Graphics Cards related queries here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Ya..we will have to see performance benchmarks and then decide to buy or not.

I guess..the new series should be ~50-60% faster then the 4xxx series. I will probably give a skip to the 5xxx, and get 6xxx end of next year.......!

60% faster means sure it close to GTX295 thats cool ! wat abt the heating issues HD4850 released with 100degree hot welcome ! though HD 5850 may be 40nm will it have any heating issues .

the reference model HD5850 card is so long the cooler is like non sense !:evil:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

60% faster means sure it close to GTX295 thats cool ! wat abt the heating issues HD4850 released with 100degree hot welcome ! though HD 5850 may be 40nm will it have any heating issues .

the reference model HD5850 card is so long the cooler is like non sense !:evil:

Gosh...so much speculation..yes...we all are eagerly waiting for the new cards to come out. I also read up, that TSMC messed up the 40nm process, and the cards might get delayed. And September 11th might just be a 'paper' release. ATI will officially declare the specification/minimum requirements/ideal performance ratios.

If they manage to get out a 5870 x 2, it will be a monster card. Utilizing the Dx11 code path. Though sad..not many games are Dx11 complaint as of yet. DIRT2 should be though....

The last time I was so excited about the release of something was way back in the '90s, when Big B's Agneepath was about to release.....!

tkin

Back to school!!

Gosh...so much speculation..yes...we all are eagerly waiting for the new cards to come out. I also read up, that TSMC messed up the 40nm process, and the cards might get delayed. And September 11th might just be a 'paper' release. ATI will officially declare the specification/minimum requirements/ideal performance ratios.

If they manage to get out a 5870 x 2, it will be a monster card. Utilizing the Dx11 code path. Though sad..not many games are Dx11 complaint as of yet. DIRT2 should be though....

The last time I was so excited about the release of something was way back in the '90s, when Big B's Agneepath was about to release.....!
Being a console game(don't believe the devs, the talk about enhanced PC version is just a damn lie) Dirt 2 won't have any special effects that 's gonna use DX 11 effectively, it will be like HAWX, it will not allow you to turn on all the effects unless you get a DX 11 card, even though crysis showed us what DX 9 can truly accomplish. Same thing is with crysis 2 as well.

The only reason I'm gonna buy that card is that it will show massive performance increase compared to current gen cards, 1200 shader will finally allow people to play Crysis like games @ 1920x1080 maxed out with possibly 4X AA at very cheap price(10k around, after nVidia brings out the GT300), I don't give a damn about DX11, DX 10 was a complete failure, DX 11 will be the same. Until the next gen consoles hit the market DX 9 will rule.

Microsoft didn't include ray tracing support with DX11, so we can forget next gen graphics.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Being a console game(don't believe the devs, the talk about enhanced PC version is just a damn lie) Dirt 2 won't have any special effects that 's gonna use DX 11 effectively, it will be like HAWX, it will not allow you to turn on all the effects unless you get a DX 11 card, even though crysis showed us what DX 9 can truly accomplish. Same thing is with crysis 2 as well.

The only reason I'm gonna buy that card is that it will show massive performance increase compared to current gen cards, 1200 shader will finally allow people to play Crysis like games @ 1920x1080 maxed out with possibly 4X AA at very cheap price(10k around, after nVidia brings out the GT300), I don't give a damn about DX11, DX 10 was a complete failure, DX 11 will be the same. Until the next gen consoles hit the market DX 9 will rule.

Microsoft didn't include ray tracing support with DX11, so we can forget next gen graphics.

Yea lets see how the performance boost is....Crysis is still the benchmark game..!!!

DX10 primarily failed cause of the failure of Windows Vista. Lets see how it holds up with Windows 7 officially being released. Also more game companies should make DX11 games...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

The distributor got the approximate price HD5850 only its 17K + VAT , i m not sure its worth the price

That's a bit of exorbitant pricing. I'm sure the green devil is upto high performing gpu with their GTX 3xxx series :p

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Please someone post the price of the following GPUs in Kolkata:

1.Zotac 9600GT Eco 512MB DDR3(no 6-pin power)
2.MSI or Sapphire HD4670 512MB DDR3

bs25

Right off the assembly line
Which Graphics Card to buy...

