Graphics Cards related queries here.

maxtrixkhan

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

HI I GOT A BRAND NEW ASUS EAH 5670 HD IGB DDR5 GTRPPHICS CARD
ITS RUNNING IN WIN 7 AND SINCE I V INSTALLED, WIN 7 AERO IS NOT WORKING
I TRIED MANY THINGS BUT THE WINDOWS DISPLAY MANAGER IS NOT TURNING ON ,MY ATI CATALYST VERSION IS 8.782.1.0. please help
also my Medal of Honor Gameplay i am geting graphical glitches
no problem with fifa 11 though
please help my biggest issue is no aero for win 7

mohiuddin

Journeyman

HI I GOT A BRAND NEW ASUS EAH 5670 HD IGB DDR5 GTRPPHICS CARD
ITS RUNNING IN WIN 7 AND SINCE I V INSTALLED, WIN 7 AERO IS NOT WORKING
I TRIED MANY THINGS BUT THE WINDOWS DISPLAY MANAGER IS NOT TURNING ON ,MY ATI CATALYST VERSION IS 8.782.1.0. please help
also my Medal of Honor Gameplay i am geting graphical glitches
no problem with fifa 11 though
please help my biggest issue is no aero for win 7

try installing d 10.10e hotfix not 10.11 coz it s*cks.then try turn it on.or best,reinstall win7 nd install d hotfix.hope,it will work...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Remove your driver using the Driver Sweeper method. And then install 10.10E ccc+driver.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^ In ATi wen we update drivers directly without uninstalling the previous driver ! I get BSOD - Tried in my friend system with HD 5770

Is there anyway we can update drivers Easily ??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Best way it to completely remove the legacy driver and all related components (not the .net redistributables) and mount the new driver. At times the over-lay method causes confusion.

Driver Sweeper method is good if you cannot remove remnants, else remove just uninstall from the Windows manager, reboot, install, reboot.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

The way I figure - it will be faster than GTX460 768MB edition in all type of resolution ( though it's just a prediction of mine ).

One thing I expected from this card was more power efficiency but there seems to be none though benchmarks will reveal all later.

Buddy if the pricing of 460 se is anywhere near 8k , its going to decimate 5770 for sure. Darn i bought my 5750 for 7.5k:|

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

yep, @ 8k it would be great deal and will really put HD57xx series on hard competition but then again ATI may reduce the price of HD6850 or may even release a new gpu.

with 288 cores will it defeat gtx460.768mb !. I don't think so.

but the mem bus on GTX460SE is 256bit but GTX460 768MB has mem bus of only 192bit - so this mem difference should effect the performance and I've only predicted the performance difference and as I said some benchmarks will prove which one is strionger.

As of now we can only pray that this card price stays at 8k range.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Buddy if the pricing of 460 se is anywhere near 8k , its going to decimate 5770 for sure. Darn i bought my 5750 for 7.5k:|

It happens when u r buying new Components we ll make mistakes !:sad:

Best way it to completely remove the legacy driver and all related components (not the .net redistributables) and mount the new driver. At times the over-lay method causes confusion.

Driver Sweeper method is good if you cannot remove remnants, else remove just uninstall from the Windows manager, reboot, install, reboot.

it really hard to explain him cause he is just a basic noob !

But in Nvidia its really cool just install the new drivers thats all - no problem !

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
It is not that. Even with nVidia you have to do a complete removal. If your friend is using XP then he HAS TO remove old drivers, with Win7 he can get away with over lay. I use Win7 but still prefer to remove and install the Radeon drives.

maxtrixkhan

Broken In

try installing d 10.10e hotfix not 10.11 coz it s*cks.then try turn it on.or best,reinstall win7 nd install d hotfix.hope,it will work...

:oops: hi i read in one of the amd foeums that the catalyst driver itself is the troublemaker, someone commented that aero was ok after removing asus gamer OSD dunno where to find it in my computer,. also one more point there isno DWM in my registry ..... both in users and hkey local machine i tried to put one and restart didn8 help so please comment

mohiuddin

Journeyman

yep, @ 8k it would be great deal and will really put HD57xx series on hard competition but then again ATI may reduce the price of HD6850 or may even release a new gpu.

but the mem bus on GTX460SE is 256bit but GTX460 768MB has mem bus of only 192bit - so this mem difference should effect the performance and I've only predicted the performance difference and as I said some benchmarks will prove which one is strionger.

As of now we can only pray that this card price stays at 8k range.

can u post some benchmark-links(reliable) 4 460se if possible.btw,tesselation nd render heavy games will get a tiny boost from mem bus nd extra mem.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ I'm eagerly finding one and if I can even find a single one I'll post the benchmarks for sure.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

which one is better at 1600by1200 res.

gtx460 1gb or 6850 at stock.i m sick of seeing bechsites.

