Graphics Cards related queries here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^550W is enough for GTX260.

But given that HD5850 is to be priced at 200$, you better wait. It's just another 5 days

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Thanks guys but is it worth waiting 4 dx 11 cards or should get a hd 4870 1 gb ddr5...'
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Thanks guys but is it worth waiting 4 dx 11 cards or should get a hd 4870 1 gb ddr5...'

Guys any idea abt samsung p2350 moniter i mean its resolution and other features....'

Is it better than 2233sw or dell s2209..'

Go for the Sapphire HD4870 1GB VAPOR-X @ 10.4k (from lynx-india).

It's awesome, and let me remind you, VAPOR-X is one of the best cooling solutions.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ Well as per here and here...the release is near for the new ATI beasts.

Hold a while man, you are at a crucial time right now. New parts are being released and you want to invest in a new GPU. Probably 20-25 days from now, you could get a much quicker GPU for the same amount...!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^damn. sorry. yes. you guys are right.

it's 299 for HD5850, 399 for HD5870 and 599 for HD5870X2. Looks like ATI is gonna cash in as much as they can before nvidia releases their dx11 prices and then cut the prices right on time of nvidia launch. :)

I am damn sure that amd will make hell lot of profit if they sell HD5850 for that price but that card should seriously justify that price tag.

comp@ddict

HD5850 will have 1200 SPs and double HD4800 texture units, 5GHz GDDR5 chips and a 384-bit bus.

And if other rumours are true, it says HD5800 might actually end up with 1600 SPs and not 1200.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sorry guys for the mistake about ATI's DX11 card release time.

Radeon 5870 will cost around $380-400 & 5850 will cost $280-300 :p

BTW, ati is going to release dual gpu DX11 cards on christmas & the price will be around $600 :p

comp@ddict

Damm it's costly, hope HD5700 has 960 SHADERS and about 199$ price tag.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Sorry guys for the mistake about ATI's DX11 card release time.

Radeon 5870 will cost around $380-400 & 5850 will cost $280-300 :p

BTW, ati is going to release dual gpu DX11 cards on christmas & the price will be around $600 :p

I thought it was Mid September...!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I thought it was Mid September...!

single gpu directX 11 cards ie 5850 & 5870 are gong to be released on this month.

But dual gpu like 5870X2 and 5850X2 cards are going to be released on christmas :p

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

single gpu directX 11 cards ie 5850 & 5870 are gong to be released on this month.

But dual gpu like 5870X2 and 5850X2 cards are going to be released on christmas :p

The distributor got the approximate price HD5850 only its 17K + VAT , i m not sure its worth the price

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

as per the specs, HD5850 should be faster than HD4890. Let's see if it's really worth 17k.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

as per the specs, HD5850 should be faster than HD4890. Let's see if it's really worth 17k.

GTX 285 going to be priced @ 18K sooner ! now its 19K , will HD 5850 beat GTX 285 ??

Y nvidia is silent no news regarding their next gen GPU's , did they notice that HD 58XX series never beats GTX one ?? :?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

hmm. if that is the case, the price will be justified :)
Posted again:
also, I have a feeling that ATI and NVIDIA made peace with each other and not to go into the price war as it has hurt both the companies revenues. They sold more cards but got lot less profits on them. Just a possibility.

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^ have to wait for a review , i dono abt chipset HD 58XX ones but 1200 stream processors are getting in to my nerves ! i bet it ll sure handle the HD resolution gr8

The most Important thing to NOTICE is HEATING ISSUES ! i doubt that on HD 5850 / 5870

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

The distributor got the approximate price HD5850 only its 17K + VAT , i m not sure its worth the price

Ya..we will have to see performance benchmarks and then decide to buy or not.

I guess..the new series should be ~50-60% faster then the 4xxx series. I will probably give a skip to the 5xxx, and get 6xxx end of next year.......!

Top Bottom