Graphics Cards related queries here.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Nvidia has launched gtx 465 but its not that good and consumes a lot of power. Performance is betewwen 5850 & 5830.

I think 5830 is a better option in that price range as gtx 465 is expensive than it.

sanads

Tech Lover

Last week I bought gt240 dddr3 for my gaming
gt240ddr3 price-----5150+vat

Do u think this is a good buy?????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ Any idea guys when NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450, 440 & 430 will release???

most probably in 2 months i.e. summer break.

Nvidia has launched gtx 465 but its not that good and consumes a lot of power. Performance is betewwen 5850 & 5830.

I think 5830 is a better option in that price range as gtx 465 is expensive than it.

GTX465 was a good card only to be soiled by heat & sound. also pricing isn't good (not sure. let it appear in online shops across India first).

Last week I bought gt240 dddr3 for my gaming
gt240ddr3 price-----5150+vat

Do u think this is a good buy?????

price a little high. HD5670 512Mb considerable fast than GTS240. GTS240 should be compared to HD5570.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

ASUS sucks big time when it comes to BIOS and the user manual is close to useless.

heard Asus got one of best bios. about manual, they make manuals for absolute noobs. someone with little knowledge on PC will feel them useless only.

walkmanguru

Broken In

i try to set the manual fan speed of my hd4670 using ati catalyst to about 50% but the fan speed still doesnt go above 17%
is the card defective?...man I should have bought the 5670 . The price diff. Was just abt 600 rs. The shopkeeper never told me abt it..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i try to set the manual fan speed of my hd4670 using ati catalyst to about 50% but the fan speed still doesnt go above 17%
is the card defective?...man I should have bought the 5670 . The price diff. Was just abt 600 rs. The shopkeeper never told me abt it..

try MSI afterburner. maybe your card is faulty. get it checked once & if needed send it for RMA. BTW which brand is it from?

Guys anyone knows about the availability of Sapphire HD5670 512Mb GDDR5 EXTREME EDITION?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Check out this :p

Nvidia GeForce GTX 465 1 GB Review: Zotac Puts Fermi On A Diet

pulsar_swift

Youngling

heard Asus got one of best bios. about manual, they make manuals for absolute noobs. someone with little knowledge on PC will feel them useless only.

Ok. Let us assume i am < absolute noob. I want to install a GFX card. The manual says insert the card in the PCI express slot and make any BIOS changes if required. Refer Chapter 2 for BIOS.

I go to chapter 2, i see what has been posted earlier. They didnt mention how primary controller values will change when the card is inserted. internal graphics can be made disabled.

Just google and you will find so many queries on how to install GFX card on this mobo.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Well this is what happens, when you buy stuff on the recommendation of hardware dealers, who know jack. See if you can get it changed.

Regarding the fan speed, install CCC 10.4a and check. The fan should for sure spin to 100% if you increase the value manually. If not, RMA it and get a better card for slight more cash -- from a different dealer.

ASUS sucks big time when it comes to BIOS and the user manual is close to useless.

Asus boards are one of the best. Some of the RoG series have dual BIOS. So if one gets corrupt (bad flash, virus) you can use the secondary, and correct the first. Manuals -- most of the South Asian companies have similar manual. MSI/Gigabyte/Asus. Just translated from native to English. It is sad. I used my manual just to identify the pins and schematic over view.

Yes, one cannot solely rely on the manual. Of course the net has a lot of information. I remember assembling my system, took me the longest to figure out the HDD and power pins.

healerneil

Broken In

^
Resolution you will play at. Other system specs.

