Graphics Cards related queries here.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

If you want to run 5770 on Cooler Master 500 W, then it will run without any problem as it consumes far less power than 4890.. But anything above 5770, then go for Corsair series..

chetan.g

Journeyman

Guys please help me out : Today itself i have purchased XFX radeon HD 5770.. Now I wanted to check out wether the dealer has given me the correct version ie 5770. because the design of the card of 5770 is covered one, but the card what i have received its design more like (exactly) like 5750 (Open)..

I really wanted to know did i have been cheated or not... moreover as i have checked 5770 comes with a game .. but i havenot received any game with it...

When I try to check in my computer>devices .. it shows 5700 series :-(

any solutions??

pulsar_swift

Youngling

did you not get a box with the card ? In think the name of the card should be written on the board of the GFX card

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Guys please help me out : Today itself i have purchased XFX radeon HD 5770.. Now I wanted to check out wether the dealer has given me the correct version ie 5770. because the design of the card of 5770 is covered one, but the card what i have received its design more like (exactly) like 5750 (Open)..

I really wanted to know did i have been cheated or not... moreover as i have checked 5770 comes with a game .. but i havenot received any game with it...

When I try to check in my computer>devices .. it shows 5700 series :-(

any solutions??

Post a screen shot of GPU-Z.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ chetan.g - Try using software called GPU-Z and post it's screenshots as asigh said.

Also type dxdiag in run box and check the display tab :p

chetan.g

Journeyman

did you not get a box with the card ? In think the name of the card should be written on the board of the GFX card

I got the box and also the name XFX 5770 name is there on it, bt, the design of the card is not meeting with the actually design shown. just google, there is difference..

Post a screen shot of GPU-Z.

@ chetan.g - Try using software called GPU-Z and post it's screenshots as asigh said.

Also type dxdiag in run box and check the display tab :p

Thanks for help .... Just did what u said ... run GPU-z and here is the screenshot... says only Radeon 5700 series similarly run Dxdiag and it too says Radeon 5700 .. what to do ?? how to check the wether it is 5750 or 5770 :-(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

You card is fine. It has 800 stream processors, where as the HD5750 has 720. You can verify from here.

healerneil

Broken In

Hey, Hi there friends...have a query of my own out here.
Currently have a 9600 GT and now on the lookout for a overhaul of the graphics card..especially after playing Metro 2033..dx 11 seems too good to be left out :) Zeroing in on the Radeon 5850 , seems to suit my needs best....PSU isn't a problem, had invested in a VX 650 right from the start..(should have looked at my local dealers face here when i asked for a Corsair PSU..huh?? does that exist??LOL)
The dillema out here is should i wait for some more DX 11 cards to come out with superior technology or take the plunge..my 6th sense states i should hold out for a 2-3 month period..prices are bound to plummet once Nvidia decides to throw in a counter punch :-D in addition to the GTX 470 and 480..what say vox populi???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Hey, Hi there friends...have a query of my own out here.
Currently have a 9600 GT and now on the lookout for a overhaul of the graphics card..especially after playing Metro 2033..dx 11 seems too good to be left out :) Zeroing in on the Radeon 5850 , seems to suit my needs best....PSU isn't a problem, had invested in a VX 650 right from the start..(should have looked at my local dealers face here when i asked for a Corsair PSU..huh?? does that exist??LOL)
The dillema out here is should i wait for some more DX 11 cards to come out with superior technology or take the plunge..my 6th sense states i should hold out for a 2-3 month period..prices are bound to plummet once Nvidia decides to throw in a counter punch :-D in addition to the GTX 470 and 480..what say vox populi???

yes most local dealers know only Frontech, iBall, Zebronics, Intex.........

GTX460 should be of same power as HD5850. better wait. theres 2 possible outcomes: HD5850 @ price of HD5830 or GTX460 @ price of HD5850 & you get CUDA + PhysX.

chetan.g

Journeyman

You card is fine. It has 800 stream processors, where as the HD5750 has 720. You can verify from here.

thanks buddy.. relaxed now ...offff... just one more query... how do i disable my onboard graphics so that i can utilize full potency of my graphics card, also please suggest me some applications or games so that i can know the actual potency of my card ..thanks

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

thanks buddy.. relaxed now ...offff... just one more query... how do i disable my onboard graphics so that i can utilize full potency of my graphics card, also please suggest me some applications or games so that i can know the actual potency of my card ..thanks

In the BIOS there should be an option, first display display, or something like that. It would have automatically been disabled, when you seated the GPU, but check to make sure.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

I got the box and also the name XFX 5770 name is there on it, bt, the design of the card is not meeting with the actually design shown. just google, there is difference..

