Graphics Cards related queries here.

vwad

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

If I buy Intel i5-760 and a cheap P55 based mobo with a entry level graphics card , will the power of proccy used while encoding the videos ?

Dude its a kickass card!! and you got it at really nice price. I got the same card a few days ago... or max a month ago for 14 k ...Its really runs cool because of its " cyclone" cooler:evil:

Within month there has been a substantial decline in the price of GTX460 and its price will decline further when ATI launches HD6xxx series card, those cards will give stiff competition to GTX460

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101

^^
With all maxed out an 1080pi your card will stutter at times on BC2. What have you set DoF..?

what does DoF mean?

tried reducing AA?

Well i reduced it in mafia 2.. and its running smooth now..I had maxxed out everything in mafia 2.. then slowly reduced AA nd disabled the PhysX also :(

Within month there has been a substantial decline in the price of GTX460 and its price will decline further when ATI launches HD6xxx series card, those cards will give stiff competition to GTX460

Yeah..true ...

Vicky Mate

Broken In

All the members of this forums pls help me to gain more knowledge about graphics cards.

Which RAM is better DDR2, DDR3, DDR5, GDDR3, GDDR5 ???
What is the difference between them ???

If I put ATI 4870 1G in Acer 5742G will it this combo work ????
How will be the performance???

Is it good idea to replace default gfx card n to put better one ???
As it may decrease the performance.....

If the answer for 3rd question is yes, and my budget is Rs. 10,000/-, then which gfx card should I buy???

Vicky Mate

Broken In

All the members of this forums pls help me to gain more knowledge about graphics cards.

If I put ATI 4870 1G graphics card in Acer 5742G will it this combo work ????

Is it a good idea to replace default gfx card and to put better one ???

If the answer for 3rd question is yes, and my budget is Rs. 10,000/-, then which gfx card should I buy???

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz

Hello guys,

1. i want to buy GTX460 768MB can anyone plz mention price of different brands?

2. Also i want an SMPS too. here only hytech, iball,odyssey, enter etc. local SMPS are available. they barely give 16A on +12V. i found a dealer who sells zebronics products. i can get any zeb. SMPS from there.

should i buy this?
Products - Pro Series, Power Supplies, Computer Cabinets, Keyboards, Mouses, Speakers, Web Cameras, Jet, Hawk, Shivaji, Antibiotic

this has twin +12V rail with 19A on each. what that means? 19A total or 38A ? [19+19A]

review says GTX460 768MB requires 24A on +12V rails

or shud i go for iball sprinter 450/500W ?
iBall ? Your eyeball view. Our technology new.

[not sure about +12V Amperage]

NO CM,TAGAN, Gigabyte, VIP etc. are available and i cant buy online.

3. i will buy when southern islands will launch. how much price fall is expected?

thx.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Brands to look for is MSI or Zotac expect to pay 11.5-12k for MSi and 10.5-11k for zotac.

if no other PSU brand is available then get the zebby pro 500W psu though I doubt the rating of 19a+19a - it's simply over rated- they at max can give you 32A ( acc to the link you provided ).

it's very hard to comment on the price cut as ATI 6xxx has not launched yet but the price will fall for sure and my guess is it could be 1-2k at max.

BTW, where are you from and what's the price you your dealer is asking for that zeby pro 500W psu ?

If I put ATI 4870 1G graphics card in Acer 5742G will it this combo work ????

Is it a good idea to replace default gfx card and to put better one ???

GDDR5 is the best memory currently available for gfx card though you also have to consider memory bit width along with it.

to know the difference in detail search in wikipedia - it will give you a fair amount of idea.

you simply can not put a HD4870 into Acer 5742g as it's a laptop and the gfx card is meant to be installed on desktop pcs.

if you talking about laptop then you will not be able to do that very easily but if you are talking about gfx solution integrated with mobos of desktop pcs then you can easily buy a gfx card around 5k mark and it will easily outperform any IGP solution.

if you are going to put a gfx card inside a desktop pc ( provided mobo has one pci-e x16 slot ) then get MSI HD5770 HAWK or Sapphire HD5770 1GB gfx or else you can also consider Zotac GTX 460 768MB @ 10.9k.

vwad

In the zone

If I buy Intel i5-760 and a cheap P55 based mobo with a entry level graphics card , will the power of proccy used while encoding the videos ?

