Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

HD5770 is way more better compared to GTS 250 and the power consumption of HD5770 is also very less and it's runs very cool as well.

So grab HD5770 if you can.

BTW, how much they are asking for HD5770 ??

For monitor your other alternative option should be Benq G2220HD @ 7.5k

Hey guys, finally received the GTX460 Cyclone 1GB OC from SMC International (13.6k...VAT+shipping included). :mrgreen: Packaging was excellent and got CST paid and adjusted bill. Check out the details I've posted here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1281881-post5536.html

congrats ! enjoy some delightful gaming time :p

Last edited:

Arnab boss

In the zone

they quoted msi 5770 @ 8900+ and hawk for 9800+ is this ok or should opt for something else...?
my mobo has a hd4250 inbuilt and can b crossfire with any ati card above 5450...so thinking of hd 5670..??? wht say guys...!!!!!!!!!!!

moniter is this benq g2220hd is better than samsung sw2233...???

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

IMO hawk is overpriced. go with normal msi hd5770. its price is good.
the onboard graphics cant be hybrid crossfired with every card. its only with some low end models. and hybrid crossfire is utter crap.

Arnab boss

In the zone

^^^so whts ur opinion should go go with normal one or spend few bucks for the hawk..and is the bugware prob is solved in ati or still has a risk...???

secondly is it wise to xfire the onboard graphics with this card or just use it single...????

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101

Hi Guys

Finally received my MSI GTX460 1GB .. Its OC edition :-o ...But I am facing one problem in my cabinet.. cabinet is small ( Its Circle , dont remember the model)... I had to reemove one HDD to accomodate the card as it way bigger than my old 7600GS . The cooler is also , huge . I guess i will need to buy a new cabby now:? .. So, Any suggestions ?? How is cooler master elite ? Can it accommodate this card ? I dont want to spend more money ... any cheap cabinet frm CM? sabse sasta ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

the onboard graphics cant be hybrid crossfired with every card. its only with some low end models. and hybrid crossfire is utter crap.

yup. Hybrid Xfire good only to hear. not by performance.

secondly is it wise to xfire the onboard graphics with this card or just use it single...????

Hybrid Xfire possible only for HD5450, HD4550, HD4350 & some earlier cards. and all you'll get is performance thats just a few % better than the low end card. total waste of money. don't go for it.

Arnab boss

In the zone

sam.shab ...if i add a hd5770 card with the onboard chipset 4250 will it boost performance or its just a crap...????
as i read in gigabytes manual tht the onboard chipset graphivs can b xfired with 5450 or above cards...!!!!!!!!!

sandeepk

Journeyman

I am using Sapphire ATI 4670 512 MB with onboard HDMI.
I am facing the issue of atikmdag crashing several times (on Windows 7 32). I have installed several different versions of CCC in hope if will work but to no success yet. I am currently using 10.8 version.
There are multitude of people facing the same issue as per the web search. I have tried to do as much as possible to tackle this issue. Is anybody here facing the same issue? And has anybody finally found the solution?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

did you tried same on a clean install of Win7? also tried removing the old left over of driver using DriveSweeper?

Cilus

laborare est orare

sam.shab ...if i add a hd5770 card with the onboard chipset 4250 will it boost performance or its just a crap...????
as i read in gigabytes manual tht the onboard chipset graphics can b xfired with 5450 or above cards...!!!!!!!!!

No it will not boost your performance. Hybrid SLI with HD 4250 will only work with very low level Graphics cards like HD 4330, HD 3470/3450 etc and may be HD 5470.. If you even plug HD 4550, IGP will not work simultaneously.

So plugging 5770 will simply disable it. In my mobo I am also having ATI HD 4200 as IGP and it is disabled.

Arnab boss

In the zone

No it will not boost your performance. Hybrid SLI with HD 4250 will only work with very low level Graphics cards like HD 4330, HD 3470/3450 etc and may be HD 5470.. If you even plug HD 4550, IGP will not work simultaneously.

So plugging 5770 will simply disable it. In my mobo I am also having ATI HD 4200 as IGP and it is disabled.

hi cilus thanks for the info..now tell me is the msi hd5770 is safe now to buy as it had some bugware:twisted::twisted: and it was yet to fix...???

secondly how did u oced ur proccy can u help me to do it...!!! itried :sad:the easytune 6 utility but didnt work...???:neutral:

thanks in adv...!!!:-o

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@sandeepk, can you provide details about your pc's config?

@Arnab boss, get rib of that Easy tune stuff. its far better (& safe) to OC from BIOS.

Arnab boss

In the zone

dont know abt this and dont hav any idea how to oc frm bios...?????

so need help of u guys...my rig details r in my signature and just add the hd5770 card and a cm 690 case fan for proccy cooling....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ as you going OC using stock cooler, get some new TIM. not some cheap one. something good. cause AMD cooler are small. with bad TIM (stock one) processor will badly heat up soon (maybe in a couple of weeks time).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ Arnab boss - though the price of HAWK is little bit overpriced around 500 bucks I think it's better to invest in the HAWK edition gfx card - The cooler on the HAWK is far more better than the plain HD5770 card.

Top Bottom