Graphics Cards related queries here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

GUYz i need help??

I have decided to buy a graphics card finally which im going to use it for 1 yr or more so PLZ NEED QUICK REPLIES !!

Two cards in my Budget

PALIT HD 4870 1GB SONIC [or] PALIT GTX 260 SP216 SONIC ????????

then shall i use cooler master 600watts extreme power PSU with HD 4870 1GB sonic card + i use phenom 2 940 CPU ???

r4gs

In the zone

Maybe your cooling fan wasn't working so well or your cabinet isn't well ventilated, 70 is still ok for the card. I've used the 8600 for hours at a stretch playing far cry 2, grid and the like without a problem. The ati cards all seem to run hot but they perform too. The 4850 is good. You can also check out the 4770 for a lower budget. However, if you are having cooling problems, try nvidia. The cards run comparatively cooler.

Krow

Crowman

guys i realy need your inputs here......
my xfx 8600 gt 256 ddr3 has recently died on me ( blame it on the super crappy cooler from xfx) so i was thinkin about a new gfx card...
my budget is pretty tight (max rs 8000) and i have short listed two cards... palit 9800 gt 512 mb and palit 4850 512 mb..
from the benchmarks it seems that palit 4850 is a better card all through.... however it seems to have some serious heating problem (90 degrees at load!!)
which one do u think is a better choice ? have any one had any experience with 4xxx ati cards?(they all seem to share the same heating issue)... do the cards run well at such scorchin temps?
i have endured same prob from the 8600 gt where once temp would shoot beyond 70 , games like gta iv or last remnant would invariably crash...and finally after such suffering it got fried a few days ago:roll:

Go for the HD4770 512MB if u cn find it. It is everything that the 4850 shoulda been. U shud get it fr 6.5-7.5k MAX! @ ~8k, u cn also get the GTS250 512MB.

GUYz i need help??

I have decided to buy a graphics card finally which im going to use it for 1 yr or more so PLZ NEED QUICK REPLIES !!

Two cards in my Budget

PALIT HD 4870 1GB SONIC [or] PALIT GTX 260 SP216 SONIC ????????

then shall i use cooler master 600watts extreme power PSU with HD 4870 1GB sonic card + i use phenom 2 940 CPU ???
Depends on ur monitor and the kinda resolutions u r looking at. At ultra high res, 4870 wins, hence it shud be a lil' longer lasting, plus ATI's driver support can only improve. If u already got the CM 600W, then well and good, but u might want an excellent PSU from Corsair like VX450W or HX520W(I recommend). Which mobo? Phenom II X4 940 BE ROCKS! I like it a lot.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

HD4870/GTX260 + Phenom II X4 on VX450W is not a good idea. That processor takes 125W and it's better to get VX550W atleast.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Why buddy ? Is not it it capable of providing 570W ? But for his rig I think a corsair TX650W should be good chioce.

@ loktar - Just get the palit HD4580. Newer version comes with custom cooler. So heating should not be a issue. But if you increase your budget say 1.5K then get palit
HD4850 with 512MB GDDR5.

@ Techalomaniac - No buddy. GTX 260 with even 896MB ram is better than HD4870 1GB DDR5.

@ damngoodman999 - Get the Palit GTX 260 sonic ( 216sps ), Phenom 2 940BE & Corsair TX650W psu.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

HD4870/GTX260 + Phenom II X4 on VX450W is not a good idea. That processor takes 125W and it's better to get VX550W atleast.

Get the Palit GTX 260 sonic ( 216sps ), Phenom 2 940BE & Corsair TX650W psu.

Ok already i have Cooler master 600 watts , well its enough or i want to get corsair 650 tx ??

r4gs

In the zone

The coolermaster 600watts has 2x6 pin pcie connectors, which are exactly what the cards need. I'm using the same power supply with my 260 sonic.
The gtx 260 sonic is more powerful than the stock 4870.
The 4870 sonic performs at par with the 260 sonic.

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner

I just purchased the palit gtx260 sonic edition today. Much cheaper than i expected, only 11.4k. Card is factory overclocked with a nice, dual fan custom cooler.

where did u purchase ??

I am planning to get one ...

