Graphics Cards related queries here.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

You can order Sapphire HD5670 512MB online from SMC or theitwares.SMC is good & reliable.

sri1979

Right off the assembly line

Sir,
Can u provide the link for SMC. . i enquired with itwares , no stock for 512mb.Can u suggest any other alternative graphic card in the budget below 4000

ssb1551

Technomancer

Dude "sir" sounds way too formal & British:D..
SMC website - smcinternational.in
Well for under 4k you can have GT220,9500GT.But both aint that good.But Zotac 9600GT for around 4.4k should be good.But again 5670 512MB beats 9600GT for that price range.
And in ATI for around 4k(±.2/.3k) options are 5450,5550,4670.But again Sapphire HD5670 512MB beats all these cards at only 4.4k.
I would say call up smc & inquire about the availability of Sapphire 5670.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

else try get HD5570 1Gb DDR3 (not came across any 512Mb version). little cheaper than HD5670 but still not too much slower.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ though it's decent gfx card it's overpriced - last time I checked Sapphire HD5570 1GB DDR3 was 4.6k and Sapphire HD5570 1GB GDDR5 was 5.8k

Other Best Alternative is Sapphire HD5670 512MB @ 4.6/4.8k - get it from SMC or you may try lynx-india/techshop.in etc.

Under 4k - Sapphier HD4670 @ 3.9k or Zotac 9600GT Eco Edition @ 3.6 - make your choice.

sri1979

I have enquired with smc/lynx. HD 5670/512 is not available. I am literally in a catch 22 situation. I am not even getting MB(IGP-GPU) supporting AM2+ socket.

trickr18

hie all!!!! m planning to buy a graphics card about 512 mb or more bt my budget is around 6000 for laptop,can anyone suggest.my config is 500gb hdd,3gb ram,i5 core

ssb1551

Technomancer

dude you can't upgrade laptop's GPU and neither can you buy a new GPU for laptop!!

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

From another thread

A discrete graphic card can be upgraded by completely opening the laptop (Screen & all).
But this is pointless. Getting Mobile version of graphic card is difficult enough in US/UK let alone India.

The performance improvement will not be as good as a new laptop you can buy from the cards money and sale of current laptop.

EDIT : I googled a bit and 9300M is available for $200 in US.:lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ though it's decent gfx card it's overpriced - last time I checked Sapphire HD5570 1GB DDR3 was 4.6k and Sapphire HD5570 1GB GDDR5 was 5.8k

i should have mentioned. alternate to HD5670 is HD5570. if HD5670 isn't avl as its always in short supply.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

GTX 460 SE 1GB Benchmark Reviews

Last edited:

maxtrixkhan

Broken In

hi people for helping me fix the ATI -AERO (WIN 7) issue and also guiding e in purchasimg a good graphics card....
FINALLY AFTER REPEATED TRIAL AND ERROR METHODS I WAS ABLE TO FIND THE SOULTION FOR MY AERO PROBLEM I HAVE ALREADY UPLOADED THE DETAILS OF HOW TO IN BLOGSPOT AND WILL SOON UPLOAD HOW IN THINK DIGIT ALSO ONLY AFTER FEW OTHERS SAY THEIR OPINION ABOUT IT
THE ADDRESS IS
bon Voyage .......: SOLVED PROBLEMS #1 - WINDOWS 7 AERO ISSUE

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Guys nvidia is coming up with its dual gpu solution in the form of gtx 595. It will have 2 gtx 580 bridged together in a single pcb. Will be launched at the same time as Antilles from amd and both these cards will take on each other like never before.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ definitely not 2 X GTX580. maybe 2X GTX560 or so. else it'll break all records for power consumption as well as heat.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Guys nvidia is coming up with its dual gpu solution in the form of gtx 595. It will have 2 gtx 580 bridged together in a single pcb. Will be launched at the same time as Antilles from amd and both these cards will take on each other like never before.

Where you read this..?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Here are the links. Check this & this.

This also might sport two gf 114 (gtx 560) or might be two full fledged gf 110 gpu's. They are ready but nvidia is waiting for antilles.

@ sam.shab

Who know's, it might topple amd's apple cart and yes break records in form of benchmarks. And everybody knows what nvidia can do.There's absolutely no question about it. What say?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

so after a long time they are making dual gpu gfx cards.

Top Bottom