i hv intel 2.66 dual core, 945 mb, 3 gb ddr2 ram, 160gb pata and 500 gb sata hdd, dvd-rw, 17" crt monitor with a regular 400 va power supply. i want to buy a graphic card. from aug 09 digit i hv sorted out following g-cards. i hv budget of 5500-6000 inr. plz inform on following specs, which one is better with respect to memory, stream proc., etc.

xfx geforce 9600gso - 768mb ddr2 @ 1000 mhz, 128 bit, g92 chipset, 96 stream proc., 580 mhz core
xfx geforce 9600gt - 512mb ddr3 @ 1400 mhz, 256 bit, g94 chipset, 48 stream proc., 600 mhz core
palit geforce 9600gt - 512mb ddr3 @ 1800 mhz, 256 bit, g94 chipset, 64 stream proc., 600 mhz core
zotac geforcegt 9600gt eco - 512mb ddr3 @ 1800 mhz, 256 bit, g94 chipset, 64 stream proc., 600 mhz core

i would like more on this one ... its an overclocked version of 9600gt ..
palit geforce 9600gt sonic - 512mb ddr3 @ 2000 mhz, 256 bit, g94 chipset, 64 stream proc., 700 mhz core

i want to play games like crysis, far cry, x-men wolverine, mirrors edge, etc. at moderate frame rates, 1024x768 @ 32 bit.

zotac is recommended by digit.
also if u could recommend one... am planning to buy lcd soon... would i require to upgrade power supply...?

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Re: Which Graphics Card to buy...

i hv intel p4 2.66 dual core, 945 mb, 3 gb ddr2 ram, 160gb pata and 500 gb sata hdd, dvd-rw, 17" crt monitor with a regular 400 va power supply. i want to buy a graphic card. from aug 09 digit i hv sorted out following g-cards. i hv budget of 5500-6000 inr. plz inform on following specs, which one is better with respect to memory, stream proc., etc.

xfx geforce 9600gso - 768mb ddr2 @ 1000 mhz, 128 bit, g92 chipset, 96 stream proc., 580 mhz core
xfx geforce 9600gt - 512mb ddr3 @ 1400 mhz, 256 bit, g94 chipset, 48 stream proc., 600 mhz core
palit geforce 9600gt - 512mb ddr3 @ 1400 mhz, 256 bit, g94 chipset, 48 stream proc., 600 mhz core
zotac geforcegt 9600gt eco - 512mb ddr3 @ 1800 mhz, 256 bit, g94 chipset, 64 stream proc., 600 mhz core

i want to play games like crysis, far cry, x-men wolverine, mirrors edge, etc. at moderate frame rates, 1024x768 @ 32 bit. zotac is recommended by digit. also if u could recommend one... am planning to buy lcd soon... would i require to upgrade power supply...?

Is it Dual core or Pentium 4 ??

unless u have good PSU u can't go for 9800GT ! if u want play @ 1024 X 768 resolution then 9600GT is good choice get COOLER MASTER 500 watts

Palit 9600GT => 4.5K good card

If u r in tight budget for PSU , try to get Zebronics PSU 500 watts but i is not good at all !

Cooler master 500 watts => 2500/-

bs25

Re: Which Graphics Card to buy...

damngoodman999 thanx 4 ur reply and sorry 4 the goof ups.. hv edited the post.

can u tell me abt palit 9600gt sonic... its pricing...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

If you are on tight budget then you can run a 9600GT even with a 450W psu like colorsit Rs.1k. Just make sure the psu has 19A rating in +12V rail :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Please someone post the price of the following GPUs in Kolkata:

1.Zotac 9600GT Eco 512MB DDR3(no 6-pin power)
2.MSI or Sapphire HD4670 512MB DDR3

1. Around 5-5.2K
2. Around 4.3-4.6K

Last edited:

hackjack06

Hi All,
I have a doubt reg the above posts.What does the power supply got to do with the graphics card.I'm a little new to the computers so can you please elaborate a little.
Thanks,
Jack.
Posted again:
Hi All,
I have a doubt reg the above posts.What does the power supply got to do with the graphics card.I'm a little new to the computers so can you please elaborate a little.
Thanks,
Jack.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ A midrange to high end graphics cards are a bit power hungry. A 450W cheap SMPS may not be able to provide steady power supply to cards like HD4850.

check this video for more info on why a quality PSU is necessary:

*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=14449

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Hi All,
Thanks,
Jack.
Posted again:
Hi All,
Thanks,
Jack.

