Graphics Cards related queries here.

kaudey

Journeyman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I recently got this configuration:

1. Phenom X2 555BE
2. Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2
3. Sapphire HD Redeon 5670 1GB
4. 2GB OCZ DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
5. CoolerMaster xtreme 500W
6. WD 500GB Green
7. LG DVD writer
8. Zebronics Bijli (Cabinet)

Can anyone please comment on the Radeon 5670? This is a DX11 GPU, right? Where can I download DX11 from? Also I am planning to buy a 22" monitor which will complement my GPU. Please provide inputs (HDMI connect is prefferred.)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ DX 11 can be downloaded for Vista- actually they were released as Platform Update :p

KB971512 32 Bit Vista 4.6 mb ( Windows6.0-KB971512-x86.msu )
Download details: Update for Windows Vista (KB971512)

KB971512 64 bit Vista 9.4 mb ( Windows6.0-KB971512-x64.msu )
Download details: Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB971512)

*support.microsoft.com/kb/971644

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

^^ DX 11 can be downloaded for Vista- actually they were released as Platform Update :p

Description of the Platform Update for Windows Server 2008 and the Platform Update for Windows Vista

hmm..then wat abt windows 7 :grin:

pulsar_swift

Youngling

ya, i have one question. I am using Media Player Home Cinema on WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE. I am getting a error that DX9 framework is missing to enable shaders. What should i do here ?

Cilus

laborare est orare

ya, i have one question. I am using Media Player Home Cinema on WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE. I am getting a error that DX9 framework is missing to enable shaders. What should i do here ?

This error is coming because, you don't have the latest DirectX 9 distribution installed in your system (off the topic: probably u uninstalled Mass Effect or any other games). Download the latest DirectX 9 distribution for Win 7 and install it.
You can find it also inside the Mass Effect DVD you have.
Basically DX10 and and DX11 cannot be updated or downloaded. They are basically some extra set of instructions available. Most of the updates normally take place in DX9.
Install it and the error message won't be coming.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ KaranTh85 - windows 7 comes with DX11 - no need to download it separately :p

@ pulsar_swift - at Cilus has pointed out get the latest DirectX redistributable package from M$ ( June 2010 - the latest one ).

@ Cilus - there is no latest directx 9 distribution buddy ( it's only DirectX End-User Runtimes ) as M$ as ditched the naming scheme coz the latest Directx redistributable package can be used with vista and windows 7 as well :p

BTW, here's the download link for DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) :
*download.microsoft.com/download/8/...-82AF-AD2AE20B6B14/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

More info : Download details: DirectX Redist (June 2010)

techgeekcrusador_anuj

Right off the assembly line

hey buddy......i wannna buy a new gfx card within the range of rs. 5k-8k. Am confused to go 4 an ati or nvidia......i hv heard dat at entry level nvidia serves the best...m totally confused..so i seek ur help asap n mah system config is as follows:-
c2q 6600 processor
4gb ddr2 ram
msi motherboard
and hw cn i check dat whether the gfx is compatible with my motherboard or not..??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ techgeekcrusador_anuj - post your specs clearly

Mention the Model name/number of your mobo and if possible the chipset

Which PSu do you have - Brand Name - Model Name and Wattage ??

If you have a good PSU :

The best gfx card between 5-8 range is GTS 250 1 GB DDR3 @ 7.5 ( perf wise )

Another good one is HD 5750 around 8K ( power consumption and performance wise )

But the best one is HD 5770 around 9k - biostar has a HD5770 @ 8.7k - if you can go grab it.

If you want a card which does not need a external power power plug then HD5670 512MB is your best bet @ 5.5K - it has 15-20% low performance compared to 9800GT which is another good card but requires a external power plug.

Cilus

laborare est orare

r Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.
@ KaranTh85 - windows 7 comes with DX11 - no need to download it separately :razz:

@ pulsar_swift - at Cilus has pointed out get the latest DirectX redistributable package from M$ ( June 2010 - the latest one ).

@ Cilus - there is no latest directx 9 distribution buddy ( it's only DirectX End-User Runtimes ) as M$ as ditched the naming scheme coz the latest Directx redistributable package can be used with vista and windows 7 as well :razz:

BTW, here's the download link for DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) :
*download.microsoft.com/downlo...010_redist.exe

More info : Download details: DirectX Redist (June 2010)

Oops. My Mistake. :-(:-(
Thanks TopGear for pointing it out.

gourav.gunjan

Broken In

hi guys, i m fresher in gaming world, i got my pc assembled with intel DG35EC motherboard, (2x2)GB 800Mhz DDR2 Ram, with intel core2 Duo E7500 processor. I have compac q2009 (1600x900) desktop. I want to buy a new graphics card for 5-6k. I searched through net and found ATI Radeon HD 5750 (512MB) fitting best in the price.
can anyone suggest me where this graphics card can be bought in kolkalta. or any other graphics card will be better. I m intrested in playing some of the lastest games.

Cilus

laborare est orare

1st of all for using a HD 5750, you need a good PSU. Let us know what is your current PSU and its rating.
if your PSU is not good enough, Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k will be a good choice.

LeeRain

Right off the assembly line

DX 11 can be downloaded for Vista- actually they were released as Platform Update :p

Description of the Platform Update for Windows Server 2008 and the Platform Update for Windows Vista

[/URL]*www.bspconstruction.com.au

Last edited:

r4gs

In the zone

hi,
Need a new g card for my friend.

Budget 5-8k

PC as far as i know,

intel c2d e4300
1gb ram DDR2 800MHz
ho hum psu- probably 450W intex

Note1: I suggested an upgrade to at least 2gb ram so budget will come down accordingly.

Note2: I'm really out of date and have no idea which card is good currently.

Thanks.

Top Bottom