Graphics Cards related queries here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Let him stick to current PSU. I think it is more than enough. People are using the same config on VX450W@80%efficiency.

CM 600W has >70% efficiency and it should be enough to drive his config.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Thanks guyz , BTW cooler master 600 watts PSU is now renewed with two 8 pin PCIe & some stable power supply @ the rate of 3600/- thats good enough .

im not going to overclock the processor ......

ntomer

Broken In

ur mother board will be bottleneck to the HD 4870 so u can go for HD 4850 DDR5 sonic which costs u 9.5k which is almost 10% less FPS than HD 4850 1 GB

Will it work on my Corsair VX450W PSU. This PSU has only one PCIe connector.

Cheers

Nitin

r4gs

In the zone

the 600w has 2x6+2pin connectors. so it'll work on 6 pin as well as 8 pin cards. its not renewed or anything.

ntomer,
you can get adaptors for molex to pcie and so on. the 4850 needs only one pcie connector. ati website says 450w or greater psu. your corsair should be sufficient.

Crazykiller

Banned

How to find Graphic Card Info?
"This post is not for the sake of posting" I really need INFO

cyberbuddy_jake12

Right off the assembly line

I have a 945G intel motherboard with core 2 duo processor e4500 and a 2gb ram . Please suggest a good graphics card . My budget is Rs.9000 ...Please help!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

I have a 945G intel motherboard with core 2 duo processor e4500 and a 2gb ram . Please suggest a good graphics card . My budget is Rs.9000 ...Please help!!!!!!!!
HD4850/GTS250 512MB is a good option, but first of all both the cards will be bottlenecked by your E4500(i.e you won't get the performance you'll expect from those cards), second is that you need atleast CoolerMaster 600w/Corsair VX 450w SMPS to run the cards. Don't buy the cards if you have a local SMPS like Zebronics 400w or anything like that.

Another option is Palit HD4770 GPU @ 7k+CoolerMaster 600W PSU 3.5k=10.5k.
HD4770 is really a good GPU and will be available in India in one or two months or so.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

I wud suggest HD4770, if u can find it. Else go for HD4850 Palit GDDR5 Special SOnic @ 9.4k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I would recommend a MSI HD4770+ a coolerMaster 460W extreme power plus ( if he don't have a good psu ). This combo will cost him Rs. 9K

If he owns a good psu then he can go for palit HD4850 GDDR5.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I would recommend a MSI HD4770+ a coolerMaster 460W extreme power plus ( if he don't have a good psu ). This combo will cost him Rs. 9K

If he owns a good psu then he can go for palit HD4850 GDDR5.

HD4770 is very difficult to find these days. Unless the shop has stock of it, it is very difficult to find it from distributor.

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner

got my Palit GTX 260 SP on 4 th June @ Delta Peripherals Chennai for 11.5k

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Need to wait then, seems HD4770 was more of a paper launch than the GTX275 was.

Not a paper launch dude. There was good amount of stock initially but it was sold out like hot cakes. Dealers are saying that they will be getting new stock by 14th.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Not a paper launch dude. There was good amount of stock initially but it was sold out like hot cakes. Dealers are saying that they will be getting new stock by 14th.

Yes..the HD4770 is selling like hot cakes...

1. Is so near performance to HD4850.
2. Better fabrication process.
3. Getting rave reviews from most sites.
4. Excellent Pricing.
5. Power efficient.
6. Icing on the cake - Is phenomenal in XFire. (beats the lates HD4890 and nears the latest nVidia chips)

Kudos to the red team, for coming up with an excellent product. True VFM...!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. there is actually no difference at all between MSI/Sapphier/XFX 4770 cards that are available in India. All three are based on reference design given by ATI and look identical except for the logo. Better get the one that comes cheaper.

chetanappu007

Right off the assembly line

i have a hp system with intel pentium D processor,2 gb ddr2 533mhz ram,160gb hdd,ati 4850(msi) graphic card(512mb). when i run GRID game in greater than 800x600 resolution
the system just turns off after playing for 5 min.i can run this game in 800x600 perfectly.i even increased the fan speed of graphic card to 45% using catalyst control center,but the problem continues.what is the problem i am facing?is it heating problem or is it because power is not sufficient for the card.i have a 500watt zebronics smps.or is it because the motherboard,ram and processor are too old for the gpu?
please reply

Top Bottom