Graphics Cards related queries here.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I purchased CM Hyper TX3 from primeabgb.They are reliable. Tell them that you are from PUNE and they should charge shipping as Rs 150. . You have to pay 3% OCTROI tax also.

FSP Saga II 500W should run a HD5770, considering your current config.

Thanks! any other good option in 6-8k price bracket for graphics card?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

HD5770 is the best GFX card around ~9k and the good news is Biostar is selling it's HD5770 @ 8.6K :p

pulsar_swift

Youngling

Yes if you can spend 9K HD5770 is the best at that price range. Else you can se HD5750 also @ 8K or less

quad_core

Yes if you can spend 9K HD5770 is the best at that price range. Else you can se HD5750 also @ 8K or less

Thanks .. its quite difficult to source graphics cards in pune at decent price :cry:
pulsar_swift, since you are from pune, can you let me know from where can i get 5770 at a decent price (8-9k)

HD5770 is the best GFX card around ~9k and the good news is Biostar is selling it's HD5770 @ 8.6K :p

Thanks buddy !!
so arnd 9k for 5770 or 8k for 5750 and arnd 2.7 k for FSP saga II 500 w from prime abgb... how does this sound? I hope there will be no bottleneck considering my PC specs...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Thanks .. its quite difficult to source graphics cards in pune at decent price :cry:
pulsar_swift, since you are from pune, can you let me know from where can i get 5770 at a decent price (8-9k)

get it from Media Home. they selling HD5770 for 8.7k. add 150 as carry charge. so below 9k, you got a good card with Custom Cooler.

so arnd 9k for 5770 or 8k for 5750 and arnd 2.7 k for FSP saga II 500 w from prime abgb... how does this sound? I hope there will be no bottleneck considering my PC specs...

HD5750 isn't worth. get HD5770. also PSU, get FSP Saga II 500W or Corsair CX400W. preference based on Wattage & warranty period.

pulsar_swift

Youngling

Biostar doesnt have a RMA center in PUNE. If any issues arise, the card has to be sent to DELHI for RMA. If its MSI, you can walkin and submit for RMA.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ quad_core - after sales service plays a major role for any tech products so get a gfx card from those manufacturers only who has local service center in your city - a HD5770 other than Biostar may cost a couple of bucks more ( say around ~9.5k ) but you will get complete peace of mind and as Sam.Shab has pointed out HD5770 is better as compared to HD5750 and a FSP Saga II 500W or corsair CX 400 will run your rig just fine but if you want some future proofing then get a corsair VX 550W around ~ 4.5k

Your system won't bottleneck the gfx card- though if you can get a stick of another 2 GB DDR3 later :p

harshk360

Broken In

I am assembling a new pc with the following config(PC will be used for movies, music, photoshop, some rendering work and mid-heavy gaming):-

AMD Phenom II X4 945
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
2x2 gb DDR3 Corsair 1333MHz
Cooler Master 690
Cooler Master Extreme Power 500W
WD Blue Edition 1TB

I need help choosing the monitor and the graphic card. I am thinking of buying a 22 inch monitor - BENQ G2220HD. This monitor has 1920X1080 native resolution. Is this a good choice?

Please suggest me a GPU which can handle all latest games(Assassins creed 2, BF:BC 2, Crysis warhead, batman AA, Metro 2033 etc.) at the native resolution(1920X1080) at medium to high settings with 2XAA and 4XAF.

My budget for the card is RS.10000

^ monitor is good one........
you could get hd 5770 for that budget and it could handle all the games as of now........

and please for gods sake don't use that psu either get corsair's vx550w or cooler master's gx series gx550w..........

harshk360

Broken In

what's the prob with the psu?? and is 5830 good....or should i wait till nvidia introduces mid range dx 11 cards

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

what's the prob with the psu?? and is 5830 good....or should i wait till nvidia introduces mid range dx 11 cards

HD5770 with such a PSU will only result in an explosion. get rid of that PSU. & get any HD5770 + FSP Saga II 500W/Corsair CX400W-450W/Seasonic 430W. these are minimum PSU requirements.

about HD5830, its too bad priced. either take HD5770 or wait for 15k Fermi (which will need better PSU of coarse).

quad_core

@ quad_core - after sales service plays a major role for any tech products so get a gfx card from those manufacturers only who has local service center in your city - a HD5770 other than Biostar may cost a couple of bucks more ( say around ~9.5k ) but you will get complete peace of mind and as Sam.Shab has pointed out HD5770 is better as compared to HD5750 and a FSP Saga II 500W or corsair CX 400 will run your rig just fine but if you want some future proofing then get a corsair VX 550W around ~ 4.5k

Your system won't bottleneck the gfx card- though if you can get a stick of another 2 GB DDR3 later :p

Thanks a lot bro !!:)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Whats the problem with coolermaster extreme power series??
Nothing.The army have plans to efficiently use those power supplies as explosives in war.Very effective.
xDDD
ROFL. :p

Piyush

Lanaya

Whats the problem with coolermaster extreme power series??
Nothing.The army have plans to efficiently use those power supplies as explosives in war.Very effective.
xDDD
ROFL. :p
Weapons of mass destruction

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ harshk360 - if you are lucky enough you may be able to run a HD5770 with that psu as one of our forum member ( hellknight if my guess is correct ) has ran a HD4890 along with a OCed tri core 720BE proc with that psu.

But my suggestion is that you should wait for nvidia's mid range dx11 card release - then ATi's mid range card price will reduce a bit too - then grab a MSI HD5770 HAWX edition card along with a Corsair VX550W or else you might be able to get hold on HD5850 :p

harshk360

Broken In

gud suggestion thnx all......will the expected mid range (10-15 k) fermi be able to run on corsair 550W

Top Bottom