For me a resolution of 1680 X 1050 on a 22 inch monitor suffices..other specs Intel Core 2 Duo E 8400 (OC to 3.2 GHz), Asus P5KPLAM, 2X2GB DDR 2 Ram Kingston @ 800 MHZ and Seagate 7200.11 500 GB HD, Corsair VX 650 PSU. Currently using a 9600 GT, soon to be sold off :-D, system is about 1.5 years old ..So looking for a graphics card upgrade..Think my processor could do with it and don't nitpick me for that MB..this place will get a heartattack if i ask for anything more from the dealers :-D
And yeah, even i am thinking of holding on for a couple of months or three..prices are bound to fall as things heat up..Had completely forgotten about Phys X and CUDA..lower end cards don't utilise much of these but haven't got an idea regarding the upper mid end cards utilisation of Phys X or CUDA
Whatever reviews Radeon 5850 has garnered seems quite good...NVIDIa scores on having those 2, but is it sufficient enough to NOT choose the ATI Radeon 5850?? Lets wait and see wether we have a strong reply from Nvidia...till then am holding my horses..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
E8400 (OC'ed as you have)+HD5850+4GB ram should be more than enough for 1680x1050pi. Make sure you have a minimal 450W -- could PSU.

chetan.g

Journeyman

1. its your HD4200 IGP.

2. UMA ---> system shared memory.
Sideport ---> 128Mb DDR3 1333Mhz Naina memory. found on all Asus M4A785TD-V EVO boards.
UMA + Sideport ---> if you need more graphics memory. so 128Mb + Shared ram.

3. Sideport Memory's speed.

4. not sure.

should have got disabled as soon as you plug in a Video card.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

use Catalyst or MSI Afterburner & manually increase fan speed to 40-60% depending on the temperature. 17% just too low & may result in serious damage to your card.

Its disabled...! All ready.

Thanks guys,

Ya its disabled ... coz I had selected that option from bios... Can I see the BIOS of my Graphic card or (Just eager to know) if i trun on back my motherboard graphics card through bios then what will happen ?? Also while running games eg. "CAll of duty 4" my graphics GPU tem goes to 88 degree celcius and my CPU tem goes to 55 - 57 degree celcius , is it normal or i have to do something ?? otherwise the normal tem of my both GPU and CPU remains to 50 degree celcius ... is it normal ?

below is the image of GPU under normal condition ( Not playing any games or high end applications)

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Thanks guys,

Ya its disabled ... coz I had selected that option from bios... Can I see the BIOS of my Graphic card or (Just eager to know) if i trun on back my motherboard graphics card through bios then what will happen ?? Also while running games eg. "CAll of duty 4" my graphics GPU tem goes to 88 degree celcius and my CPU tem goes to 55 - 57 degree celcius , is it normal or i have to do something ?? otherwise the normal tem of my both GPU and CPU remains to 50 degree celcius ... is it normal ?

below is the image of GPU under normal condition ( Not playing any games or high end applications)

What you mean by that..?

Those temperatures are fine. You can use Radeon Bios Editor to view your BIOS setting.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Ok. Let us assume i am < absolute noob. I want to install a GFX card. The manual says insert the card in the PCI express slot and make any BIOS changes if required. Refer Chapter 2 for BIOS.

I go to chapter 2, i see what has been posted earlier. They didnt mention how primary controller values will change when the card is inserted. internal graphics can be made disabled.

Just google and you will find so many queries on how to install GFX card on this mobo.

they just given you main steps. its like "do this that this that this ...... and if you face any problem, please refer to Goggle" :evil:.

Asus boards are one of the best. Some of the RoG series have dual BIOS. So if one gets corrupt (bad flash, virus) you can use the secondary, and correct the first. Manuals -- most of the South Asian companies have similar manual. MSI/Gigabyte/Asus. Just translated from native to English. It is sad. I used my manual just to identify the pins and schematic over view.

your point is right but it only covers the upper portion. most ppls go for budget boards, like the H55-H57/785G-890GX. in these section, Asus have started giving the buyers free & no-subscription headaches. what i heard (& read a LOT) is they are buggy. most of the time ram modules don't work well & a hell lot of other issues. i know Asus got a huge lineup so having these silly bugs nothing big. but when you pay 6-7 or even 10k for a board, one expect top notch quality not some odd errors popping up now & than.