Can u give me the Dealer`s Contact no ??

and address ??

ntomer

Broken In

Hi,

My current system's configuration is -

Processor Intel E8400; 3.0 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 Cache
Motherboard DG31PR, Intel G31 Chipset, 1333 MHz FSB
RAM Kingston , 2*1GB DDR2 800 MHz
Graphics Card XFX 7900GS, 256 MB DDR3
HDD Seagate 500GB, Sata2, 7200.12, 32 MB Buffer
Cabinet iBall Workhorse
Power Supply Corsair VX450W
I've an option to upgrade the graphics card to Palit HD 4870 1GB Sonic Dual Edition . I searched a bit about this card and found that it uses PCIe 2.0 x16 whereas my MoBo only supports PCIe 1.0 x16; but I also found that there are no cards available right now which use even PCIe 1.0's complete band-width . So this should be a non-issue, right?

But will my PSU be able to take it's load; my PSU only has one PCIe 6 pin connector, and I found the following for this card -

*Power Supply Unit Requirement:
500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI-Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX® technology in dual mode)

So what do you suggest, is this card or ok? Or do you you suggest something else? The max budget is 15K.

\N

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Hi,

My current system's configuration is -

I've an option to upgrade the graphics card to Palit HD 4870 1GB Sonic Dual Edition . I searched a bit about this card and found that it uses PCIe 2.0 x16 whereas my MoBo only supports PCIe 1.0 x16; but I also found that there are no cards available right now which use even PCIe 1.0's complete band-width . So this should be a non-issue, right?

But will my PSU be able to take it's load; my PSU only has one PCIe 6 pin connector, and I found the following for this card -

*Power Supply Unit Requirement:
500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI-Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX® technology in dual mode)

So what do you suggest, is this card or ok? Or do you you suggest something else? The max budget is 15K.

\N

ur mother board will be bottleneck to the HD 4870 so u can go for HD 4850 DDR5 sonic which costs u 9.5k which is almost 10% less FPS than HD 4850 1 GB

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

CM 600W should be enough.

See this is where you went wrong. The CM600W won't be enough, even if it is, I'm against it and it's very very risky. Erst while VX450W is perfect for a X4 940 + GTX260.

GTX260 consumes lesser power than HD4890, which in turn consumes lesser power than HD4870. However, HD4870 has improved image quality, better AA(CFAA) and DX10.1 which boosts fps in DX10.1 titles. However, for the price, GTX260 is perfect.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

See this is where you went wrong. The CM600W won't be enough, even if it is, I'm against it and it's very very risky. Erst while VX450W is perfect for a X4 940 + GTX260.

wat actually CM 600 watts is almost used by many them for HD 4870 + phenom 9950 , no problem at all !!!

Corsair 450VX is less power watts GTX 260 on load consumes 270 watts + phenom 2 940 consumes 220 on load so CM 600 EXT power takes good work .

any way im going to use one hDD + one DVDrw thats all extra

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

ONE MORE DOUBT

IF i use phenom 2 940 wid GTX 260 sonic any performance will be reduced due to AMD+ATI combination ??

this is the biggest doubt for me ??? any one please

r4gs

In the zone

where did u purchase ??

I am planning to get one ...

Can u give me the Dealer`s Contact no ??

and address ??

any shop on lamington road will give a similar price. You'll have to book in advance as most shops don't keep stock. The contact details of the shop i purchased from is
computer selection
ph022 23824567.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

I just decided to buy this combination

AMD phenom 2 940 + Asus M4N78-PRO + PALIT GTX260 SONIC + 4GB TRANSCEND 800Mhz

this combination costs => 31000 total/-

All i need to know is shall i use cooler master 600watts with this combination ?????

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

you can use cooler master. But get Corsair RAM instead of Transcend. for 500 bucks more you get RAM with nice heat sink which helps for overclocking.

r4gs

In the zone

use the coolermaster. It will be adequate for your current system.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

this is the biggest doubt for me ??? any one please

No ATi proc+Mobo & Nvidia GPU will not reduce performance :p

& for the PSU you can run that rig on CM600W extreme. As I have not personally tested it. Some say it's good & some say opposite. So at the end of the day it's your call.

But upgrading to corsair TX 650W is recommended to play safe :p

Top Bottom