Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Check this out guys: GTX 460 1GB SLI vs. HD 5850 CFX redux
So, ATI has finally fixed their crossfire issue and the two cards are back to where they should be: 2 x 5850 > 2 x 460 (though the difference is small)
Its time to get back to the drawing boards for the Nvidia drivers team if they want to keep their edge :cool:

but GTX 460 is meant to be compared with HD5830 not HD5850 - so there's no surprise why HD5850 performed a little better with new drivers.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies

^yes GTX460 1GB shud be compared with HD5830....& not HD5850
Yes, it has always been like that (HD5850>GT460) in terms of single card. But the scenario changed a whole lot in CFX/SLI configuration with the earlier driver where "The Galaxy GTX 460 1GB SLI simply lays the smack down on HD 5850 CrossFireX".
This prompted ATI to look at their drivers & subsequently the "bug" is now fixed.... thanks to the review.
Still the performance difference is quite small comparing with the cost. Probably the 6xxx series would finally bring some justice to it. (God knows when it will be released truly, that too hit Indian shores :sad:)

gowrishankar18

Right off the assembly line

hi i am new here,
my pc config are
processor :intel core 2 duo e8400
motherboard :intel DG41BI
ram :dynet 2 gb ddr3 667mhz
power supply :Mron 700watts
most important graphics card nvidia quadro FX 580

the problem is when i play nfs carbon in full detail it doesn't work smoothly also farcry shows thick foggy appearence in the screen .
what i wonder is my friend 's inspiron 15 laptop having ati 550v graphics and core i3 processor is able to play in full detail with max anti aliasing and texture filtering i just want to know my PC capability ..thanks in advance

Arnab boss

In the zone

guys r the problem with the ati bug r fixed....?? is it safe to buy ati chipset cards i.e msi hd5770 or still there is a risk...???

Piyush

Lanaya

no news about that so far
but its not that every 5xxx ati card will have this bug

Arnab boss

In the zone

guys i was thinking this but then i remember tht my luck is not favoring these days in buying computer hardware as u know tht my psu got fried in 4 days and the cm fan got burnt in fraction of second...so why take risk and more over i am not keen to buy tht hd5770 @9k +rather wait for 2 months and then get a hd 5850 when the prices get slashed...if not then get it after pujas...!!!!!!!!

wht say guys...????

Piyush

Lanaya

guys i was thinking this but then i remember tht my luck is not favoring these days in buying computer hardware as u know tht my psu got fried in 4 days and the cm fan got burnt in fraction of second...so why take risk and more over i am not keen to buy tht hd5770 @9k +rather wait for 2 months and then get a hd 5850 when the prices get slashed...if not then get it after pujas...!!!!!!!!

wht say guys...????

even if u given 2 months time how much can u spend?

when 6xx series will be launch,the prices of 5xxx series will surely come down but dont expect huge margin

Cilus

laborare est orare

Yes, performance wise HD 4890 is better than HD 5770, except the DirectX 11 support and Eye finity Support. The direct descendant of HD 4890 is HD 5830. But ATI 5XXX series cards consume less power than the 4XXX series cards.

abhidev

Human Spambot

Yes, performance wise HD 4890 is better than HD 5770, except the DirectX 11 support and Eye finity Support. The direct descendant of HD 4890 is HD 5830. But ATI 5XXX series cards consume less power than the 4XXX series cards.

How much does HD4890 cost?

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Yes don't trust any store blindly.Today every shops refer asus,palit and xfx first before referring other brand

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ good but comes with its own set of problems. same for Asus. good brand, lots of issues & a bad dealer.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Gigabyte & MSI r rare in Kolkkata.
If u find that will be not popular model.
Like u will see GT220/210 not the GTS450 or 9600GT of Gigabyte...

mohiuddin

Journeyman

in dirt2 london battersea route benchmark in1280by1024res 4msaa ultra dx11 give 38fps(minimum)

in 8msaa give 35fps(minimum)
WHY????

config:gigabyte hd5770
intelQ6600
win7
ati con centre _all default

Top Bottom