Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ your GTA IV game is not working - right or it's crashing after starting the game ??

Try to patch the game to the latest version and download latest gfx card drivers from nvidia.

BTW, on which OS you are running this game ?

here's is the patch and download link :

Grand Theft Auto IV Patch 1.0.7.0
*updates.rockstargames.com/patches/gtaiv/title_update_7_EN.zip
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

Yup mate GTA4 is not working..it starts but just b4 getting on the start Menu ,it crashes and gives me this report.
I am using Win XP Home (sp3) and am having all drivers updated.Plz help me out ....SOme years back i happend to visit a Forum on some site where people used to decode the Report ...if u can do that for me....i wud the happiest guy!
Wht exactly is causing the crash?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ niraj trehan - I can't tell you why exactly the game is crashing as I won't be able to decode it any further - there are many online forums regarding this where you can post such error report. If nothing is fixing your issue try to contact the game publisher - they might be able to help you out or else there are many forums related to GTA - try asking your question there.

Have you patched the game to the latest version

I remember once I was not able to run CoD 4 - after I updated it to the latest versionI was able to play it .

BTW, I've played a few missions of GTA IV on vista x64 home premium - never faced a error coz I updated the game before even launching it :p

@ KaranTh85 - I use ( or try to use ) trilinear most of the time but if the game fells slow I go down to bilinear :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Niraj:
Which GPU you have, you signature does not make sense. Do one thing, run Furmark is the system stable.

pulsar_swift

Youngling

i think he is using a GTX 280 1GB now. He seems to given the history of the card he used previously

i think he is using a GTX 280 1GB now. He seems to given the history of the card he used previously
U are spot on mate!!!

Actually i used a clever wit to make a fool out of Rashi Peripherals!!

I had GTX XXX 8800.....It happened to crash down due to heat!
now it was under warranty and I asked them to replace the same!

they said that HEat issues arent edealt in warranty.
I sent them a letter from Consumer Court :mrgreen::mrgreen:.
and they reacted like whoaa!!
I said U people were like A$$****s and gave me mental trauma and all stuff !:-D:-D:-D

and they said they dont have the model 8800GTX xXX in store and i have to wait for 5 months.
I said u can retake the value of my card and i will buy another card of same price tag...now the card was 8 months old !
and by then GTX models were out!
they gave me GTX 260 ....i used it for a week or so,and again contacted them taht it is underperforming my last card and i need a upper Version of teh card...adn they gave me GTX 280 by taking just 1k more!
so overall my gtx 280 cae for 40k which was actually of 49k at that time!!

heheheheh

I shared this info previously wid u people but hid that Consumer thingy !!!:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

@Can u give me download for furmark....I found a trojan file!

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

@ niraj trehan - I can't tell you why exactly the game is crashing as I won't be able to decode it any further - there are many online forums regarding this where you can post such error report. If nothing is fixing your issue try to contact the game publisher - they might be able to help you out or else there are many forums related to GTA - try asking your question there.

Have you patched the game to the latest version

I remember once I was not able to run CoD 4 - after I updated it to the latest versionI was able to play it .

BTW, I've played a few missions of GTA IV on vista x64 home premium - never faced a error coz I updated the game before even launching it :p
Mate the game worked fine without the patch 3 -4 months earlier!
and i searched a lot of Forums///but no help....its not a GTA4 prob....
Some driver is conflicting....
I need a tech forum where this REPORT can be decoded.
can u gimme a link of such a forum if u knw!

PLZZZZZZ

gourav.gunjan

Broken In

@ LeeRain - why you've re-posted my earlier post ??!!!

@ gourav.gunjan - rest assured that you will not get HD5750 @ 6 k anywhere in here - better get a HD5670 512MB @ ~ 5.5k or else extend your budget a little more - say 8.5-9k.

BTW, as cilus has asked what psu you are using - brand name and wattage ??

@ r4gs - your friend will need a good psu .

For gfx card along with a good PSU try getting Gigabyte Superb 460W @ 2.2K along with Palit GTS 250 512MB GDDr3 @ 6k.

ummm... i dont have a nice enough psu... it has 450 watt power supply and brand name is circle.. well thats not popular i know.. but it even does not have any 6 pin power connector which is neccesary.. well u said that getting 5750 is not possible at 6k... how much does it cost???also i found that gts 250 costs about 7-8k.. from where will i get it at 6k????? thankx for reply..:)

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

1st of all for using a HD 5750, you need a good PSU. Let us know what is your current PSU and its rating.
if your PSU is not good enough, Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k will be a good choice.

i think u r right i need to get new psu.. but my older ones too has a power rating of 450 watts... but does not has any 6 pin..power connector...but there are plenty of 4 pin connectors.. brand name is circle.. (i know its not famous one, but that was only in shop and the shopkeeper made me n my father convinced thats good.)... now what should i do.. i have a budget of 6k for graphics card and abt 2k for psu..

Last edited:

Hey Guys i ran FUrmark bullshit on my PC and Temp max was 95...and I pressed ESC....the moment i came back on my desktop SPEEDFAN recorded GPU temp as 86....!!
I am really scared with this thing now..............:x:x:x:x

I dont want to lose my GPU now!
i am having ULti air flow in my cabinet!

Anything u may suggest!???

i play GTA 4 ths days and temp seldom go over 72/////

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
First of all, mind your language.

We are here trying to help you. I had recommended Furmark to you, since it checks GPU stability. It stresses your card to 100% -- if the GPU can handle this application, it means there is no issue with your GPU hardware, and the reason for GTAIV not running lies else where. Are you using a legitimate copy of the game..? Also which Foreceware version are you on. Is your Dx9 fully patched. Try to reset the BIOS also one.