:)

Those are words of wisdom written by well knowledgeable guys...! They also own high end GPUs.

The reason the PSU is extremally important for the GPU cause the cards need constant power when rendering 3D. At times cards require 200W+ and this has to be supplied non-stop -- clean. If this does not happen, the system can lock-up and restart, the PSU can burn out due to heavy strain.

^^ A midrange to high end graphics cards are a bit power hungry. A 450W cheap SMPS may not be able to provide steady power supply to cards like HD4850.

check this video for more info on why a quality PSU is necessary:

*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=14449

Great video...!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hi All,
Thanks,
Jack.

I think asigh has already cleared your doubts .

I good quality PSU from a reputed brand is a must have for GPUs like mid range to high end GPUs. If you are willing to spend a fortune on gfx card then why not buy a good psu. While buying a PSU look at it's +12V ampere rating.
More the better.

The post important power source a pc reuiers from PSU is through +12V rail. A Low end PSU rated eg. 450W can deliver 450W but it delivers it's most juice through other rails which the pc components barely uses hardly 10-15% But it's +12V rail rating is too much poor.which is most vital power source the pc components depends like gpu, mobo, fans, hdd and disc drives.

Other than that good quality psu's use high quality components & weights more due to enhanced heat dissipation components. So they heats up less & gives you good reliability & better protection to yopur pc components :p

While buying PSU look for brands like coolermaster, corsair, Tagan seasonics for good quality psus. Otherwise you can get glacialpower, zebronics, colorsit VIP psus :p

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Okay guys, today we'll come to know if HD5800 series is worth any ****.

And also the confusion between 256-bit 7GT GDDR5 or 384-bit 5GT GDDR5 memory, and 1200SP or 1600SP confusion will be cleared, TODAY!

tkin

Back to school!!

And also the confusion between 256-bit 7GT GDDR5 or 384-bit 5GT GDDR5 memory, and 1200SP or 1600SP confusion will be cleared, TODAY!
This image got leaked a week ago, is this genuine??

*www.brightsideofnews.com/data/2009_4_24/ATI-Radeon-5870-and-5870X2-specs-trickle-out/ATI_5870Specs_550.jpg

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I vouch for

1600SP
256-bit GDDR5

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

RADEON HD5870 EXCLUSIVE - 1600 SHADERS
The chip works at 825MHz and has 1600 shaders, two times more than RV770 which indicates that the chip is two times faster than the year old RV770.

The chip has as many as 2.1 billion transistors and is more than twice the number the RV770 packs, which has 956 million transistors. The card uses GDDR5 memory clocked at 1.3GHz (5.2GHz in quad mode) and can provide more than 150GB/second bandwidth. The power of this card stays at 180W while in idle the power drops down to 27W, three times less than the 90W on 4870.
Guys, this means you get HD4870 X2 performance at HD4890 power consumption, and price that of GTX285.

RADEON HD5850 REVEALED - 1440 SHADERS
ATI's Radeon HD 5850 card is a slower and crippled version of the Radeon HD 5870 and this slower card has 1440 shaders and runs at 725MHz.

Just like the Radeon HD 5870, this card comes with 32ROPs and the maximum power consumption is 170W under load and 27W when idle.

tkin

Back to school!!

Here's some pics of HD5870 reference card;

*www.geeksmack.net/content_media/FirstallegedphotosoftheATIRadeonHD5870_7AF5/radeonHD5870a01.jpg

*www.geeksmack.net/content_media/FirstallegedphotosoftheATIRadeonHD5870_7AF5/radeonHD5870a02.jpg

*www.geeksmack.net/content_media/FirstallegedphotosoftheATIRadeonHD5870_7AF5/radeonHD5870a03.jpg

*www.geeksmack.net/content_media/FirstallegedphotosoftheATIRadeonHD5870_7AF5/radeonHD5870a04.jpg

"By a rough specification-based estimate, the Radeon HD 5870 could end up two times faster than the Radeon HD 4870 but realistically, you should expect the new card to be faster by about 60 percent across the board" -
Fudzilla
-Hoped it would be faster(like 2400 shader, but it will do).

Pricing is not satisfactory, 299$ for HD5850 is a bit too much.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Had put 'tkin's grid up few weeks back on this forum....! It is a reputable site..!

It seems genuine..now waiting for the reviews to hit the sites..!

Top Bottom