Yes, one cannot solely rely on the manual. Of course the net has a lot of information. I remember assembling my system, took me the longest to figure out the HDD and power pins.

nowadays manual is nothing but a text book. if you don't use reference (Google) you'll face more problem than solving the existing one :-|

For me a resolution of 1680 X 1050 on a 22 inch monitor suffices..other specs Intel Core 2 Duo E 8400 (OC to 3.2 GHz), Asus P5KPLAM, 2X2GB DDR 2 Ram Kingston @ 800 MHZ and Seagate 7200.11 500 GB HD, Corsair VX 650 PSU. Currently using a 9600 GT, soon to be sold off :-D, system is about 1.5 years old ..So looking for a graphics card upgrade..Think my processor could do with it and don't nitpick me for that MB..this place will get a heartattack if i ask for anything more from the dealers :-D
And yeah, even i am thinking of holding on for a couple of months or three..prices are bound to fall as things heat up..Had completely forgotten about Phys X and CUDA..lower end cards don't utilise much of these but haven't got an idea regarding the upper mid end cards utilisation of Phys X or CUDA
Whatever reviews Radeon 5850 has garnered seems quite good...NVIDIa scores on having those 2, but is it sufficient enough to NOT choose the ATI Radeon 5850?? Lets wait and see wether we have a strong reply from Nvidia...till then am holding my horses..

GTX465's performance turned out to be same as it was calculated. lets see how GTX460 performs. Nvidia got performance. also pricing almost good. left is somehow lower heat, cause at the end of the day everyone cares about their own personal stuffs more than getting best FPS in a game.

What you mean by that..?

he means to say IGP by motherboard graphics (card).

walkmanguru

Broken In

Guys, where can i get the new catalyst 10.4a drivers...? Is there any way to get it offline, my internet connect (tata photon) which i am currently having is bull---- I am barely able to open web pages!

Does this issue of Digit mag has in the included DVD?

Also, if the issue dont resolve ( I am in non-ac room and the temp. gets a high as 80 C while playing) i might upgrade to a better card. Which card should i go for in range of 5-6k or should i wait for newer series before upgrading.

On a side note, who do you think will win the next battle of Graphic cards - Nvidia or ATi? Or some third party is going to come to the scene...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Does this issue of Digit mag has in the included DVD?

may. depends solely on the timing of the release of new drivers.

Also, if the issue dont resolve ( I am in non-ac room and the temp. gets a high as 80 C while playing) i might upgrade to a better card. Which card should i go for in range of 5-6k or should i wait for newer series before upgrading.

get HD5670. nothing like it.

On a side note, who do you think will win the next battle of Graphic cards - Nvidia or ATi? Or some third party is going to come to the scene...

this time its not easy predict. better do a conference call with ATI & Nvidia or call them up for dinner :mrgreen:

and about third party? Intel larrabee is dead 2nd time. so forget about a 3rd player. atleast for next 5years.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ pulsar_swift - the easiest way to install a gfx card is insert it correctly and firmly in it's slot - plug in the power cables if necessary - clear the bios cmos setting by removing and inserting the battery or by jumper settings. When you turn you system back on youyr gx card will be automatically detected and most of the the it does not need any additional config in bios :p

@ chetan.g -
if i trun on back my motherboard graphics card through bios then what will happen ?? Also while running games eg. "CAll of duty 4" my graphics GPU tem goes to 88 degree celcius and my CPU tem goes to 55 - 57 degree celcius , is it normal or i have to do something ?? otherwise the normal tem of my both GPU and CPU remains to 50 degree celcius ... is it normal ?

If you have discrete gfx card installed you will get no display and long beeps - the only way to solve this is to reset and clear the cmos setting.

If you gpu is IGP one then there is not much you can do - try fixing a fan above northbridge but if it's a discrete gfx card try increasing the fan speed or else your gfx card has some probs with heating.

BTW, which gfx card do you have or you are using IGP of you mobo ??

Top Bottom