Graphics Cards related queries here.

mohiuddin

Journeyman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Does that budget of yours(10k) include both GPU & PSU or only GPU?
Anyways if 10k for both - since you've already opted for Giga PSU(around 2k) you would be left with 8k for GPU.In that case go for Sapphire HD5770.
If 10k for only GPU - I would suggest you to add 1.5k more & go for Sapphire HD6850 or MSI HD6850!!

i think gigabyte 5770 would be better than sapphire...coz cheaper,and also a solid performar.(i m using it)..and for psu go thermaltake450w.it is really a good psu.i m not so sure about Gigabyte superb psus

^^my budget of 10k is only for the GPU.

then go 4 6850 as ssb1551 suggested it..

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer

i think gigabyte 5770 would be better than sapphire...coz cheaper,and also a solid performar.(i m using it)..and for psu go thermaltake450w.it is really a good psu.i m not so sure about Gigabyte superb psus

Never seen Giga 5770 in any of the online stores.Though I've come across Biostar 5770.I'll look for it again at all the sites I know of.
Thermaltake PSUs are scarcely available.I couldn't find it in theitwares/techshop/smc.I'll look for it in mediahome(they might have) or deltapage.But shipping charges of mediahome are way too much.

Cilus

laborare est orare

My suggestion will be Zotac GTX 460 768 MB @ 10.25K. This card is more powerful than HD 5770 and will provide better gaming experience in gaming. Plus you will get CUDA and PhysX.
The price is from Lynx-India.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

Never seen Giga 5770 in any of the online stores.Though I've come across Biostar 5770.I'll look for it again at all the sites I know of.
Thermaltake PSUs are scarcely available.I couldn't find it in theitwares/techshop/smc.I'll look for it in mediahome(they might have) or deltapage.But shipping charges of mediahome are way too much.

my bad.in my area they r available...but if he find those he should go 4 those.

My suggestion will be Zotac GTX 460 768 MB @ 10.25K. This card is more powerful than HD 5770 and will provide better gaming experience in gaming. Plus you will get CUDA and PhysX.
The price is from Lynx-India.

don't u think 6850 4 around 11k~12k will be better than that768mb version...in fact 6850 is equal or a bit better than 460 1gb version.

Last edited:

clear_lot

Journeyman

^ and it OC'es like hell, to 6870 stock levels.
definitely an excellent buy for additional 1.2-1.7k. check smc.

edit: dunno how 6850 compares to gtx460 768mb after they BOTH are Oc'ed to their individual max speeds with voltage tweak.
how do their respective architectures respond to frequency scaling?
the way i compare cards is after they both have been OC to max.

also, @ desai_amogh, the games you play and the resolution will help in deciding between Nvidia and ati.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare

If 6850 is available @ 11K, then it is ok. Actually I suggested it considering tour budget

maxtrixkhan

Broken In

why don't u get it?crysis is a 2 years old game.we want new demanding games.btw,in ur settings crysis will no more be a problem 4 those.u could rather tell about metro 2033 .it will be a problem...but,we want new revolutionary games with dx11.nd no more games on dx9 or even dx10 only...

dude i accept you are right i just tested crysis warhead with all options on and in highest resolution man with only alittle bit overclocking say 10% i was able to get it run in 35 fps
but Metro 2033 is something else in DX11 with tesellation and all those stuff on i got only 20 fps man and during explosions not to mention i cant see anything man that slow . so i tried different settings finally i found out its good even at dx 10 and the anti aliasing should be changed to MS AAA thats all is needed

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz think tanks of think digit:lol::lol::grin::twisted::idea:

my bad.in my area they r available...but if he find those he should go 4 those.

don't u think 6850 4 around 11k~12k will be better than that768mb version...in fact 6850 is equal or a bit better than 460 1gb version.

people for your kind information ALL ati cards from 5xxx. sereis onwards will have physX capabilities if you have a doubt i will be demonstrating it on my blog in a few days i am searching for a better version of fraps
if PHysX and CUDA are the only problem you wonder aginst the ati series graphics cards Its time for you to start reading a lot
about what is PHysX ?????

Last edited:

sri1979

Right off the assembly line

Hi,

If i purchase Sapphire HD 5670 512 from Uk(as my friend is there and returning next week) will it work in the india. I mean is the product universaly usable or its country wise.Pls also advise whether PCI express connector(smps) is required for installing this card

mohiuddin

Journeyman

make it more clear about phyx.give a link.will my 5770 support phyx?

Hi,

If i purchase Sapphire HD 5670 512 from Uk(as my friend is there and returning next week) will it work in the india. I mean is the product universaly usable or its country wise.Pls also advise whether PCI express connector(smps) is required for installing this card

yea,no problem 2 run in india.no pci connector is needed.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

ATI card uses physics processing capabilities by Havok and Ageia is making it for nvidia.

There was some rumors that you can install physX ( Nvidia+Ageia ) driver for ATI gfx cards though they were some kind of moded driver.

And some people claim that they have succeeded to enable physyx effects in some games with ATI gfx cards.

But I don't think any of this is true - to get nvidia physX with an ATI gfx card you need to have a discrete nvidia gpu and configure it as a PPU through modified drivers.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Aegia PhysX : Developed by Aegia and taken over by nVidia. Cannot render on ATI.

Havok : Physics SDK developed by the same. Runs off the CPU.

Cilus

laborare est orare

I think PhysX is not possible with any ATI card till now. They have the firepower to run it but the PhysX library has been implemented not to be run on any hardware other than Nvidia.

Now only thing is possible is to add an Nvidia card as dedicated PhysX card along with the ATI card by using some hacked Nvdia driver.
Actually this is a marketing policy by Nvidia to highlight their cards and show people that they have it, forget about the performance.
There is an in-depth review available in Toms hardware where they displayed when single card is used for Game+PhysX and single Card + CPU PhysX, the performance difference is minimal. Only dedicated PhysX enabled cards having power greater than equal to 9600 GT (64 stream processor) if added then can only show some significant performance over CPU PhysX.

The reason behind it is currently PhysX is using older X87 instruction set of CPU and Nvidia does not optimize it for using SSE2, SSE3 or new SSE4. If optimized, CPU physX actually has bright future.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy

hi guys

i wana buy an amd radeon gpu below 10k

have been using an xfx 8600gt, but aint too happy with it (overheating issues and multiple rma), am currently on my 3rd 8600
service is not an issue as i have personal terms with the distributor

i have shortlisted the 5770
but i am confused about which brand to go with
the msi hawk edition looks good but i have never used an msi product before and have no idea about their service support, same is the case with sapphire

is there any other card i should be lukin at, that fits the budget
will be using the new card for 2-3 yrs

i am currently using an 19" with 1440x900 resol. which i am planning to upgrade to 22"

my system-
phenom 955be
asus m4a87td evo
2gb corsair ddr3
corsair vx550

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer

If you game at 1920×1080 resolution then it would be better to get 6850(for around 11k).If you game at 1650×1050 resolution then get 5770!!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

@vishalg

around 10k you might find gtx460 768mb. although i will say spend 1k more for sapphire 6850. BTW mention your system please.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy

the 6850 will be outside my budget, whereas eve a oc 5770 like msi r5770 hawk is well within my budget
BTW is there a lot of performance diff between 5770 and 6850 coz spec wise they seem very similar

system info added

what about the service support of msi and sapphire in india??

wana go with radeon only

Top Bottom