Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Clean install windows 7 one more time and install only the driver only package for your gfx card without CCC - try playing some game and see if the the game crashes or not.

if the game is not crashing then it seems to be some kind of sw prob in CCC.

Also if you want to use CCC then install dotnet 3.5 SP1 pack and dotnet 4 from M$ just to be updated with all latest dot net frameworks runtime components and don't forget to install the latest mobo, sound and directX run time as well.

Cilus

laborare est orare

hi cilus thanks for the info..now tell me is the msi hd5770 is safe now to buy as it had some bugware:twisted::twisted: and it was yet to fix...???

secondly how did u oced ur proccy can u help me to do it...!!! itried :sad:the easytune 6 utility but didnt work...???:neutral:

thanks in adv...!!!:-o

You can download AMD Overdrive utility. Through this utility uou can control everything of your system, ig you are having AMD 7XX chipset based mobo.
Now your processor is a BE one, so by increasing the CPU multiplier you can directly overclock your system. 3.4 GHz won't be any problem. For going beyond 3.6 GHz and beyond, you need to increase voltage a little for better stability. You can do it by increasing multiplier also, but voltage tweak will yield better stability.
Check Gutu3d or TomsHardware website for guide. They even have list of stable voltage/Multiplier values. You can save your profile also, and directly load it to AMD overdrive. If your profile is stable, it can be updated to BIOS through AMD overdrive also

Which will be the best 'nvidia' card within 5k?
XFX 9600 GT 512 MB GDDR3 will fit within your budget. Buy You can find lot of better options from ATI based cards. Get a HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 based card. Then you will get performance better than 9800GT and DirectX11, eye-finity etc. Sapphire one is available @ 5k

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Performance wise 9800GT is better than HD5670 but if you compare power consumption then HD5670 is a clear winner anyday :p

@ sandeepk - you welcome - try and let us know.

@ mathikutty - if you don't want to spend for a new PSU and want something from nvidia then get GT240 otherwise Hd5670 is a better choice.

Arnab boss

In the zone

hi guys going now to buy a moniter mostly my choise is samsung sw2233 but is benq g220hd better than samsung and secondly the gpu probably msi 5770 hawk if i get it or the normal one...will it b wise to go for gts 250...twi

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

GTS 450 has launched but no price cut for old card like GTS 250,still over 7K(1GB) at local market & 512MB not avilable...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

GTS 250 series will be replaced with GTS 450 series and I think GTS 250 is now EOL and GTS 450 is the mainstream card now - it consumes lesser power and performs better than the previous one - so it's costs a little bit more.

@ Arnab boss - no point in going for GTS 250 and HAWK HD5770 is better than normal HD5770 and worth the premium.

Arnab boss

In the zone

Hawk is not available and the normal one is still 8.9k +....' but m.d computers told tht the prices might slash in nxt month...?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

yep the prices of gpu seems to be fall in next 2-3 months.

just let AMD release their 67xx series gpu and enter it into local market and then buy a gfx card - you would find a better deal if you can wait that long.

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster

I am getting a GTX 460 768MB. Can ne 1 suggest me the best one. It should be around 11k. not more then that.
Thanx

Piyush

Lanaya

zotac is the brand u should look for
and Palit is the brand u should avoid :razz:

adinathauti

Broken In

I'm havin a problem,I got my 5670,but it wont run,no booting on PC.Will a VIP400R PSU be suffice for my card?

monkey

Padawan

I am buying Dell U2311H and will be playing games (all types) at default resolution of 1920x1080 with medium settings. Is my GPU (9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3) sufficient for this?

Cilus

laborare est orare

I am buying Dell U2311H and will be playing games (all types) at default resolution of 1920x1080 with medium settings. Is my GPU (9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3) sufficient for this?

Well, it will run all the games on Full HD resolution, but for some games probably you have to lower the settings than medium. Batman Arkum Asylum, Mafia II with their PhysX enabled, will throw intense pressure to the Gfx card.

monkey

Padawan

Well, it will run all the games on Full HD resolution, but for some games probably you have to lower the settings than medium. Batman Arkum Asylum, Mafia II with their PhysX enabled, will throw intense pressure to the Gfx card.

Should I upgrade to GTX460 (1GB)? Considering my system config (mentioned in my signature), will GTX460 be bottlenecked?

Cilus

laborare est orare

Yep,CPU will be bottlenecked...

Ya, highly possible, until you provide a decent amount of overclock to your system. Better stick with the 9800 GTX+ for some times and check if you are facing some show-stopper for gaming. If not, then don't upgrade right now. Upgrade @ your next system upgrade:smile:.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Just get Amd Phenom X2 550 as for low budget cpu - but playing @ full hd is impossible ! but u can play @ 720p

Top Bottom