much and which one?

Go for 5670, at par performance, less power consumption and, 9800GT = re-branded 8800GT. So HD5670 is the way to go....

Last edited:

kushalsv

hey all...
m plannin on gettin' a gtx 460...
m stuck btw the msi cyclone and the zotac amp!...wic one do i go for???
pls don bother suggesting th ATi 6XXX...i'v fallen in love with the 460:razz:

clear_lot

Journeyman

msi gtx460 twin frozr II is better than both in terms of cooling and noise. though its ~1k more than the cyclone. check smcinternational

edit: i would suggest to wait for 15 days or so when the gtx570 and hd69xx will be released. these SHOULD bring down the price a bit for 460.

ssb1551

Technomancer

that means 570 & 69-- series are gonna be launched by the end of this month.Weren't they supposed to be launched in Jan '11?

clear_lot

Journeyman

^expected date for 69xx is 13dec.
check techpowerup for gtx570 details.

@ ishu
isnt the twin frozr better than cyclone? as tf2 is a superior design.its supposed to be cooler and more silent

Chimu

^^

How much and which one?

Go for 5670, at par performance, less power consumption and, 9800GT = re-branded 8800GT. So HD5670 is the way to go....

I have to go for a NVIDIA card as my ASUS M2N-MX has compatiability issues with ATI cards (people had registered complaints about it in ASUS forum; none replied) so any better option than 9800gt please do tell me (my budget in nearly Rs.6000 ). If not could you give the best manufacturer for 9800GT and its cost.
Thank You!

mohiuddin

Journeyman

hey all...
m plannin on gettin' a gtx 460...
m stuck btw the msi cyclone and the zotac amp!...wic one do i go for???
pls don bother suggesting th ATi 6XXX...i'v fallen in love with the 460:razz:

then,don't bother 6xxx.just go nd get married with 460.

that means 570 & 69-- series are gonna be launched by the end of this month.Weren't they supposed to be launched in Jan '11?

wtf? U didn't know that 69xx is coming 13/12.where have u been these dayz...nd 570 is coming ~7december (rumorz)

Guyz,wat do u think abt it?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R685D5-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

if available,then wat d price of it in india?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

720P HD means 1280X720, which is a movie resolution. I think computers have 180X1024 resolution. Ya, 5670 is good for that resolution. In fact it can play games @ 1440X900 (19" display) or 1600X1200 (20") with medium-high setting.

I think you are talking about 1280*1024 ( SXGA ) resolution

Nowadays most wide screen 20" LCD monitor use HD+ resolution which is 1600*900 only old CRT 19 inch monitors use UXGA ie 1600*1200 screen resolution.

I have to go for a NVIDIA card as my ASUS M2N-MX has compatiability issues with ATI cards (people had registered complaints about it in ASUS forum; none replied) so any better option than 9800gt please do tell me (my budget in nearly Rs.6000 ). If not could you give the best manufacturer for 9800GT and its cost.
Thank You!

have you updated your mobo bios with the latest one available. What PSU do you have ? If you still want to go with 9800GT here's your choices : MSI or Zotac.

Guyz,wat do u think abt it?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R685D5-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

if available,then wat d price of it in india?

I think we will never get that dual fan gfx card in here at that price and this card will OC really great and will stay cool as well.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

I think we will never get that dual fan gfx card in here at that price and this card will OC really great and will stay cool as well.

how about buying it frm singapore?what d prices there ?do u hav any idea or link please..i need it within tomorrow night?

btw,what is best?

1.hdmi to hdmi or
2.dvi to hdmi for a 40" hdtv?

my frndz told that hdmi 2 hdmi is better.

Top Bottom