Graphics Cards related queries here.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Sorry guys for my typing mistake, but you guys understood it propertly. Ya, it is 1280X1024

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

no diff between HDMI and DVI. DVI + Sound = HDMI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimu

Right off the assembly line

have you updated your mobo bios with the latest one available. What PSU do you have ? If you still want to go with 9800GT here's your choices : MSI or Zotac.

Havent updated my bios but please can you confirm that on updating bios ATI cards can work on M2N-MX. First I was really eager about HD5670 before my friends told me about the compatiability problem. Tried ASUS forum but got no replies.
Again I would be really thankful if anyone can confirm, if on updating my bios, i can run ATI cards on my mobo.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

how about buying it frm singapore?what d prices there ?do u hav any idea or link please..i need it within tomorrow night?

btw,what is best?

1.hdmi to hdmi or
2.dvi to hdmi for a 40" hdtv?

my frndz told that hdmi 2 hdmi is better.

If you can use HDMI to HDMI.

no diff between HDMI and DVI. DVI + Sound = HDMI.

DVI to HDMI "usually" ( but not always ) can't carry audio signal but HDMI to HDMI can always carry audio signal along with video.

While DVI is pin-compatible with HDMI, DVI does not support audio while HDMI does

Some ATI and NVIDIA video cards with DVI outputs offer HDMI audio output, though this is done using the DVI connector pins in a non-standard way, using a special custom DVI to HDMI adapter to route the audio out to the HDMI on the correct pins.

Read this article to know more :

Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Havent updated my bios but please can you confirm that on updating bios ATI cards can work on M2N-MX. First I was really eager about HD5670 before my friends told me about the compatiability problem. Tried ASUS forum but got no replies.
Again I would be really thankful if anyone can confirm, if on updating my bios, i can run ATI cards on my mobo.

Here's the Bios download page of your mobo :

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

I've heard that some ATI 5xxx series card with PCI-E x16 2.1 interface has compatibility prob with OLD Nforce chipset mobos which use PCI-E 1.0 x16 interface. But look at here :

Gadgets,Gaming & Computer Tech|Tag Archive|powercolor hd 5670

This guy here used a ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS with a Powercolor HD5670.

mitraark

Decrepit

SO there is no competition for 5670 1 GB from any nVidia model in the same Price range , a good vfm cool GPU for basic medium gaming and HTPC ?

preetamsikdar

Broken In

@ Chimu... I own a Asus P5QPL-AM mobo...and I recently bought Sapphire HD5670 1 Gb...its working fine for me...never heard of the compatibility issue u r talking about...

vizkid2005

In the zone

Hey guys can you please tell me a benchmark price for sapphire (or any other company, plz specify which ) HD 6870 in mumbai lamington road ...

I think the guy I was gonna buy from is asking much more than the market price ...

He didn`t have HD6870 , so he qouted me ASUS HD6850 @ 12.5k ..
On the net I saw Sapphire 6850 @ 11.2k ...

Please let me know the price at best of ur knowledge ....

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

SO there is no competition for 5670 1 GB from any nVidia model in the same Price range , a good vfm cool GPU for basic medium gaming and HTPC ?

Nothing beats it when it comes to medium end gaming. VFM at 5k.
It can run most games at high on a 20" or less.

@ vizkid
between 11k and 12k is the standard price.

Last edited:

ankurhotnot

Broken In

will amd 6850 with core i5 760 and 2 gb ddr 3 ram will be able to produce playable frame rates at hd resolution for crysis engine based games.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Yes it can. But for an extra boost, you can overclock tour GPu a little. HD 6850 is a hell of a overclocker.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy

whats the price of asus eah 6850 in india??
cant seem to find it on any online retailers site!

are asus cards good quality coz have seen 2 incidents of them failing due capacitor related problems
does the new asus cards employ all solid caps?

mitraark

Decrepit

In Kolkata ,shops hardly keep GPUs from manufacturers other than XFX , when i asked for a Sapphire 5670 , they insisted XFX is better.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

Gigabyte is boss.both in mobo nd gfxcard...msis' r also good.asus,xfx disgusting...well ,at least 2 me.!

clear_lot

Journeyman

Gtx 570 released!!!!!!!!!!
Check tomshardware for reviews.........

erm.... also check GeForce GTX 570 review

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

^
Neck to neck with 480 in Metro33, Bad Company 2
Beats it in Lost Planet 2, Alien Vs Predator, Dirt2
Loses to it in Just Cause 2 upto 1080p.
Way less power consumption. Less noise
looks to be around 17 - 18k
:clap2: :doublethumb:

Waiting for AMD :hyper:

clear_lot

Journeyman

^ wanted to know how they match with 2x460.

check at guru3d. how much they gained in bf2 by oc.
by increasing core by 68Mhz and memory by 700Mhz(effective), it gains 8 fps at 1920x1080. thats a very good gain by a simple OC.
so the newish architecture gains a lot by OC.

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

^
460 is slightly better in performance than 570, but 570 would be better as it is single.

As 570 looks like a optimized rebranded 480.

Last edited:

clear_lot

Journeyman

^guys at anandtech are just a bit meh with 570. at least that was the impression i got.

Top Bottom