Can anyone please answer me about this ? :eek:

vwad

In the zone

^^ Brands to look for is MSI or Zotac expect to pay 11.5-12k for MSi and 10.5-11k for zotac.

if no other PSU brand is available then get the zebby pro 500W psu though I doubt the rating of 19a+19a - it's simply over rated- they at max can give you 32A ( acc to the link you provided ).

it's very hard to comment on the price cut as ATI 6xxx has not launched yet but the price will fall for sure and my guess is it could be 1-2k at max.

BTW, where are you from and what's the price you your dealer is asking for that zeby pro 500W psu ?

GDDR5 is the best memory currently available for gfx card though you also have to consider memory bit width along with it.

to know the difference in detail search in wikipedia - it will give you a fair amount of idea.

you simply can not put a HD4870 into Acer 5742g as it's a laptop and the gfx card is meant to be installed on desktop pcs.

if you talking about laptop then you will not be able to do that very easily but if you are talking about gfx solution integrated with mobos of desktop pcs then you can easily buy a gfx card around 5k mark and it will easily outperform any IGP solution.

if you are going to put a gfx card inside a desktop pc ( provided mobo has one pci-e x16 slot ) then get MSI HD5770 HAWK or Sapphire HD5770 1GB gfx or else you can also consider Zotac GTX 460 768MB @ 10.9k.

Thanks topgear !! Great Informative Post :adore:

Cilus

laborare est orare

Can anyone please answer me about this ? :eek:
1st of all, if you are not using Video encoders without GPU support, CPU is the all you got for converting.
Obviously, the CPU will be utilized to convert/encode the video. Now the performance of the encoding will also depend upon the used software. If the software is heavily multithreaded and multicore aware (example Handbrake, TMPGENNC, MediaCoder), then it will utilize all the cores of your processor and the performance will be better.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi, I have P4 pc.
How I update my graphics card for updating games.

-----------------------------------------
help please
dude find out your motherboard's graphics slot, if it is PCI-e or AGP.

i had P4 PC which Had AGP slot. i installed FX5500 and it was enough for games released before 2007.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz

Thx dude,

i have not asked the price for that PSU since i will buy in next 3 months. i will try my best to get a CM,TAGAN, corsair, gigabyte. 460W or more.

i am from gorakhpur in UP.
i have GT240 at this time with a local hytech SMPS which gives 19A on +12V rail. i had too trouble finding a PSU with 18+ A.

n00b Dealers. one dealer said that PSUs have only 2-3A. 18A's PSU needs a big transformer like the 'bijli wibhag wala transformer' :p

he was not listening that i want 18A or more on +12V rail.

32A is good but what it means by V1 = 19A and V2 = 19A?

is it safe for GTX460? i am n00b in these things.

Vicky Mate

Broken In

Thanx for your reply. I went to Acer mall near my place. I live in Pune n went to Acer Mall on Karve road, Pune. Representative over their told me you can replace it @ any acer service center But it will after 1 year as it will void the warranty.
Thanx for our advice on msi and zotac.....respect :grin:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI

Which would be better GTX460 or HD 5850??
Or Which is the best alternative of GTX460 in ATI???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks topgear !! Great Informative Post :adore:

you welcome.

Thx dude,

i have not asked the price for that PSU since i will buy in next 3 months. i will try my best to get a CM,TAGAN, corsair, gigabyte. 460W or more.

i am from gorakhpur in UP.
i have GT240 at this time with a local hytech SMPS which gives 19A on +12V rail. i had too trouble finding a PSU with 18+ A.

n00b Dealers. one dealer said that PSUs have only 2-3A. 18A's PSU needs a big transformer like the 'bijli wibhag wala transformer' :p

he was not listening that i want 18A or more on +12V rail.

32A is good but what it means by V1 = 19A and V2 = 19A?

is it safe for GTX460? i am n00b in these things.

V1=19A and V2=19A means that PSu use two separate rails to provide +12V and each +12V rail could carry 19A.

Now at the combined source of +12V the PSU can only provide 32A - so each +12V could carry 18A separately but can not provide more than 32A simultaneously.

32A is enough for GTX 460 though it would be better to get brands like Corsair, CM, seasonic etc.

Thanx for your reply. I went to Acer mall near my place. I live in Pune n went to Acer Mall on Karve road, Pune. Representative over their told me you can replace it @ any acer service center But it will after 1 year as it will void the warranty.
Thanx for our advice on msi and zotac.....respect :grin:

that representative is a dumb fool - don't listen to him.
If you buy that laptop you will have use the default gfx comes with always.

Top Bottom