Graphics Cards related queries here.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ mine is an onboard one, where i have share 128mb through BIOS, but softwares other then GPU-Z says that my GPU memory is 512mb

@ Rockstar09 - If you hold your horses then you should get GT240 instead. It's more powerful than HD4670 and does not need a external pci-e power plug.
Or get the card that Krow has suggested :p

Hi, guys saw the 240GT, its a good card DDR3 to DDR5 mem. If better than 4670 I surely dont mind holding my horses:grin:. When is it launching in India and its price??
Are 220GT and 210GT any good, I think so they fall in 9400GT category???

CA50

Cyborg Agent

here is my directX screenshot
*i48.tinypic.com/1puyrr.jpg

here too the GPU memory is said to be 512mb

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Ok...the GPU-Z is showing the exact IGP memory. And the rest is showing, how much the OS is actually allocating to the system for graphics rendering. So 128MB from you RAM is being matched to the IGP to give a total of 512MB. Its all right. No issues.

CA50

Cyborg Agent

^sory i didn`t catch that,
plz explain it.
Again when i share 64mb ram then other softs shows GPU memory as 256mb. why so??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ How are 'you' sharing it. The OS automatically allocates the memory which will also be available to the IGP. In your case it is 128MB.

tkin

Back to school!!

Hi, guys saw the 240GT, its a good card DDR3 to DDR5 mem. If better than 4670 I surely dont mind holding my horses:grin:. When is it launching in India and its price??
Are 220GT and 210GT any good, I think so they fall in 9400GT category???
GT240 is 99$, then it should cost about 4.5-5.5k here, faster than 9600GT/GSO and supports DX10.1. It should launch in 2-3 weeks max.
GT220 and GT210 are possible HTPC cards but not for gaming absolutely. GT240 is good for any budget gaming system that can play most games @ 1440x900 @ medium with no AA(except Crysis)

tkin

Back to school!!

Seems..so...! :)

Book marked it. Black Friday is the day, when all retail outlets sell stuff damn cheap in the US.

Lets see...!
Its out, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1185174#post1185174

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ asigh - I think he is sharing it with the BIOS option :p

@ CA50 - You are sharing the amount of Ram you want to allocate to the IGP through BIOS option ??

I think his 7100 IGP using Turbo cache feature though in a smart way :p

So When He allocates 64 MB the Bios allocates 4 times of Ram to the IGP and when he allocates 128 the IGP solution is using 512MB as Vram or frame buffer.

@ tkin - Thanks for the news update :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@tkin, GT240 is not faster than 9600GT. in some benchmarks, it does lag behind and the price in India would be around 6k which makes it not worthy buy. anyways, let's wait and see.

CA50

Cyborg Agent

@ asigh - I think he is sharing it with the BIOS option :p

@ CA50 - You are sharing the amount of Ram you want to allocate to the IGP through BIOS option ??

I think his 7100 IGP using Turbo cache feature though in a smart way :p

So When He allocates 64 MB the Bios allocates 4 times of Ram to the IGP and when he allocates 128 the IGP solution is using 512MB as Vram or frame buffer.

@ tkin - Thanks for the news update :p

thanks man for your replies, when i share 128mb through BIOS, the Ram properties shown in POST screen and in windows is 896mb. So as you can see 512mb is not shared, only 128mb is share, but why the GPU memory is said to be 512mb:-?:-?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Is there any difference between DX10 and DX10.1? BTW, what the hell's this!?

*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/asasas.jpg

I'm usin' my cousin's GF9800GTX+ which's 512MB, but it's showin' 1.9GB! I'm the happiest man! :D

Anybody seein' this?

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan

GT240 is 99$, then it should cost about 4.5-5.5k here, faster than 9600GT/GSO and supports DX10.1. It should launch in 2-3 weeks max.
GT220 and GT210 are possible HTPC cards but not for gaming absolutely. GT240 is good for any budget gaming system that can play most games @ 1440x900 @ medium with no AA(except Crysis)

I think I saw Zotac GT240 selling for 5.7k at Erodov.com...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ Seems like a cosmetic error. Just use GPU-Z to verify the GPU details.

carl jhonson

Right off the assembly line

My System configuration is:

Intel Pentium D 3.0 ghz
2 gb ram
Intel original 945 gccr board
HDD seagate 160 gb
Nvidia 9600Gt 512 MB DDR3
SMPS 450 Watt

The problem is that whenever I try to play games like Call of duty , Prototype , Crysis and even Cricket 2009 . The games works at a very slow fps, I looks as the problem is with the Power Suply unit of the system as while running POP 4 its got malfunctioned and system crashed...

Is really a SMPS problem here or anything else ..
Please help
Agent 001

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

This is not the place you have to post for Agent 001's answers :)

at what resolution are you gaming?
does any of your friends have branded SMPS? if yes, see if you can hook it up to your rig and test gaming.

Top Bottom