Graphics Cards related queries here.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hmmm,well sleeping for less than 5hrs is a sure way to deplete ur glycogen stores, and send ur cortisol,adrenaline & noradrenaline balance haywire,not to mention the altered biological clock due altered pineal gland function. (forgv me for saying all this...this is jus to inform the techies hw nt to harm urslves)
this will cause indigestion and yes,when ur tummy is upset,the whole body can jus collapse.And taking all these junk food,with trans saturated fats,our poor exercise habits,yes,a pancreatitis is possible.

yes,please take care of urself,and sleep more to keep healthy.

1. No,no others were available.
2.Zeb antibiotic cabby
3.Will post soon
4.Yes,MSI afterburner can change the voltage after unlocking the option.
Thanks for the reply, should've kept off those fried chickens, now this restriction is killing me.

Well since our cabbys are similiar I guess my load with the GTX460 should be about 82 max and in game ~70-75c, that's acceptable, gonna go hunting tomorrow.

Just got mailed back from tirupati, they have GTX465 and GTX480 from EVGA, the only GTX460 1GB is from Palit, they have both the Sonic and Sonic Platinum cards, gonna go ask the price tomorrow, eying the Sonic version, also gonna ask about MSI Cyclone edition, that's a damn cool card.

Piyush

Lanaya

guys just now installed the HD5670. disabled IGP in bios & set the first display to PEG. returned to XP. ran GPU_Z. no graphics details. its completely blank. tried installing the Catalyst & XP restarts. should i clear CMOS & try again or what the problem? any idea?
i dont think clearing CMOS will help

switch it back and then check

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

cleared CMOS already. anyway again installed & ran GPU_Z. nothing shown. blank. let me install the graphics drivers from Gigabyte DVD instead.

tkin

Back to school!!

guys just now installed the HD5670. disabled IGP in bios & set the first display to PEG. returned to XP. ran GPU_Z. no graphics details. its completely blank. tried installing the Catalyst & XP restarts. should i clear CMOS & try again or what the problem? any idea?
1.Install this program Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

2.Make a system restore point.

3.Shut down and reboot in safe mode(F8), after that run the program and clean ATI drivers(also nVidia drivers if your last card was nVidia), reboot normally and run that program again and clean.

4.Install the latest drivers(Cat 10.7).

5.Reboot and run Dxdiag and check if everything is ok.

6.Download and run the latest version of GPUZ and GPU CAPS Viewer.

7.Download and run Furmark and OCCT tool to verify stability.

8.If all fails do a reinstall.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Thanks for the reply, should've kept off those fried chickens, now this restriction is killing me.

Well since our cabbys are similiar I guess my load with the GTX460 should be about 82 max and in game ~70-75c, that's acceptable, gonna go hunting tomorrow.

Just got mailed back from tirupati, they have GTX465 and GTX480 from EVGA, the only GTX460 1GB is from Palit, they have both the Sonic and Sonic Platinum cards, gonna go ask the price tomorrow, eying the Sonic version, also gonna ask about MSI Cyclone edition, that's a damn cool card.

Bro,see what I've posted here.

Also,let us know about the prices.
IMO going for the sonic version will be better,as u can always OC to Sonic platinum levels,and it will save some green :D

tkin

Back to school!!

Bro,see what I've posted here.

Also,let us know about the prices.
IMO going for the sonic version will be better,as u can always OC to Sonic platinum levels,and it will save some green :D
Thanks for the tests, now I feel a lot better, 85c on OCCT means that card will barely touch 75c in games like Metro 2033, Crysis, so I can safely buy it.

