Graphics Cards related queries here.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ Yes true, the 5xxx series give your DX11 and tessellation. But not many games have that as of now. Even with DX10 games looks nice.

I never mentioned that the image quality will be the same on both cards -- provided you are running a game written for the DX11 codepath. There are not that many games available currently for DX11. By the time DX11 become mainstream -- the 5xxx will be old. :)

Sure, go ahead with the HD5750, but do remember it does not have 'that' much processing power. For the same amount you get a board with more guns (Hd4870).

Regarding your query:

I would personally give priority in the following manner:

1. ROPs, TMU, TUs. (they are the basic processing units, more the merrier)
2. Engine Clock. (how fast the processing is going to happen. How many cycles per second)
3. Memory Bandwith (this composes of Mem. Type and Mem. Clock -- how much data can be loaded and quickly available to the engine). This is what feeds the engine.

Transistor count is the overall broad picture. The more transistors on the core -- the more of (1) you will have.

:mrgreen: Thanks 4 the info yaar...now i know 4870 is a graphic horse...but i can extend my budget & get 5770 @least.....
as u can this now is november end & in year 2010 more DX11 games will come @ dat time the 4870 shud not disappoint me(if i buy dat card)...:oops:

@Krow: No Yaar My ultimate choice is ATI no matter what...:twisted:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

:mrgreen: Thanks 4 the info yaar...now i know 4870 is a graphic horse...but i can extend my budget & get 5770 @least.....
as u can this now is november end & in year 2010 more DX11 games will come @ dat time the 4870 shud not disappoint me(if i buy dat card)...:oops:

But if u getting DX 11 card get HD5850 instead of HD5770 , cause DX 11 games gives less FPS than DX 10 games so u need powerful card , as for now u dont want to bother DX 11

U need to see which card is capable of handling games @ higher resolution better eyecandy

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

my apologies Asigh:blush: wouldn't happen again :sealed:
I just wanted to know which card would be better for gaming purpose to play new games like modern warfare 2, DMC4, GTA4.. at decent/good settings HD4670 1GB or GT240 1GB GDDR5. Im a total :noob: sorry.

Get the HD4670

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Well,here you go. You can make the choice yourself:

*www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1255370233EukOTJwLkM_1_8.gif

The memory bandwidth on this card is just too low. It literally cripples it. But for your budget it is a good segment for the Dx11.

r4gs

In the zone

Just a follow up to my complaint about the "Palit GTX260 216sp 896mb sonic" giving up on me.....
Palit service centre in bombay took over a month to check and replace, but they are now giving me a "Palit GTX275 240sp, 896mb" card in return.
Its not that much more powerful than the 260 sonic, but is an improvement.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ good deal u've got there. but one month is waay too much time for a replacement.
Thanks for the follow up.

So finally I am set for sapphire 4670 1GB currently two people favor HD4670 over GT240 for gaming purpose but just wanted confirm from others that is it better than GT240 because topgear says it is much powerful than HD4670 but for HTPC or gaming purpose?:blink:
Waiting for your valuable replies, please reply soon :hyper::hyper:
Thanks

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

GT240 sucks compared to the 4670 in nearly every area.

I'm not sure about power consumption , but i dont think it'd make a big difference.

If you ask me , get the 9600GT if u want good gaming capability. If you dont have a good psu / dont want to invest in one , then get the 4670.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Karan:
In the morning today you were ready to go for the 5750 and then the 5770. What suddenly makes you want to go for 4670. You forgot all I told you about the 4870.

Now I am doubting..what exactly you want. First it was a Dx11 card, then you moved to a higher budget 5xxx card. Now suddenly a low 4xxx card --- which will not even give Dx11 eye-candy, and hardly move games.

@Karan:
In the morning today you were ready to go for the 5750 and then the 5770. What suddenly makes you want to go for 4670. You forgot all I told you about the 4870.

Now I am doubting..what exactly you want. First it was a Dx11 card, then you moved to a higher budget 5xxx card. Now suddenly a low 4xxx card --- which will not even give Dx11 eye-candy, and hardly move games.
Bro you got confused between me and karanTH85. By the way i am going to purchase 4670 or GT240 and you are saying it would hardly move games R.I.P:pan:
And guys please answer to my post #9627 patiently waiting for others to reply, which one is better HD4670 or GT240 had made the plans with my friends to go on 27th i.e Friday

Zangetsu

@Karan:

Hahaha...that is my twin bro KaranSingh....lolz :razz:

OK...finally i have set my mind on HD4870....but my upgrade will happen on Jan-Feb 2010.so @ dat time may be i wud get 5850 under 10k...:oops:

One more question: Which Watt of PSU is recommended...is 500W enough...how is CM PSU :|

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ Ya two very similiar names.

If you are waiting for the upgrade till Feb 2010, then of course we can revisit the prices of the GPUs. A 450W-500W CPU will do well. Good companies are CM/Tagan/Corsair.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Is it worth buyin' a HD5850 now? I don't know, but DX11's havin' so much eye-candy that, I think, can't be handled by HD5850 at high settings and 2x or 4x AA. Maybe 6xxx series will be able to handle it. Can't imagine how all the tessellations and sh*t, will be in fightin' sequences :rolleyes:.

^^ Oops sorry..get the 4670
Yesterday I was just surfing net, from overclockersclub I got to know GT 240 is a far better card than 4670 from their results now I am totally confused:wah::wah:
Guys PLEASE HELP
I have uploaded Batman: Arkham Asylum comparison graph and here is the url to form
{*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_gt240/}
Please reply soon.
View attachment 3169

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

@karan_singh999

GT240 beats HD4670 by 18% in few reviews and in others, they both looks similar. So choosing between these two is on your own. Just let us know the price of GT240. If its around ~4.6k, then its good to go.

Zangetsu

Yesterday I was just surfing net, from overclockersclub I got to know GT 240 is a far better card than 4670 from their results now I am totally confused:wah::wah:
Guys PLEASE HELP
I have uploaded Batman: Arkham Asylum comparison graph and here is the url to form
{*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_gt240/}
Please reply soon.
View attachment 3169

Dont cry just increase your pocket size a little & get a higher version card....:razz:
like 4830

I have shortlisted my choices:
proccy : Core-i5
mobo: I dont know the models which support socket 1156 for i5 so pls suggest & i also
dont how expensive they are ?
gCard: HD4870
RAM : 4GB DDR3
PSU : CM 500Watt (i hope its gud) :oops:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

@KaranTh85

Get a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 for 6.5k....

And for PSU, get Tagan 600W or Corsair VX550W... Better than CM...:twisted:

punkkummander

Broken In

went to collect my gfx card now along with my smps and the comp dude said that a corsair vx450 smps wont be able to withstand the 4870 cuz u need two 6 pin connectors and that a mininum needed smps is 600 watt one. wadeya guys think

Top Bottom