Graphics Cards related queries here.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Get the fastest GPU currently available if you want it to last long. That is what I did..and am still able to play anything on it.

Yep, thats what I want. Guess I will wait for some new entrants. This fickleness in mind is caused by stiff competition :mrgreen:

^^

Get gtx 570. Future proof and performs close to amd 6970. Later you can upgrade the other components and sandybridge would also make its presence felt by jan end.
Yep, SandyBridge and Something equivalent to GTX 570.

Phantom isn't as good as it "looks".

For 5K, Gaming mouse and KB??
Drawbacks and any other alternative for Phantom ?

I already have MX518. Which keyboard ?

^^I am creating a thread for that now.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/135068-where-spend-5k.html

I need more suggestions, specific suggestions with some merits from user point of view. Which one of the three keyboard ?

Last edited by a moderator:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Yep, thats what I want. Guess I will wait for some new entrants. This fickleness in mind is caused by stiff competition :mrgreen:

Yep, SandyBridge and Something equivalent to GTX 570.

Drawbacks and any other alternative for Phantom ?

I already have MX518. Which keyboard ?

Get GTX 570 and not its equivalent.:mrgreen:

sri1979

Right off the assembly line

Guys I have purchased Sapphire HD 5670 1 GB. On website the specification was PCI E 2.0 but when the box came it was PCI E 2.1. My MB is Asus M2N68 AM PLUS. Will my MB and Bios support the Graphic card. Please let me know guys.

tkin

Back to school!!

Guys I have purchased Sapphire HD 5670 1 GB. On website the specification was PCI E 2.0 but when the box came it was PCI E 2.1. My MB is Asus M2N68 AM PLUS. Will my MB and Bios support the Graphic card. Please let me know guys.
PCI-E 2.1 is backward compatible to PCI-E 1 and PCI-E 2.0, so you can use it, but beware some older legacy mobos have issues with newer cards, eg older intel G35 boards, so its not guaranteed to work, but PCI-E is not an issue here.

If it does not work at start try to update your mobo BIOS from your manufacturer website, lots of manufacturers put out bios updates to increase compatibility with PCI-E 2.0 cards.

sri1979

Right off the assembly line

Bcos i surfed certian sites wherein it was showing incompatible
*motherboards-reviews.com/ASUS/sock...SUS_M2N68-AM_PLUS_chipset_specifications.html

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

You have the mobo and gfx card both at hand. Why not try them. That's how you will know it for sure.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Guys, one good news for you, guess...Ya, you are correct, the pricing of HD 6950 and HD 6970 in India. Got this from Tech enclave dealer's paradise.

HIS HD 6950: 18.5K; HIS HD 6970: 22.5K
Check here

Power Color HD 6970: 22.6K
Check over here.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

If gtx 570 and radeon 6970 are equally priced then 6970 would be a tad better and they are almost equal in performance. In legit reviews, 570 won 6 benchmarks and 6970 won 5.

Check this.

If gtx 570 drops a bit in price close to 6950, then it will be an exceptional buy. And 570 won the benchmarks in newer games which take the most out of nvidia's architecture.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Guys, one good news for you, guess...Ya, you are correct, the pricing of HD 6950 and HD 6970 in India. Got this from Tech enclave dealer's paradise.

HIS HD 6950: 18.5K; HIS HD 6970: 22.5K
Check here

Power Color HD 6970: 22.6K
Check over here.

Thanks for the price update .. I'll put up the entire post on HD6970 and HD6950 discussion thread as well.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

bought the msi gtx 460 hawk talon attack for 13.3k

wil try to see how much it can oc after i get a 13amp plug
now using 6amp so its risky

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

woot 6950 rocks , how is HIS never heard of it in india.

2 6970 still cost less than a 5970 right or is 5970 below 40 currently?

what are the minimum smps you guys think one should get for 6950 and 6970?

6950 is priced at the launch price of asus eah5850.

cilus thanx m8

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ HiS can be compared with power color in terms of quality - IMO. For a HD6950( ~158Ws) a VX450 or similar PSU and for HD6970 ( ~207Ws ) a VX550 or similar PSU will do just fine.

bought the msi gtx 460 hawk talon attack for 13.3k

wil try to see how much it can oc after i get a 13amp plug
now using 6amp so its risky

Congrats !

I don't think the 6amp plug of your PSU has anything to do with your gfx card Ocing. Even a 6 amp plug will be able to provide 1320Ws power ! do you really think your rig will consume even around 1000Ws but at the end of the day it's your call of-course.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

maybe

but i dono anything about current and all those stuff
juz scared -___-

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

Sapphire HD 6970 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam

awesome stuff check it brilliant effort by sapphire.

Top Bottom