Best of luck.

^^

We are here trying to help you.

Plz re-read my post ...I dint use any word against u...If u feel like being opposed bcz i called the soft a bullshit ,i think u need to relocate some neurons,and read my post again.:cool:
no offence again!:)
thankx for the info about that thing"Furmark"
SO waht is the temp on it suggestng???

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

his siggy looks encrypted to me
:D
naah mate it was just that I wanted to share my experience of cards wid u guys as i have had handled 5 grphic cards and ruined 3 !!
LOL:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

gourav.gunjan

Broken In

Hey guys, i want some help here.. can someone plz suggest me any good graphics card at 6k in banglore. my bro is gng to get it tomorrow there. I want to play games like gta IV and crysis 2..(DX11)... i will buy new psu as per requirement after he brings the graphics card...(I wanted to have ATi 5750 512MB, is it possible at such budget??)

i found that 512 mb cards will work fine at the resolution i m demanding for, so u may give me price and, if possible the place to find that card.. plzzzz...

Here's my configuration -

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Niraj, I can very well read. I know that expletive was not at 'me'. Its just that this is not the approach on a forum like this. We are advising you some 'thing', and you are terming it else wise. It is one of the most basic things which we can suggest being remote to you. I asked you some questions in post# 11331, we can continue post that.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ niraj trehan - I don't know about any kind of forums which can decode the text file file you've posted.

If there are any experienced guy in any forum they may be well decode your txt file - keep trying on some different forums as well.

As you've said your game ran well earlier then there might be some software running in the background that is conflicting with the game - try disabling in-necessary services and applications using msconfig or use a software called gamebooster which offers an option to close un-necessary services and programs.

Launch gamebooster - stop un-necessary services and programs running in background and try the game.

patch the game and try again or else you will have to do a fresh installation of the game or windows itself.

@ gourav.gunjan - try getting palit GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 @ ~ 6k along with corsair vx450W @ ~ 4k.

HD 5750 costs around ~8k

^^

We are here trying to help you. I had recommended Furmark to you, since it checks GPU stability. It stresses your card to 100% -- if the GPU can handle this application, it means there is no issue with your GPU hardware, and the reason for GTAIV not running lies else where. Are you using a legitimate copy of the game..? Also which Foreceware version are you on. Is your Dx9 fully patched. Try to reset the BIOS also one.

Best of luck.
agreed mate!
I apologize if some word Disturbed you....:)
actually mate i somehow got my gta 4 working !
So dont want to mess around Drivers now!
LOL///
and i really fear updating bios and all !

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

hey one thing i wanted to ask........i ran Furmark for 52 sec and temp max of gpu was like 92C ..... waht was this?and is it ok??

Piyush

Lanaya

naah mate it was just that I wanted to share my experience of cards wid u guys as i have had handled 5 grphic cards and ruined 3 !!
LOL:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
3 out of 5
u seem to be a professional at that.huh?!?!:lol:

anyways theres a mistake in ur sig
try to find it out and correct it meanwhile

also did u had a genuine copy of gta4?

^^^
Nope mate!!

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

actually Piracy is in blood of indians mate!

If u are getting same thing working on ur PC for 40 odd rs and for rs 500 original...Just for a sheer joy of ORiginal ,hardly one or two will buy original.
GOvt is responsible for the same!
In our city U can get anything u want for mere 25 Rs for a Music CD,40 Rs a DVD game,25 CD game, blah blah.....

This is a serious issue and i know many of us will volutarily say that Kindness and being helpfull both start from home,but yeah only after U are earning urself...Till now,when u r on ur pocket money,I think Piracy will be a major boon for teens as for those who are getting pocket money worth 500Rs wont like to let it go on one game,rather will buy 10 Game DVDs.
No??

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

@ niraj trehan - I don't know about any kind of forums which can decode the text file file you've posted.

If there are any experienced guy in any forum they may be well decode your txt file - keep trying on some different forums as well.

As you've said your game ran well earlier then there might be some software running in the background that is conflicting with the game - try disabling in-necessary services and applications using msconfig or use a software called gamebooster which offers an option to close un-necessary services and programs.

Launch gamebooster - stop un-necessary services and programs running in background and try the game.

patch the game and try again or else you will have to do a fresh installation of the game or windows itself.
Bro game takes 3 hours for Installation !!!LOL !!

thanx for the help anyways!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

actually mate i somehow got my gta 4 working !
So dont want to mess around Drivers now!
LOL///
and i really fear updating bios and all !

hey one thing i wanted to ask........i ran Furmark for 52 sec and temp max of gpu was like 92C ..... waht was this?and is it ok??

Okay, good to hear, that GTAIV is working. What change/modifications you made to get the game to function all right.

Regarding Furmark, it pushes your GPU all the way to 100% usage. So you get 10-15C more of temperatures. We use it to check stability of OC and GPU. 92C is all right for Furmark. Of course no one games on Furmark, and no game will stress it the same. Your GPU is all right. Game on, enjoy.

gourav.gunjan

Broken In

@ gourav.gunjan - try getting palit GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 @ ~ 6k along with corsair vx450W @ ~ 4k.

HD 5750 costs around ~8k

Thankx bro... I myself too googled whole night around the web and at last i m too glued to palit GTS 250 512mb graphics card... If some one wants to know more abt it u can get latest price and features here --->

BitFang - Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 Graphics Card

once agn thankx a lot...:):):):)

Well I want to discuss abt memory size of gpu... some sites said that for resolutions less than 1920x1080, 1GB memory in gpu are not needed... If it is so then is memory size proportional to resolution?? if yes then how???? :-?:-?:-?:-?

Last edited:
Top Bottom