Not just the green but the OC'ed card means that card will run at very high clocks in factory mode, in extreme summer I like to run my hardware @ stock(E8400, 9800GTX+), so the lower the default clock the better, or I'd have to underclock it.

check this link!!
4-6 hours not enough
make it 7-7.5 hrs
Sleep deprivation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks for the concern and info, am aware of it, however can't help it, as till 11-12 pm some kinda disturbance would be there so can't sleep early and in morning around 5-5:30 my father wakes up and starts exercising( he generally makes lot of noise whole day:-( - kisi ke ghar mein chote bachchey shor machate hain par yahan mera baap:|) thats my sad story:razz:

and some times I can't sleep because of tension or breathing problems(allergy) and sometimes no reason ( might be occasional insomnia )

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

cleared CMOS already. anyway again installed & ran GPU_Z. nothing shown. blank. let me install the graphics drivers from Gigabyte DVD instead.

check the connections....install the catalyst driver from....ATI DVD u got....
open ATI catalyst & c the card info there :smile:

pulsar_swift

Youngling

why do you need to disable the IGP? i think you messed up some thing in the BIOS. No need to disable IGP . when you plug in the GFX card the IGP gets disabled automatically. thats what i did when i installed my 5670. I didnt change any thing in the BIOS

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

everything working fine. i also such a big stupid. not installed graphics driver. how will the pc recognize the card. & the driver bundled with card is wayyyyy to old. buggy.

@pulsar, bro mine one got set to PCI instead of PEG. so disabled & i din't fiddled too much. followed manual.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

whats the difference between
Gigabyte GA-MA78GMT-UD2H Gigabyte Motherboard
and
GIGABYTE GA-785GMT-USB3 AM3 AMD 785G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

does both hav solid jap capacitors on all parts ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

ok your problem is solved ?

just like charm. maxed out BurnOut Paradise Ultimate Box (no to AA for now). still not felt to be least of sluggist. not even a single hand.

whats the difference between
Gigabyte GA-MA78GMT-UD2H Gigabyte Motherboard
and
GIGABYTE GA-785GMT-USB3 AM3 AMD 785G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

does both hav solid jap capacitors on all parts ?

yaar its in the name. USB3 & UD3. the USB3 is UD3 + USB3.0 chip on board.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

c dis link
TheITWares -AMD Motherboards

the pics of ud2h and da usb 3.0 are diff.

ud2h has 2 pci-e x16 slots

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

no. i think pics r wrong. Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD2H have 2 PCIe X 16 slots & allows Xfire at X16 + X4.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Thanks for the tests, now I feel a lot better, 85c on OCCT means that card will barely touch 75c in games like Metro 2033, Crysis, so I can safely buy it.

Not just the green but the OC'ed card means that card will run at very high clocks in factory mode, in extreme summer I like to run my hardware @ stock(E8400, 9800GTX+), so the lower the default clock the better, or I'd have to underclock it.

Nobody cant put it any better :D
U always seem to hit the point on the head.

The sites who benchmarked the Sonic platinum cards,a few mentioned the ambient temps(if I remember correctly),which ranged from 20 to 24 deg C!!!
Think about India then,at summer!!!!!! :shock:

U can always overclock the sonic,isnt it?
Also,the higher OC means higher power consumption,not to mention the higher temps.

Also,it will be putting u back by 16.2k apprx. At that much,its not gud value anymore.

tkin

Back to school!!

Nobody cant put it any better :D
U always seem to hit the point on the head.

The sites who benchmarked the Sonic platinum cards,a few mentioned the ambient temps(if I remember correctly),which ranged from 20 to 24 deg C!!!
Think about India then,at summer!!!!!! :shock:

U can always overclock the sonic,isnt it?
Also,the higher OC means higher power consumption,not to mention the higher temps.

Also,it will be putting u back by 16.2k apprx. At that much,its not gud value anymore.
And also remember that in most review site they use a open setup, i.e keep the cabby open or doesn't use a cabby at all, so our cpu/gpu temps will always be 5-10c higher, sometimes even 20c as in the European countries the ambient rarely touches 15-20c.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

a small query for everyone. if we work in document or just let the system run a virus scan, & the system have an accelerator. will it run in idle mode (draw idle power)? if not than when idle mode comes into play?

Top Bottom