Graphics Cards related queries here.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Ok this is the first time i am posting in this thread , was going to create a new thread but stumbled upon it . Anyway my old mobo finally gave up and hence i had to build an entire new system . I have allready purchased the following items like core 2 duo e7500 , 2*2= 4gb ddr2 800 mhz kingston ram , gigabyte G31m-es2l mobo . I have about 7-7.5k left for my graphics card so please suggest accordingly . Also make sure that it is supported by my mobo , it has an pci-e slot but then who knows . I have a cheap 500 w power supply from power safe .

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Give ur PSU for some price

Get 9800GT / HD4850 + Corsair CX400

9800GT + cx 400 => 8.5K to 8.7K

HD 4850 + CX400 => 9.7K

Krow

Crowman

^IMO the 4770 should be a better option for rohan as it consumes much less power and dissipates lesser heat.

@ rohan_mhtr Which monitor are you using? Please wait for some time. ATI 58XX cards are going to launch within 1 month and that will send the other cards' prices crashing. So you will get a much better deal then. :)

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

^IMO the 4770 should be a better option for rohan as it consumes much less power and dissipates lesser heat.

@ rohan_mhtr Which monitor are you using? Please wait for some time. ATI 58XX cards are going to launch within 1 month and that will send the other cards' prices crashing. So you will get a much better deal then. :)

I am using 19 inch samsung lcd monitor . BTW isnt a 500w psu enough since i connect my monitor to external power unit and not to the psu . And how about GTS 250 from palit , i am getting a deal of 7.1k for it .

abhidev

Human Spambot

I want to buy a graphics card with best graphics so that i can play games like prototype...pls suggest me the name and cost of the card which will be compatible with my motherboard.

My motherboard is ASUS P5GC-MX

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^Is this your board: *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=498&l4=0&model=1768&modelmenu=1

what's your budget?
What is model/make of your current SMPS?
What is size of your display?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Strait Answer to abhidev's question... ATI Radeon HD 5870X2:grin:. Wait untill it hits the market. It is the best thing you can get now.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

I am using 19 inch samsung lcd monitor . BTW isnt a 500w psu enough since i connect my monitor to external power unit and not to the psu . And how about GTS 250 from palit , i am getting a deal of 7.1k for it .

Simply put, monitor doesn't draw power from SMPS/PSU!

Krow

Crowman

vamsi, I doubt however that he will need that card for prototype.. ;) I played it on my onboard HD3300 no probs wahatsoever... lol!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

OLD/Cheap psu's have that sort of connector but newer monitor don't use such connectors unless your monitor is from an ancient age but you are using a modern day sexy looking LCD :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^could be around 599$ (roughly around 35k-40k if it gets a release in India)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I want to buy a graphics card with best graphics so that i can play games like prototype...pls suggest me the name and cost of the card which will be compatible with my motherboard.

My motherboard is ASUS P5GC-MX

Well you have the recommendations for the GPU below. Regarding Prototype..it has sound issues..the sound is really really low..even when cranked to maximum. Makes the experience less immersive. I stopped playing it.

Krow

Crowman

^The sound started being nice when i cranked up the volume to 85pc on my Creative 2.1 and to desii when he cranked it up to 50% on his MX-5021

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

What about gts-250 guys , is it worth to spend about 7k on it or should i wait . I can wait for about 15 days more .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^go for it. or you can wait for HD4860 that is going to be available for similar price :)

abhidev

Human Spambot

^^Is this your board: *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=498&l4=0&model=1768&modelmenu=1

what's your budget?
Is this your board: *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=...68&modelmenu=1

what's your budget?

@desiibond
yes thats my motherboard in the link you provided.

1.my budget is of 6k to 7k.
2.Where can i find the model/make of my SMPS..is it required while buying a card?
3.size as in the resolution??...then i have a LCD of 21.5inch with HD support
M really getting frustrated coz there are so many great games comin in the market and m not able to play them...so pls suggest me a graphic card which is compatible to my motherboard and which will allow me to play games like prototype,prince of persia and uncharted 2.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------

what's your budget?

what's your budget?

@desiibond

2.Where can i find the model/make of my SMPS..is it required while buying a card?
:evil:M really getting frustrated coz there are so many great games comin in the market and m not able to play them...so pls suggest me a graphic card which is compatible to my motherboard and which will allow me to play games like prototype,prince of persia and uncharted 2.

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

what's your budget?

@desiibond

:evil:M really getting frustrated coz there are so many great games comin in the market and m not able to play them...so pls suggest me a graphic card which is compatible to my motherboard and which will allow me to play games like prototype,prince of persia and uncharted 2.

Dude the SMPS is really needed for MID range & High range cards , so u need to get good smps like coolermaster / corsair

& if u want to play @ full HD resolution u need a MID range powerful card like HD 4870 1GB , GTX 260 , HD 4890 , GTX 275

abhidev

Human Spambot

okies..so how can i find my make/model of my smps....and which card is under budget and a best buy.

Top Bottom