Thanks for help .... Just did what u said ... run GPU-z and here is the screenshot... says only Radeon 5700 series similarly run Dxdiag and it too says Radeon 5700 .. what to do ?? how to check the wether it is 5750 or 5770 :-(

Ya u have 5770 card..me too have the same card form sapphire...:-o

pulsar_swift

Youngling

Stock Clock speed for 5750 is 700Mhz and for 5770 is 850Mhz. From the screenshot we can say your card is HD5770

chetan.g

Journeyman

@chetan.g :- your IGP can be disabled from your BIOS :).

In the BIOS there should be an option, first display display, or something like that. It would have automatically been disabled, when you seated the GPU, but check to make sure.

I have checked my BIOS following are the options under Internal Graphics option in BIO:

INTERNAL GRAPHICS:
1. PRIMARY VIDEO CONTROLLER: [GFX0-GPP-IGFX-PCI]
[GPP-GFXO-IGFX-PCI]
[PCI-GFXO-GPP-IGFX]
[IGFX-GFXO-GPP-PCI]

2. INTERNAL GRAPHICS MODE: [DISABLED]
[UMA]
[SIDEPORT]
[UMA+SIDEPORT]

3. SLIDEPORT CLOCK SPEED [DDR3-1333 MHZ]

4. SURROUND VIEW [AUTO]
[DISABLED]
[ENABLED]

NOW, I do not know what to do ... whats 1,2,3,4... should i select disable in 2nd??

Ya u have 5770 card..me too have the same card form sapphire...:-o

thanks buddy ... great :)

Stock Clock speed for 5750 is 700Mhz and for 5770 is 850Mhz. From the screenshot we can say your card is HD5770

Thanks pulsar for guide, please help me how to disable my internal graphics my motherborad is M4A785TD-V EVO

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I have checked my BIOS following are the options under Internal Graphics option in BIO:

INTERNAL GRAPHICS:
1. PRIMARY VIDEO CONTROLLER: [GFX0-GPP-IGFX-PCI]
[GPP-GFXO-IGFX-PCI]
[PCI-GFXO-GPP-IGFX]
[IGFX-GFXO-GPP-PCI]

2. INTERNAL GRAPHICS MODE: [DISABLED]
[UMA]
[SIDEPORT]
[UMA+SIDEPORT]

3. SLIDEPORT CLOCK SPEED [DDR3-1333 MHZ]

4. SURROUND VIEW [AUTO]
[DISABLED]
[ENABLED]

NOW, I do not know what to do ... whats 1,2,3,4... should i select disable in 2nd??

1. its your HD4200 IGP.

2. UMA ---> system shared memory.
Sideport ---> 128Mb DDR3 1333Mhz Naina memory. found on all Asus M4A785TD-V EVO boards.
UMA + Sideport ---> if you need more graphics memory. so 128Mb + Shared ram.

3. Sideport Memory's speed.

4. not sure.

Thanks pulsar for guide, please help me how to disable my internal graphics my motherborad is M4A785TD-V EVO

should have got disabled as soon as you plug in a Video card.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Guys, am having a problem , My ati hd4670 fan speed doesnt go above 17% .. is there any problem with the psu?

use Catalyst or MSI Afterburner & manually increase fan speed to 40-60% depending on the temperature. 17% just too low & may result in serious damage to your card.

Geek_rahul

Broken In

yes most local dealers know only Frontech, iBall, Zebronics, Intex.........

GTX460 should be of same power as HD5850. better wait. theres 2 possible outcomes: HD5850 @ price of HD5830 or GTX460 @ price of HD5850 & you get CUDA + PhysX.

^^ Any idea guys when NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450, 440 & 430 will release???

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

thanks for that

so what about the mouse and mat?
decided anything uptill now?
Naah bro had collected around 3.2K then board result came out then had gone some where out(Gramps) by the time i came back dad brought another mouse.... = SAVINGS :)

pulsar_swift

Youngling

Aaah. Not sure man. I too have to install my HD5670 in few days on my mobo. Let me check the manual

Top Bottom