Graphics Cards related queries here.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Had put 'tkin's grid up few weeks back on this forum....! It is a reputable site..!

It seems genuine..now waiting for the reviews to hit the sites..!
Srry, didn't notice, just got a bit too excited, it doesn't matter now, final specs are out.

Performance should match HD4870x2 without the Crossfire bugs. Price is waaay up, 299$ for HD5850 is a bit too much.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

no doubt. I think HD5870's performance will touch or outperform HD4870 X2 and as per few reports, AMD is going to place HD5870 below GTX285's price.

if this is true, we may see HD5850 at 17k and HD5870 at 21k-22k

tkin

Back to school!!

no doubt. I think HD5870's performance will touch or outperform HD4870 X2 and as per few reports, AMD is going to place HD5870 below GTX285's price.

The Top-Dog always forgets the mainstream market, not just nVidia, they priced 9800GTX @ 20k back when they were king, now ATI forgets the mainstream market, they could've easily launched a HD5770 with say 1000/1200 shader @ 10-12k mark(199-229$), but they won't, waiting for nVidia to show its teeth. Looks like ATI's trying to cash as many cows as possible before nVidia launches GT3 series.

HD4870x2 for 22k? I'll wait it out.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Yeah, the pricing is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Rather, get HD4770 X2 Crossfire for 14k and this performs near good as HD4870 X2 if I may remind you guys.

tkin

Back to school!!

Yeah, the pricing is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Rather, get HD4770 X2 Crossfire for 14k and this performs near good as HD4870 X2 if I may remind you guys.
A much better option, but hell, I forgot to buy a CF mobo and my parents ain't letting me change it just for CF, heck they don't know what a GPU is.

Waiting to buy a DX11 GPU @ 2010, after nVidia releases the GT3, can spare max 10-12k, hopefully get a GTX275 equivalent or higher card.

hi i am from delhi. First time i am going to buy a graphic card. Please suggest me from the two i.e. ATI-Radeon or Nvidia-Geforce which is good choice. Personally i like to buy ATI-Radeon based card and thus i choose solution based on HD4650 or HD4670. I like to play games like NFS and GTA. From August 2009 issue of digit i choose XFX GeForce 9600GSO or MSI or Gigabyte HD4650. Please give me the best solution, i can spend only 4-5000 bucks.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Also take this in notice that i have gaigabyte G31M-ES2l Motherboard and Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz processor
Posted again:
Also take this in notice that i have gaigabyte G31M-ES2l Motherboard and Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz processor

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

A much better option, but hell, I forgot to buy a CF mobo and my parents ain't letting me change it just for CF, heck they don't know what a GPU is.

Waiting to buy a DX11 GPU @ 2010, after nVidia releases the GT3, can spare max 10-12k, hopefully get a GTX275 equivalent or higher card.

Yup, That's a good idea ! I'm too waiting for nvidia's GT3 series. After release of those I'm sure ATI will reduce the exorbitant pricing of HD4850 and HD5870 :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

hi i am from delhi. First time i am going to buy a graphic card. Please suggest me from the two i.e. ATI-Radeon or Nvidia-Geforce which is good choice. Personally i like to buy ATI-Radeon based card and thus i choose solution based on HD4650 or HD4670. I like to play games like NFS and GTA. From August 2009 issue of digit i choose XFX GeForce 9600GSO or MSI or Gigabyte HD4650. Please give me the best solution, i can spend only 4-5000 bucks.
Posted again:

under 5k, my pick would 9600GT with GDDR3 memory.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Srry, didn't notice, just got a bit too excited, it doesn't matter now, final specs are out.

Performance should match HD4870x2 without the Crossfire bugs. Price is waaay up, 299$ for HD5850 is a bit too much.

I thought the 5870 would be priced at $299. Which after Indian rates should translate to roughly 17.5K, assuming it is 20% more expensive for this region.

But not to cancel what Tkin has said..this site is mentioning different rates.

I am sure...ATI will continue to play the performance and excellent pricing game.

We just got to wait for the site bench marks, and see how much the 5xxx series are scaling vs the 4xxx series. But for sure, the 5870 will beat the 4870x2.

under 5k, my pick would 9600GT with GDDR3 memory.

ok thanks but tell which one (i.e. Palit or Zotac or XFX or gigabyte, or msi or any other). it is more better if i can get the card with 1GB memory. thanks in advance.
One more question i am going to purchase Corsair VX450W PSU previously i am using i ball 400W PSU. So the question is, is my new purchase PSU will handle the card and the system.

Arnab boss

In the zone

^^^ yeah dude without any doubt...'

A corsair vx 450 is a little monster which can even handle a gts 260 and more...,so don't worry and go 4 vx450..'

^^^ yeah dude without any doubt...'

A corsair vx 450 is a little monster which can even handle a gts 260 and more...,so don't worry and go 4 vx450..'

ok but tell which card is better? please consider also the service of the company provided in delhi!!!1

Arnab boss

In the zone

@vaibhab jain...'

In a 5k bud go 4 9600gt...' palit is good and low priced and xfx is also good but price is high..'

My frnd has a 512 card and he plays all latest games @ 1920*1080 resolution in a samsung 2233 sw moniter...'

So I think a 512 will do it but if u wanna 1 gb then its ur choice...'

i choose XFX GeForce 9600GSO. Is it better than 9600GT? I found it in in reviews of august 09.

ok now i choose ZOTAC 9600GT ECO card, but i have one more query my motherboard is gigabyte G31M-ES2L and it has only one PCI express * 16 slot i dont know whether it is 1.0 or 2.0 and the card which i choose to purchase says that it is compatoble with 2.0 slot. So guide is my choice right i search gigabyte`s site for specifications of my board but there is knowledge related to that.

Top Bottom