I downloaded avp bench dx11 few minutes before 2 bench my hd5770 from guru3d.com.but cann't mod config settings.it has a read me.txt file where mentioned--

<<"'The user may also specify the use of a config file to set various
rendering properties. If no config file is specified the Benchmark
will run at it's default settings (which are listed below).

To use a config file with the Benchmark, launch the exe with the
following on the command-line:
[/B]
-config=name_of_your_config.txt

An example config file is included in the same directory as the
Benchmark executable, with the name "AvP_Benchmark_Config.txt".

The default video settings, which can be changed, are:

* Resolution: Windows resolution at launch time
* Texture Quality: High (Low/Medium/High/Very High)
* Shadow Quality: High (Off/Low/Medium/High)
* Anisotropic Filtering: 16 (1 to 16)
* Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: On (Off/On)"'>>

i dont know how 2 open or use commandline or such other things.piz,help me 2 mod d config settings.i m really blind at this,so plz write as detail as u can, posting images of what should i do, will greatly be helpful.btw,i use win7.

guyz,what is this?

The NVIDIA Blog - Testing NVIDIA vs. AMD Image Quality

if those r true (hope not), amd should say ssssooorrrryyyy and giveup those tweaks from ccc and drivers.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

which one is better at 1600by1200 res.

gtx460 1gb or 6850 at stock.i m sick of seeing bechsites.

I downloaded avp bench dx11 few minutes before 2 bench my hd5770 from guru3d.com.but cann't mod config settings.it has a read me.txt file where mentioned--

<<"'The user may also specify the use of a config file to set various
rendering properties. If no config file is specified the Benchmark
will run at it's default settings (which are listed below).

To use a config file with the Benchmark, launch the exe with the
following on the command-line:
[/B]
-config=name_of_your_config.txt

An example config file is included in the same directory as the
Benchmark executable, with the name "AvP_Benchmark_Config.txt".

The default video settings, which can be changed, are:

* Resolution: Windows resolution at launch time
* Texture Quality: High (Low/Medium/High/Very High)
* Shadow Quality: High (Off/Low/Medium/High)
* Anisotropic Filtering: 16 (1 to 16)
* Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: On (Off/On)"'>>

i dont know how 2 open or use commandline or such other things.piz,help me 2 mod d config settings.i m really blind at this,so plz write as detail as u can, posting images of what should i do, will greatly be helpful.btw,i use win7.

guyz,what is this?

The NVIDIA Blog - Testing NVIDIA vs. AMD Image Quality

if those r true (hope not), amd should say ssssooorrrryyyy and giveup those tweaks from ccc and drivers.
You are referring to nVidia website about ati image control ability, net very useful.

Anyway all ATI 5xxx cards suffer from a filtering issue, you can see this in game from trackmania(also shown in anandtech hd6870 review), also 3dcenter filter tester shows this issue, this has been rectified as of HD6xxx series but all 5xxx owners are screwed, this issue ONLY crops up for some old dx9 games like unreal etc, most new games do not have this issue and its not a big one.

To use command lines you need to open command prompt, and navigate to the directory that has the game exe, then type according to the command.

Also another way to use these is to create a shortcut to the exe file and add the commands to the target path.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

^^the news is important as it is included from d third party 3dimage analysers.btw,in win7 how will i open comand prompt....i said im totally new in this line...(srry 4 bothering)

tkin

Back to school!!

^^the news is important as it is included from d third party 3dimage analysers.btw,in win7 how will i open comand prompt....i said im totally new in this line...(srry 4 bothering)
Open the start menu, type cmd in search box and go.

PS: This what filter tester shows for my HD5850:
*img140.imageshack.us/img140/2439/qweez.jpg

The two sides should be same, on my earlier 9800gtx+ they were same.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer

You can play most of the games though I doubt if you can play latest games at full HD resolution.For new games you might not be able play at full HD resolution with all the eye-candies turned on.
BTW what kinda games(genre n how old) are you planning to play?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ HD is maximum HD5670 can play & offer good playable FPS on almost all games. Full HD is a bit too much for that card. old games will be playable in Full HD but newer resource heavy ones, no chance.

sri1979

Right off the assembly line

I am having MB Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H due to lighting the integrated display is out, company refused to replace the mb and alternatively i am not getting AM2+ MB in similar capacity. I have got DDR2 RAM. Display is working if i use graphic card through pci slot. My budget is upto 4000, pls suggest a gud graphic card. I have tried for Sapphire HD 5670 512MB but the company person saying only 1 GB is available and 512Mb has been stopped. Pls advise. My processor is Athlon 64X2

Top Bottom